• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

In the grippy socks jail
May 5, 2023
I'm not religious but also like to believe there is some place we could call heaven. I used to want to reincarnate when I was younger but no matter who or what I would reincarnate as I still couldn't escape the pain life gives. I like to imagine the haven thing as some field on a sunny day where I get to play with my dog who is probably waiting for me. We're both healthy and carefree, experiencing this bizarre feeling of happiness until it all fades away into non-existence. A "happy ending" of some sort- we would just peacefully disappear. This personal heaven makes death more inviting, something that we shouldn't be scared of because it will hurt only for a short while, a good thing I should look forward to and make sure the day I end it all will be perfect, not a deadline that I should worry about. This makes me feel a bt beter.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, maidens, Circles and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i think that its going to be an individual experience the way life is an individual experience. i think its going to be whatever is right/best for the person (excluding 'hell')

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36, morgueprincess and 2 others
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Nothing at all, just non-existence.

Reactions: sserafim, borderlinee, Silent Raindrops and 3 others
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Having grown up in a deeply religious country, what was drummed at an early age is the concept of heaven and hell.
Growing up and having looked through other belief systems, a lot of them still advocated the scenario that if one CTB then it was definite that heaven wasn't the place for them.
Having said that, there were discussion if the same still applied if the CTB was altruistic or egotistic, but that just muddied the waters for me.
I came across information regarding reincarnation as well, and I toyed with the idea in my head for a bit, then also read into how there's just nothing.
In the end, I just wanted to avoid the headache so I just tried to make peace with the fact that im not going to heaven(things drummed into us since childhood are a bit difficult to remove). Sort of just going "ready or not, here I come"

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, breezeboy, iLikeFrogs and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Hopefully another realm without suffering. A few of my friends had NDEs and said it was peaceful and saw what their deceased loved ones

Reactions: sserafim and reclaimedbynature
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe we just eternally cease existing, death is nothing more than an dreamless sleep where all is forgotten about, the thought of such is all that comforts me, I'm always and only wishing for the peace of nothingness.

Reactions: sserafim, borderlinee and ijustwishtodie
I

Iwhohavenothing

Dec 12, 2023
I'm far from religious but I do sometimes think that there must be a reason to life because what's the point in having children if we are born just to die. There must be something after death

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
We will become ethereal dust, a spark amidst the vastness of time. An indestructible memory carved into the universe.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Permanent non existence

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
After Death is non-existence forever .

I guess people say that there is a soul so that implies there is a constant you, a constant self and they say that's eternal but a human is a brain and that changes every day. I was something different at age 2, 5, 8 every year. the "me" at age 1, 2, 5 every year no longer exists because that "me"and I today have nothing in common . And the brain changes even during adulthood through learning changing beliefs even way of thinking consiousness changes also . so who is the "Me" the one at 2 months old , the one at 3 years of age who still knew nothing. the one at 5 years old?

So many things like this boggle my mind . that no one talks about or questions anything including that you were something different at these different ages not just physically but mentally. And that previous you no longer exists.

for example most children don't understand Death is permanent before age 6. Only from ages 6 to 10 years do children finally begin to understand that Death is permanent ,universal and inevitable. imo non-human animals have no concept of Death and don't know Death is universal , inevitable and permanent.

There is not one iota of evidence for any afterlife , nor for reincarnation, ghosts, spirits , soul, magic god, gods, angels, devil , supernatural beings etc.

there is not an iota of evidence for any of these theories and stories.

All these stories have things in common. there is no reproducible experimental evidence. All we have is that some human thinks this is real or that they say they saw something.

there is no reproducible experimental evidence. All we have is that some human thinks this is real or that they say they saw something.
And again each begs the question why.why would anyone go through all the trouble to to create life that can suffer such unbearable pain.

the only thing that makes sense is a horrific accident of chaos, a chemical reaction created the molecule called DNA called life.

What there is literally mountains of evidence for is things like evolution what a human is , descended from that first cell so is that cell , is that first vertebrate, that first worm.

A human is that first cell that is a machine. A human is tens of trillons of cells.

Life began as chemical reactions around 4 billion years ago

2 billion years ago the first eukaryotic cell evolved. Every muscle cell , brain cell , and most others in the body of humans and other animals is a eukaryotic cell. There are thousands of identical chemical processes and machines inside these cell across all species : this alone shows that evolution is true. A brain cell in a human , fish , fly etc are identical.

