Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I don't consider those who are against to covid vaccine to be anti vaxx

I'm talking about real antivaxxers. Those who refused the polio vaccine for their babies for example

Reactions: Depressed Cat and GentleJerk
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Why do you not think of the people who are against the Covid vaccine as antivaxxers? Is it because the Covid vaccine has not gone through the standard clinical trials as most other vaccines? If that's the reason, I can sort of understand where they are coming from, but I still don't think they are making the right decision not to take the vaccine. The reason the clinical trials for Covid were different was that it had to be developed as fast as possible. That does not in and of itself mean something is bad or sinister about it.

Being an antivaxxer is cruel and selfish on so many levels. Not only do you deny basic science on the level of Flat Earthers, but you also willingly put people in life-threatening danger. For anyone who reads this that is an antivaxxer, please take some time to watch this video. It explains how vaccines work in easy-to-understand terms, detailing the side effects and general effectiveness of vaccinations.

• Informative
Reactions: Pomegranate, wljourney, ............. and 3 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I don't care, it seems like a them kindof problem.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
If that was all there was, I wouldn't care either, but the truth is that antivaxxers put a lot of innocent people in danger. Not only their own families (by refusing to let their children, for example, get vaccinated) but also puts the people who for medical reasons cannot receive vaccines in danger by potentially exposing them to deadly diseases.

Reactions: Pomegranate, wljourney, NSA and 2 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Why do you not think of the people who are against the Covid vaccine as antivaxxers? Is it because the Covid vaccine has not gone through the standard clinical trials as most other vaccines? If that's the reason, I can sort of understand where they are coming from, but I still don't think they are making the right decision not to take the vaccine. The reason the clinical trials for Covid were different was that it had to be developed as fast as possible. That does not in and of itself mean something is bad or sinister about it.
do you realise that FDA just approved the 4th shot? This vaccine is a joke, just like covid 19.

Being an antivaxxer is cruel and selfish on so many levels. Not only do you deny basic science on the level of Flat Earthers, but you also willingly put people in life-threatening danger. For anyone who reads this that is an antivaxxer, please take some time to watch this video. It explains how vaccines work in easy-to-understand terms, detailing the side effects and general effectiveness of vaccinations.
thanks for your opinion

some illnesses are really serious, like pollio. don't you think they're kinda assholes for exposing others to deadly stuff like that?

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
As the parent of a child with Autism, I went deeply down this particular rabbit-hole.

I do believe that vaccination is a good thing and based on sound science.

However, I have deep concerns about the expansion of the schedule since the 1970's.

It seems like they keep adding to it without any studies into the effect the schedule has in-toto.

The immune system in the human body is a wonder of nature in itself, but it's not a finite resource.

It's really hard to have a decent debate around the current schedule without people losing their shit.

Attachments

• schedule.jpg
    schedule.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Depressed Cat and Message In A Bottle
goofy

goofy

Chicago's goofiest shooter
Apr 9, 2022
They are fighting the good fight.

Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I was vaccinated with all recommended childhood vaccines (I didn't have any choice), and I voluntarily took two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine (I had a choice, and I made an informed decision).

I am a firm believer in individual rights and respecting individuals' choices. If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated for whatever reason, or doesn't want to get his/her child vaccinated against something for whatever reason, then their right not to get vaccinated or not to get their child vaccinated must be respected, period.

I'm firmly in the pro-choice camp for individual rights, whether it's the right to die or the right not to get vaccinated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated for whatever reason, or doesn't want to get his/her child vaccinated against something for whatever reason, then their right not to get vaccinated or not to get their child vaccinated must be respected, period.
even with highly infectious deadly disease like Ebola or the plague or polio?

If these people would isolate themselves on an island under the ocean that wouldn't be an issue to me either
They are fighting the good fight.
hmm

Last edited:
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
even with highly infectious deadly disease like Ebola or the plague or polio?

If these people would isolate themselves on an island under the ocean that wouldn't be an issue to me either

Why should those who have been vaccinated worry about getting the disease from the unvaccinated??? 🤔

The vaccinated should be glad to have the protection provided by vaccines that would prevent them from getting the disease from the unvaccinated.

It's the unvaccinated who need to worry about contracting the disease, not the vaccinated! Doesn't this make sense? It certainly does to me!

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It literally cannot be considered a vaccine if you can still easily contract Covid after receiving it. And if these types of numbers scare you, you've probably never researched ordinary flu deaths.

Consider that the overwhelming majority of these deaths are those who are 65+ and/or immunocompromised people with 2-4 comorbidities. Recognize that the normal flu all but disappeared during this pandemic. To say nothing of the number of people who suffered cardiac and blood clot related symptoms after getting the jab.

Don't get suckered into a government- and media narrative that seems off. Look at the end results.

Reactions: Élégie, Message In A Bottle, Depressed Cat and 1 other person
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Why should those who have been vaccinated worry about getting the disease from the unvaccinated??? 🤔

The vaccinated should be glad to have the protection provided by vaccines that would prevent them from getting the disease from the unvaccinated.

It's the unvaccinated who need to worry about contracting the disease, not the vaccinated! Doesn't this make sense? It certainly does to me!
c'mon. It doesn't work like that. would you send your kid to hang out and befriends crystal meth and fentanyl addicts because you're confident that you've taught him not to do drugs?

nothing is perfect. that includes vaccines. But it's indeniabke that vaccine saved humanity from suffering multiple times.

now I'm open to theories that certain diseases could be man made but that's a different topic
It literally cannot be considered a vaccine if you can still easily contract Covid after receiving it. And if these types of numbers scare you, you've probably never researched ordinary flu deaths.

View attachment 90139

Consider that the overwhelming majority of these deaths are those who are 65+ and/or immunocompromised people with 2-4 comorbidities. Recognize that the normal flu all but disappeared during this pandemic. To say nothing of the number of people who suffered cardiac and blood clot related symptoms after getting the jab.

Don't get suckered into a government- and media narrative that seems off. Look at the end results.
i agree. did you read my original post?

Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
nothing is perfect. that includes vaccines.

This is precisely my point!

No vaccine is 100% perfect. Or in other words, no vaccine is 100% safe and no vaccine is 100% effective.

So there is a risk, however small it may be, of having an adverse event following vaccination. This is the risk that people need to be aware of, and be thoroughly informed about. Then, they need to make an informed choice of whether getting the vaccine is a risk worth taking.

I'm firmly in favour of individual rights. Pro-choice is not a term I use for selected purposes only. Each one has to make an informed choice for himself/herself and their kids, as the latter don't have the ability to make an informed choice for themselves.