TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
What do you think of this thread where people who have been clinically dead talk about their experiences?

What I find interesting is that some of them were so angry and irritated when they were brought back to life, and would prefer what they experienced while being clinically dead rather than being alive. Yet death is still looked down upon...

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: Pen>Sword, Ringo, charlemagne and 1 other person
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I'm really cynical and assume some of them are making it up.

It is comforting that it feels like a peaceful drifting off.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, justsayin, Skathon and 5 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Most people on reddit are full of shit.

Reactions: fox_wannabe, justsayin, Sanva and 4 others
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
This is a fact I learned way too late in life. Use to ask Reddit for dating advice, one of the worst decisions I ever made lol. The site is full of children, it's basically modern day yahoo answers, with absolute ignoramuses thinking they know anything about topics in which they know nothing. The anonymity and size remove all community feel in large subs and people have no incentive to be truthful.

• Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest, PreussenBlueJay and LastFlowers
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
This is a fact I learned way too late in life. Use to ask Reddit for dating advice, one of the worst decisions I ever made lol. The site is full of children, it's basically modern day yahoo answers, with absolute ignoramuses thinking they know anything about topics in which they know nothing. The anonymity and size remove all community feel in large subs and people have no incentive to be truthful.
I'd like to keep this on subject if possible. reddit is like that, true. but I want to hear more thoughts on those answers because for some reason it feels comforting that most experienced nothingness. Sure, some definitely are fabricated. The more ''magic'' element it has , the more you know it's fake. Or maybe they didn't voluntarily faked their answer but experienced hallucination. These days I'm trying to find answers, as many as possible, on this subject cause I want to make peace with death and the unknown.

Reactions: WoAiGou
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I'd like to keep this on subject if possible. reddit is like that, true. but I want to hear more thoughts on those answers because for some reason it feels comforting that most experienced nothingness. Sure, some definitely are fabricated. The more ''magic'' element it has , the more you know it's fake. Or maybe they didn't voluntarily faked their answer but experienced hallucination. These days I'm trying to find answers, as many as possible, on this subject cause I want to make peace with death and the unknown.
Alrighty... I think the brain does some weird shit when the body is dying. Doesn't mean it's the afterlife. I wish I could believe it was, since it seems like most NDE are positive.

Also, it's weird how many people on reddit, reading that thread at that moment, have been technically dead. I mean, what are the odds?

Reactions: justsayin, Skathon, Bone and 1 other person
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I'd like to keep this on subject if possible. reddit is like that, true. but I want to hear more thoughts on those answers because for some reason it feels comforting that most experienced nothingness.
Sorry, I read the story about the young girl meeting her spirit grandma and it made me irritated.

I've heard that about death too, specifically with people dying of hypothermia out in the cold. Everything is agonizing and terrifying for some amount of time, then it turns peaceful and warm and blissful. All anxieties start to wash away and the person dying feels at peace and okay with their death. I wonder if it's because the body decides it's completely screwed and so it stops trying to signal for the conscious soul to survive, instead it decides to make the final moments feel okay.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and TheHatedOne
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Sorry, I read the story about the young girl meeting her spirit grandma and it made me irritated.

I've heard that about death too, specifically with people dying of hypothermia out in the cold. Everything is agonizing and terrifying for some amount of time, then it turns peaceful and warm and blissful. All anxieties start to wash away and the person dying feels at peace and okay with their death. I wonder if it's because the body decides it's completely screwed and so it stops trying to signal for the conscious soul to survive, instead it decides to make the final moments feel okay.
Considering how strange our brain is... it's curious how all these experiences gathered is mostly divided: many say they experienced nothingness, others say they encountered persons dear to them, and then few were negative, claiming they saw ''hell''. In the end nothing's clear, as it was in the beginning. But, strangely, that thread made me feel calm after I read it.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and OrcWitch
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
It would be nice if there was a hard, hard look into this but nope. It doesn't change my plans though. I do like to hear the stories and try to find gaps or patterns. It does look odd that the experiences can be grouped as they are (I agree with the redditer who compiled the list) considering the differences in people.

Reactions: TheHatedOne