N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I just looked up who is viewing some threads of mine. And in some threads there are mainly guests who are viewing it. In some mostly members.
Do you think there are more guests with bad intentions? Like spying on us or collecting information. I could imagine that. But maybe I am just paranoid. I hope so.

I already made a thread about lurkers. We don't know much about them.

Is there a distinct difference between the interests of members compared to the interests of guests? Maybe there is but we simply don't know it.

Do you think this is completely random? Or are there threads which have a special allure for guests who visit this forum?

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I just looked up who is viewing some threads of mine. And in some threads there are mainly guests who are viewing it. In some mostly members.
Do you think there are more guests with bad intentions? Like spying on us or collecting information. I could imagine that. But maybe I am just paranoid. I hope so.

Is there a distinct difference between the interests of members compared to the interests of guests? Maybe there is but we simply don't know it.

Do you think this is completely random? Or are there threads which have a special allure for guests who visit this forum?

The non-member users are probably a mix of curious people and law enforcement officers.

I, too, was just a non-members for about a couple of years until registering an account became mandatory.

I think that those non-members are harmless, thoguh, since the most they can do is to read our posts.

Reactions: Burner1234
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It doesn't mean anything. The guests are just suffering suicidal people looking for ways to exit this world. Many people simply do not feel the need to make an account to browse this forum, as they can get method information just by reading the forum. I feel like people who make an account are ones who want to search for specific method information using the search function or need to ask specific method questions. I don't really understand why anyone would need to know how many guests are viewing a thread. It doesn't matter.

Reactions: Shivali, Lost in a Dream and 27clubBRIAN
T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
IMO, there is good reason to be careful and concerned on this site as there are many undercover, LE, and prolifers here. I'm not saying there's a need to worry about it but need to be careful. And make sure you're using a VPN when accessing this site.

Reactions: Hercules
B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
Probably a variety of non-members/guests lurking on this site. Everything from the depressed, people that lost someone who was a member of this site, to LE, to journalists, and probably even a few psychologists.
Goodbye threads might attract more people both lurkers and members but idk.
I personally lurked for a few months before becoming a member.

• Hugs
Reactions: Passersby
Caterpillar

Caterpillar

Slick n' Slim
Aug 1, 2022

I think it can also mean that they're on the boarder. Like I know with myself you're going to be extremely depressed and each little new low, is sort of a 'ah okay well that's a new achievement unlocked' moment(Sarcasticly). And i wouldn't have thought, or even considered joining a community a few years ago, but the ball keeps rolling and you take a stick out your ass and acknowledge that yep, you're at the self harm stage, yep you're at the collect tools stage, yep you're ready to off stage. So those guests are maybe somewhere shy yet coming down a slope. Just one option i think, of many, that i know was in my case.

castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
The guests are probably members who failed to log in, there is no benefits to being logged in except ability to post and place inappropriate emojis.

So their just ghosts u know but being anonymous.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Some of the guests are probably data scrapers/google etc.

And of course there are people who view threads without an account. This is an open forum.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It makes me nervous. I believe they should have closed it to members only a long time ago. They did this temporarily but then opened it back up. I think that's a mistake.

If someone can't go through the trouble and waiting period of registering, they should not have access to the method details on this site.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, MountainMonkey and Jrmull1993
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022

Simply knowledge seeking, some for curiosity, some for methods, some for a peculiar type of therapy.

Reactions: Celerity
CrappyMJ

CrappyMJ

Apr 2, 2019
Registering is manual approval so I assume its discentiving lurkers from making an account even more