Evolution_3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Talvikki, Labyrinth and 1 other person
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
From what I can tell, people who say that they think there's non-existence want non-existence. People who want there to be a God believe in God. Suicidal people have to reassure themselves about their deaths after all. When you posted, did you want a certain answer over another one? I want there to be an afterlife, and I think of the data on NDEs and justify that there probably is. Some of my experiences in life feel too much for there to not have been a higher being in play, and if I believe in God, then I believe in afterlife. That being said, I think an organized afterlife that has a judgment system based on human morality is too complex to make any sense.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Adûnâi, Manfrotto99 and 3 others
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I believe we are all eternal spiritual creatures experiencing a brief human experience. We don't believe in death, only life. When life leaves this body and mind behind it'll find a new place in the cosmos.

• Love
Reactions: Let Me Go, sserafim, Adûnâi and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I believe we are all eternal spiritual creatures experiencing a brief human experience. We don't believe in death, only life. When life leaves this body and mind behind it'll find a new place in the cosmos.
I believe that too and I can't wait

• Hugs
Reactions: Let Me Go, sserafim and cosmic_traveler
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
  • Love
AnonymousRobin

AnonymousRobin

little bird fly away
Oct 7, 2022
I personally believe in reincarnation, however that's just desire, if it's nothingness then that also seems blissful

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Something. I don't know what it is, but there's something after death. It can't be non-existence because it literally doesn't exist, it's nothing, you can't experience or perceive it, and it would be over in an instant anyway. I'm lazy/too depressed to write a long new comment on this, so I'll just copy my opimion on this topic from one of my replies from an old thread;

Near death experiences and out of body experiences give us a good idea of what might happen after death. I'm guessing it depends from person to person, that's why every near death experience is different. It makes sense, because it's not like everyone expects the same thing to happen after death.

We don't even know where consciousness comes.
  • We know how each part of the brain works yet we can't locate consciousness anywhere.
  • Children remember past lives.
  • Many people remember something that happend pre-birth.
  • Clinically dead people who had no brain activity were able to tell what was going on around them.
By the way, saying "I don't remember before I was born so it was nothing" is a bad argument because it's not like we remember our birth, yet we know it happend because we are here. We know that babies are conscious as they can smile, laugh, and cry, but their ego (when they begin to like things and dislike things) gets developed during the first three years of their life. So there's a clear difference between consciousness and the ego. I believe consciousness is a fundamental property of the universe like time and matter is.

Nothingness/Non-existence is not an option. "Nothingness" literally doesn't exist, it's NOTHING. Even if nothingness "happens" after we die, it would be over in an instant. Because you can't perceive or experience nothing. And assuming that everything came from nothing and became something, if death leads us back to nothingness, then we would eventually become something again anyway.

So here are the possible options:
  • Reincarnation in this reality.
  • Reincarnation in another reality (the multiverse theory is a well known one).
  • Endless dreams (our dreams prove that we don't require a body to do things).
  • Astral plane (Astral Projection is legit proof).
  • ???
As for heaven and hell, they are definitely fake as they are things made up by humans, so I'm not even going to consider them.

Also, a afterlife doesn't have to do with anything with God. The afterlife would prove that consciousness is immortal, that we are conscious beings in temporary human bodies; not that there's an old magic man in the sky which is absurd.

There are many people who were clinically dead and had no brain activity going on, they were considered dead, but they still experienced an out of body experience during that time where they were able to tell what's going on around them. If consciousness is part of the brain then that wouldn't have been possible because there was no brain activity going on.

Pam Reynolds case:

"Pam Reynolds Lowery (1956 – May 22, 2010), from Atlanta, Georgia, was an American singer-songwriter. In 1991, at the age of 35, she stated that she had a near-death experience (NDE) during a brain operation performed by Robert F. Spetzler at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. Reynolds was under close medical monitoring during the entire operation. During part of the operation she had no brain-wave activity and no blood flowing in her brain, which rendered her clinically dead. She claimed to have made several observations during the procedure which medical personnel reported to be accurate. Within the field of near-death studies and among those who believe in life after death, the case has been cited as well-documented and significant, with many proponents considering it to be evidence of the survival of consciousness after death. Reynolds reported that during the operation she heard a sound like a natural 'D' that seemed to pull her out of her body and allowed her to "float" above the operating room and watch the doctors perform the operation. Reynolds claims that during this time she felt "more aware than normal" and her vision was more focused and clearer than normal vision. She reported seeing the surgical "saw" but said it looked like an electric toothbrush, and this is in fact true. She said she could hear conversations between operating room staff, even though she had earphones in her ears which were making a loud clicking noise many times per second in order to monitor her brain function. At some point during the operation, she says she noticed a presence and was pulled towards a light. She says she began to discern figures in the light, including her grandmother, an uncle, other deceased relatives and people unknown to her. According to Reynolds, the longer she was there, the more she enjoyed it, but at some point she was reminded that she had to go back. She says her uncle brought her back to her body, but she did not want to go, so he pushed her in, and the sensation was like that of jumping into ice water."

