D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I'm afraid to die what if it's hell and not permanent nothingness. I believe we go to the state we were before we were born and we remember none of it but what if there is a judgement and we are actually judged for ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, hi-okbye and Leavesfromthevine
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe that once we die we just eternally cease existing. Death is nothing more than a dreamless and eternal sleep where all is forgotten about. This is why death comforts me so much, I only see non-existence as being ideal.

Reactions: PathtoDie and haibane
Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
I believe nothing happens, as we are just animals. However I can understand people who believe in reincarnation more than people who believe in a benevolent god.

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I think there's nothing personally like you said but if there's a hell so be it, I will be giving god a piece of my mind and then flipping him off as I get judged because of having such a deplorable and cruel system of life and torment. If there is reincarnation/rebirth I will personally ctb every single time with no hesitation until I am utterly destroyed for good.

Reactions: sserafim
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
To be honest, I have seen visions throughout my life that my life is a simulation in some kind of science center and I clearly remember the last moments with my family (not from the simulation) before I plunged into the simulation. I can't be completely sure about this, but it will be very interesting to find out what's really going on.

Be that as it may, if we really are subject to torture in hell, then we will experience it all together, which is not as terrible as the loneliness and despair that we experience.

Reactions: sserafim, oddetoad, Nanako and 1 other person
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I think that there is literally nothing after death. An eternal and complete peace.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
there's been not 1 experiment nor evidence of any god , afterlife, hell , reincarnation ,soul, ghosts, spirits . Yet most people believe that there is a soul afterlife or reincarnation.

People have tried to detect a god , a soul , a ghost for hundreds of years . yet not a single iota of scientific proof of any of that. I haven't seen anything. Of course even if i would I would attribute it to a hulacination which can happen : that's proven with LSD, other halucinogens even dreams. Yeah I see worlds and things that aren't happening in my sleep when i'm dreaming but then i wake up and I kmow it was a dream . So it is possible for the brain to see things that aren't there as in dreams drug induced hallucinations. but i think people just made up all these things about souls and gods to control others.

There is 100 years of neuroscience or brain science that proves all mental activity is generated solely by the brain. This 100 years of thousands of studies and experiments. Same for cell science, evolution and others. Just reading books on these subject show what a human is just another animal like a chimpanzee, crow , dog , cat, fish. These experiments have been duplicated many times and so confirmed. further more other experiments , science and tech that depend on the earlier confirmed truths would not work or prove the earlier ones to be false . but no for 100 years these fields have moved forward. Evolution has been proven to be true. i read brain books, books about the cell etc. It all makes sense the more you read the details of the machinery all fit together.

However there's been not 1 experiment nor evidence of any god , afterlife, hell , reincarnation ,soul, ghosts, spirits . Yet most people believe that there is a soul afterlife or reincarnation.

I don't believe there is any soul, god , reincarnation, afterlife nothing. A human ceases to exist after death forever

Last edited:
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Nothing. No darkness just nothing. You cease to exist.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I agree with what you say but couldn't you make the case that since we were already born once then something else can make us be born again? Like reincarnation of sorts

Reactions: sserafim
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I believe in reincarnation. My psychic readings which are very accurate predicted reincarnation is real.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and tinyghost
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
personally i believe in reincarnation, so when we die we are reborn into someone/thing else.
I believe in reincarnation. My psychic readings which are very accurate predicted reincarnation is real.
my personal experience and memories also point to it 100% i dont even want ro believe it in but its just the truth

Reactions: sserafim and tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Agreed. I don't want to believe that, I don't want to reincarnate. Happy to be wrong about it.

I believe in God but that's pretty close to my idea of God when we've finished cycles of reincarnation. You could call it Nothingness and pretty much be close to what I think. What could be more perfect and peaceful than that? That could be the ultimate SS forum convention 😄

MrBrownUpsideD

MrBrownUpsideD

Apr 9, 2023
I think it's human selfishness that implanted the idea of an afterlife. We believe our lifes to be valuable enough that our consciousness should defy all currently known obserable laws of the universe just to keep existing beyond matter. Becoming existentially aware was just a manufacturing error from complex lifeforms evolving to better adapt to their surroundings. Humanity is not unique to this. We know it's a malfuction because it can literally cause us to become depressed and kill ourselves. Life evolving to end itself just doesn't make any sense. Life doesn't make sense in an existential sense either, but you don't have time to think about that when you're too busy surviving.

After our time on earth we will return to what we were before: less than nothing. And I am grateful for it.

Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
'Hell' is a cultural construct and as such it's as likely to be real as any other afterlife scenario your mind can conjure.

It's impossible to know what lies beyond death because, if it's metaphysical in nature then we're simply not equipped with the function to deduce its true nature. Why would a "God", if there is one, design us with the ability to infer what he can infer? Therefore, it's either Nothing or something we're simply not allowed to comprehend, so I think it's futile to apply human logic here as some people in this thread have done. I think every single answer regarding what comes after death has a 50/50 chance of being correct.

Reactions: sserafim and WeDontKnowTheFuture
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
'Hell' is a cultural construct and as such it's as likely to be real as any other afterlife scenario your mind can conjure.

It's impossible to know what lies beyond death because, if it's metaphysical in nature then we're simply not equipped with the function to deduce its true nature. Why would a "God", if there is one, design us with the ability to infer what he can infer? Therefore, it's either Nothing or something we're simply not allowed to comprehend, so I think it's futile to apply human logic here as some people in this thread have done. I think every single answer regarding what comes after death has a 50/50 chance of being correct.
I can't comprehend the idea of nothingness. Like sleep?

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
For those that CTB? Nothing. We personally don't believe in any divine being or afterlife. (What supposedly divine being could have incomprehensible power and yet CHOOSE to do nothing to help the many people in the world that suffer every day for things that are not their choice or fault). Unfortunately for those we leave behind to end our misery, the ones that knew us well take on a portion of the pain we felt.