• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019
I'm agnostic. I don't know if there's an entity with superior senses than us human beings, but I like to believe there are several dimensions both bigger and smaller that ours, which we don't perceive. That's just how I like to see it but of course we can't be sure about anything. It would be cool if dying lets you access to another dimension, but who knows. Maybe ghosts and spirits really do exist. And even though it was probably just sleep paralysis, I've seen the same demon/spirit several times. Plus I can't explain to myself the fact that sometimes we leave our bodies when dissociating. Possibly there's something bigger than us.
Though I still don't understand if I want to cease to exist forever or to enter a better place than this horrendous world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Escaper Boy and omw/2/ctb
housecat

housecat

Apr 5, 2019
I don't believe in anything, but I don't know. Or souls / consciences might all go to where we believe, or to somewhere from a specific belief, or somewhere unimaginable, but probably nowhere. Sorry that isn't much of an answer.

Reactions: omw/2/ctb and chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I don't believe in anything, but I don't know. Or souls / consciences might all go to where we believe, or to somewhere from a specific belief, or somewhere unimaginable, but probably nowhere. Sorry that isn't much of an answer.
There's no correct or satisfactory answer. Everyone has their view. :)

Reactions: omw/2/ctb
omw/2/ctb

omw/2/ctb

Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it
Mar 29, 2019
I was raised Catholic but now I'm an atheist. Every single living thing on earth shares the same basic dna because we all evolved from the same single-celled organisms. For the first 3.3 billion years of the planet, only single-celled organisms existed, more complex multi-celled organism only emerged about 700 million years ago and everything living today decends from the organisms that survived the 5 great extinction events. Evidence suggests that our ancestors only developed the communicative speech about 150 thousand years ago, and the earliest death rituals only emerge 50 thousand years ago. Consciousness, therefore, is only a very recent phenomenon. Did the primordial organisms of ancient earth have an afterlife? It seems reasonable to suggest our belief in the 'soul' is a byproduct of our consciousness, which is itself a byproduct of our intelligence. This ability to imagine our existence beyond our bodies makes us unique among all our 'cousins'. It's a lonely place...being the only awake creatures on the planet...we don't want to believe our consciousness is as mortal as our bodies and every other living thing on the planet. Dreams and hallucinations can seem very real, but there's no real evidence to suggest they exist anywhere outside out heads. Like a child at Christmas, we ignore all the incongruities of belief because want to believe in the magic that makes us feel better. Somewhere in the back of our minds, I think we all know that eventually, one Christmas morning we'll know the truth and the magic will have disappeared forever.

Damn, I am a depressing b*stard this time of the morning! Sorry for being a downer (-;

Reactions: Numbtopain97, ish, Cevapcici and 2 others
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I was raised Catholic but now I'm an atheist. Every single living thing on earth shares the same basic dna because we all evolved from the same single-celled organisms. For the first 3.3 billion years of the planet, only single-celled organisms existed, more complex multi-celled organism only emerged about 700 million years ago and everything living today decends from the organisms that survived the 5 great extinction events. Evidence suggests that our ancestors only developed the communicative speech about 150 thousand years ago, and the earliest death rituals only emerge 50 thousand years ago. Consciousness, therefore, is only a very recent phenomenon. Did the primordial organisms of ancient earth have an afterlife? It seems reasonable to suggest our belief in the 'soul' is a byproduct of our consciousness, which is itself a byproduct of our intelligence. This ability to imagine our existence beyond our bodies makes us unique among all our 'cousins'. It's a lonely place...being the only awake creatures on the planet...we don't want to believe our consciousness is as mortal as our bodies and every other living thing on the planet. Dreams and hallucinations can seem very real, but there's no real evidence to suggest they exist anywhere outside out heads. Like a child at Christmas, we ignore all the incongruities of belief because want to believe in the magic that makes us feel better. Somewhere in the back of our minds, I think we all know that eventually, one Christmas morning we'll know the truth and the magic will have disappeared forever.

Damn, I am a depressing b*stard this time of the morning! Sorry for being a downer (-;
I used to be of your same idea. But then I realized, even if this concept is the most logically sound, how do we even know that logic is logical? If you get what I mean. How do we know we're not living a lie and every single thing we've learnt so far is just not true, or that we are in some kind of simulation? Despite the logical conclusion being the one that would lead one to believe there's nothing more to our human body made of human flesh, I believe we don't know that for sure. Even if it makes sense. Plus, it seems highly coincidental that given all the randomness that governs our existence, we found ourself in a giant piece of rock floating in a universe calibrated just with the precisely right parameters that allow us to be a conglomerate of atoms that knows that it is a conglomerate of atoms, if that makes any sense. But maybe our own minds are playing us tricks and why would we have to be so certain that our brains are reliable tools to find truth? I don't know, this is just the way I see it but I highly respect your opinion. It once was my opinion too, after all