There was also a study about 10 patients whose hearts stopped and the ones that had vivid afterlife visions were the ones without brain activity while the ones with brain activity didn't have those experiences. Scientists have no explanation for people who experienced out of body experiences without brain activity going on.

The fact that our conscious awareness continues after death in an environment we call the afterlife was proved by four of the top scientists of their time back in the early 1900s:

Dr. Alfred Russel Wallace (1823-1913) – Co-originator with Charles Darwin of the natural selection theory of evolution: "My position is that the phenomena of communicating with those who crossed over - in their entirety do not require further confirmation. They are proved quite as well as facts are proved in other sciences."

Sir William Barrett (1844-1925) – Professor of physics at the Royal College of Science in Dublin for 37 years, "I'm absolutely convinced of the fact that those who once lived on earth can and do communicate with us. It is hardly possible to convey to the inexperienced an adequate idea of the strength and cumulative force of the evidence (for the afterlife)."

Sir William Crookes (1832-1919) – A physicist and chemist, the most decorated scientist in his time. He discovered the element thallium and was a pioneer in radioactivity. "It is quite true that a connection has been set up between this world and the next."

Sir Oliver Lodge (1851-1940) – Professor of physics at University College in Liverpool, England and later principal at the University of Birmingham, Lodge achieved world fame for his pioneering work in electricity, including the radio and spark plug. "I tell you with all my strength of the conviction which I can muster that we do persist, that people still continue to take an interest in what is going on, that they know far more about things on this earth than we do, and are able from time to time to communicate with us…I do not say it is easy, but it is possible, and I have conversed with my friends just as I can converse with anyone in this audience now."

The afterlife has also been demonstrated by 100 years of experimental research into quantum physics, including the experiments that won the Nobel Prize in 2022.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness." - Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning physicist and the father of quantum theory.

"The atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts." - Werner Heisenberg, winner of the Nobel Prize in physics.

"Observations not only disturb what is to be measured, they produce it." - Pascual Jordan, physicist, early contributor to quantum theory.

This means death cannot end consciousness because consciousness is fundamental and is what causes all of our experiences, including that of having a physical body in a physical world. Consciousness has been demonstrated fundamental, not a secondary effect caused by "matter" and "energy," neither of which exist outside of consciousness.

Consciousness doesn't seem to have physical properties. If consciousness was physical then we would know by now where it is located but we don't. We know what our brain, heart, limbs, and muscles are there for, we can see them, but we can't see consciousness. I believe consciousness is a fundamental property of the universe and is neither physical nor mental.

Interesting enough, the structure of the cosmic web and galaxies are practically the same as the structure of brain cells. Wonder what's that about.

181627_image_9066e-Brain-Universe.jpg

181628_brain-cell-galaxy.jpg

181629_2xlqMvWkT9u10X4chXpb_file.jpg

Then there's also the problem of humanity knowing barely anything about the universe. The universe is so immense in size, seemingly infinite, and earth is just one tiny grain of sand among millions of grains of sand. We don't know why anything exists at all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skele76, sserafim, maidens and 5 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I personally believe in reincarnation, however that's just desire, if it's nothingness then that also seems blissful
I do too. Just hope next time around don't come back with mental illness

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, AnonymousRobin and hibikikyuxx
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
After Death is non-existence forever .

I guess people say that there is a soul so that implies there is a constant you, a constant self and they say that's eternal but a human is a brain and that changes every day. I was something different at age 2, 5, 8 every year. the "me" at age 1, 2, 5 every year no longer exists because that "me"and I today have nothing in common . And the brain changes even during adulthood through learning changing beliefs even way of thinking consiousness changes also . so who is the "Me" the one at 2 months old , the one at 3 years of age who still knew nothing. the one at 5 years old?

So many things like this boggle my mind . that no one talks about or questions anything including that you were something different at these different ages not just physically but mentally. And that previous you no longer exists.

for example most children don't understand Death is permanent before age 6. Only from ages 6 to 10 years do children finally begin to understand that Death is permanent ,universal and inevitable. imo non-human animals have no concept of Death and don't know Death is universal , inevitable and permanent.

There is not one iota of evidence for any afterlife , nor for reincarnation, ghosts, spirits , soul, magic god, gods, angels, devil , supernatural beings etc.

there is not an iota of evidence for any of these theories and stories.

