Mar 2, 2021
He's lucky that he has a gun

• Yay!
Reactions: mediocre, Callie Arcale, Imaginos and 2 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
The sad part is - even in the painting, he couldn't pull the trigger.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, Callie Arcale and Tiredofhurting
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Thoughts vs ACTION

Reactions: mediocre, Callie Arcale, alown and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
A conflict of thoughts maybe? The man in the painting could be stuck at a crossroad and is totally unsure what to do with his life next. The painting could be a metaphor for having a crisis in life, or it could be more literal...

The man looks like Vincent van Gogh, and it has been suggested that Vincent suffered severely from some form of mental health issue such as bipolar disorder. When I said "bipolar" to myself I remembered that the disorder causes its sufferer to have extreme emotional states, so perhaps the men in the painting represent manic and mania within Vincents mind.

The birds flying above could be ravens which, in certain folklores, represent death, so the painting could also be telling a story of the mans demise. Maybe Vincent van Gogh's suicide was inevitable, at least to the artist, and the ravens represent that said impending doom.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and alown
T

Tiredofhurting

Feb 26, 2021
A conflict of thoughts maybe? The man in the painting could be stuck at a crossroad and is totally unsure what to do with his life next. The painting could be a metaphor for having a crisis in life, or it could be more literal...

The man looks like Vincent van Gogh, and it has been suggested that Vincent suffered severely from some form of mental health issue such as bipolar disorder. When I said "bipolar" to myself I remembered that the disorder causes its sufferer to have extreme emotional states, so perhaps the men in the painting represent manic and mania within Vincents mind.

The birds flying above could be ravens which, in certain folklores, represent death, so the painting could also be telling a story of the mans demise. Maybe Vincent van Gogh's suicide was inevitable, at least to the artist, and the ravens represent that said impending doom.
I like your take. I still have not been able to find out who painted this. I found it one day awhile back and it touched me

Reactions: Callie Arcale
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I like your take. I still have not been able to find out who painted this. I found it one day awhile back and it touched me

Thank you. And yes it is definitely a touching (and beautiful) picture.

Reactions: Callie Arcale