Last edited:
Reactions: Escaper Boy
omw/2/ctb

omw/2/ctb

Mar 29, 2019
I used to be of your same idea. But then I realized, even if this concept is the most logically sound, how do we even know that logic is logical? If you get what I mean. How do we know we're not living a lie and every single thing we've learnt so far is just not true, or that we are in some kind of simulation? Despite the logical conclusion being the one that would lead one to believe there's nothing more to our human body made of human flesh, I believe we don't know that for sure. Even if it makes sense. Plus, it seems highly coincidental that given all the randomness that governs our existence, we found ourself in a giant piece of rock floating in a universe calibrated just with the precisely right parameters that allow us to be a conglomerate of atoms that knows that it is a conglomerate of atoms, if that makes any sense. But maybe our own minds are playing us tricks and why would we have to be so certain that our brains are reliable tools to find truth? I don't know, this is just the way I see it but I highly respect your opinion. It once was my opinion too, after all
Of course, as Descarte postulated, we can be imagining everything. But it doesn't seem the rest of the living world is at all bothered by our most troubling question. Throughout human history, we have invented explanations for what we don't understand. Maybe I am too.

Reactions: chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
Of course, as Descarte postulated, we can be imagining everything. But it doesn't seem the rest of the living world is at all bothered by our most troubling question. Throughout human history, we have invented explanations for what we don't understand. Maybe I am too.
Thanks for replying, this was an interesting conversation. The only thing I am fairly certain is that we must exist in some form or another, otherwise where would our thoughts even come from? But then I have this problem with depersonalization and I am not even sure about that too lol.

omw/2/ctb

omw/2/ctb

Mar 29, 2019
Thanks for replying, this was an interesting conversation. The only thing I am fairly certain is that we must exist in some form or another, otherwise where would our thoughts even come from? But then I have this problem with depersonalization and I am not even sure about that too lol.
I hear you, the thought often wakes me in the night: what if there really is no spoon? lol

chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I hear you, the thought often wakes me in the night: what if there really is no spoon? lol
Exactly, that sudden realization haha. We own no spoon at all ;)

omw/2/ctb

omw/2/ctb

Mar 29, 2019

• Love
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018

This might interest you: Consciousness Explained https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316180653/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eWZWCbN7MVVQY

AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
I believe that there might be something, got no idea what though. Hoping for nothingness tbh

Reactions: Kikoo Loool, omw/2/ctb, Roberto and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think there is just nothingness, you are no longer sentient nor capable of conscious or experiencing conscious. In other words, when you are dead, it is just total darkness and lack of perception of said darkness. I am an atheist so I don't believe in a God nor an afterlife.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, omw/2/ctb, Misanthrope and 1 other person
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I think there is just nothingness, you are no longer sentient nor capable of conscious or experiencing conscious. In other words, when you are dead, it is just total darkness and lack of perception of said darkness. I am an atheist so I don't believe in a God nor an afterlife.
i used to think that too, I respect your opinion :)

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018

It's like the year 1930. I didn't exist then, and I have no awareness of it. Nothing to fear about not existing.

Reactions: omw/2/ctb, Roberto and Deadgirl
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Every day we die a bit. Some cells die. We forget little things. We get birth every day, and die every night. We are a new entity every morning.

Last edited:
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Consciousness is the product of brain activity. When that activity ceases, so does consciousness.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, ddimd, Kikoo Loool and 2 others
R

Ryath

Apr 26, 2019
No one has an answer for certainty. Science is based off of empirical evidence and there is no solid proof for life after death without conjecture - however, that being said, I do have a myriad of ideologies that I would consider; the most obvious being that it is an abyss of nothingness that is beyond reasoning to comprehend. Perhaps the idea of reconstitution or rebirth into a parallel universe that could confirm m-theory; quantum mechanics is enthralling when it comes to this type of conjecture. My last belief is that of your archetypal Catholic with a sprinkling of atheism and agnosticism - there is a paradise within your own consciousness that is perpetually trapped within time. One could postulate that all of these concepts are mere fabrications for something that we cannot fully comprehend - such as time or our own consciousness. Look at the previous statement made about Rene Descartes and his quote "I think, therefore I am."

D

ddimd

Apr 14, 2019
I really want it to be absolute nothingness. I would be pissed off as hell if there was an afterlife or if I retained any form of conscious thought. If there's such thing as paradise after death, I hope that it will be what each individual's idea of paradise is. For example, being reunited with loved ones etc. but for me, eternal sleep would be my ideal form of paradise.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm guessing nothing happens. Your consciousness dies and u decompose.It's difficult to conceive there's a different dimension where u are still existing after your body ceases to function. Maybe we are judged who knows. I hope there is not a second hell because I already feel like I'm in hell in this life even if I'm not like on the street starving or some circumstance that is really extreme.