All these stories have things in common. there is no reproducible experimental evidence. All we have is that some human thinks this is real or that they say they saw something.

there is no reproducible experimental evidence. All we have is that some human thinks this is real or that they say they saw something.
And again each begs the question why.why would anyone go through all the trouble to to create life that can suffer such unbearable pain.

the only thing that makes sense is a horrific accident of chaos, a chemical reaction created the molecule called DNA called life.

What there is literally mountains of evidence for is things like evolution what a human is , descended from that first cell so is that cell , is that first vertebrate, that first worm.

A human is that first cell that is a machine. A human is tens of trillons of cells.

Life began as chemical reactions around 4 billion years ago

2 billion years ago the first eukaryotic cell evolved. Every muscle cell , brain cell , and most others in the body of humans and other animals is a eukaryotic cell. There are thousands of identical chemical processes and machines inside these cell across all species : this alone shows that evolution is true. A brain cell in a human , fish , fly etc are identical.

Evolution_3.jpg
Science is very limited. It cannot reach metaphysical phenomena. That doesn't mean that metaphysical claims are invalid. They are only invalid from the scientific point of view

Reactions: sserafim
Cássius

Cássius

Apr 5, 2023
Nothing, we came from nothing and we will return to nothing, it's basically that moment between when they put you in a coma to do some surgery and the moment you wake up, it's like covering one of your eyes and trying to see through the closed eye, what a blind person "sees" is what exists after death.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
Something. I don't know what it is, but there's something after death. It can't be non-existence because it literally doesn't exist, it's nothing, you can't experience or perceive it, and it would be over in an instant anyway. I'm lazy/too depressed to write a long new comment on this, so I'll just copy my opimion on this topic from one of my replies from an old thread;

Near death experiences and out of body experiences give us a good idea of what might happen after death. I'm guessing it depends from person to person, that's why every near death experience is different. It makes sense, because it's not like everyone expects the same thing to happen after death.

We don't even know where consciousness comes.
  • We know how each part of the brain works yet we can't locate consciousness anywhere.
  • Children remember past lives.
  • Many people remember something that happend pre-birth.
  • Clinically dead people who had no brain activity were able to tell what was going on around them.
By the way, saying "I don't remember before I was born so it was nothing" is a bad argument because it's not like we remember our birth, yet we know it happend because we are here. We know that babies are conscious as they can smile, laugh, and cry, but their ego (when they begin to like things and dislike things) gets developed during the first three years of their life. So there's a clear difference between consciousness and the ego. I believe consciousness is a fundamental property of the universe like time and matter is.

Nothingness/Non-existence is not an option. "Nothingness" literally doesn't exist, it's NOTHING. Even if nothingness "happens" after we die, it would be over in an instant. Because you can't perceive or experience nothing. And assuming that everything came from nothing and became something, if death leads us back to nothingness, then we would eventually become something again anyway.

So here are the possible options:
  • Reincarnation in this reality.
  • Reincarnation in another reality (the multiverse theory is a well known one).
  • Endless dreams (our dreams prove that we don't require a body to do things).
  • Astral plane (Astral Projection is legit proof).
  • ???
As for heaven and hell, they are definitely fake as they are things made up by humans, so I'm not even going to consider them.

Also, a afterlife doesn't have to do with anything with God. The afterlife would prove that consciousness is immortal, that we are conscious beings in temporary human bodies; not that there's an old magic man in the sky which is absurd.

There are many people who were clinically dead and had no brain activity going on, they were considered dead, but they still experienced an out of body experience during that time where they were able to tell what's going on around them. If consciousness is part of the brain then that wouldn't have been possible because there was no brain activity going on.

Pam Reynolds case:

"Pam Reynolds Lowery (1956 – May 22, 2010), from Atlanta, Georgia, was an American singer-songwriter. In 1991, at the age of 35, she stated that she had a near-death experience (NDE) during a brain operation performed by Robert F. Spetzler at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. Reynolds was under close medical monitoring during the entire operation. During part of the operation she had no brain-wave activity and no blood flowing in her brain, which rendered her clinically dead. She claimed to have made several observations during the procedure which medical personnel reported to be accurate. Within the field of near-death studies and among those who believe in life after death, the case has been cited as well-documented and significant, with many proponents considering it to be evidence of the survival of consciousness after death. Reynolds reported that during the operation she heard a sound like a natural 'D' that seemed to pull her out of her body and allowed her to "float" above the operating room and watch the doctors perform the operation. Reynolds claims that during this time she felt "more aware than normal" and her vision was more focused and clearer than normal vision. She reported seeing the surgical "saw" but said it looked like an electric toothbrush, and this is in fact true. She said she could hear conversations between operating room staff, even though she had earphones in her ears which were making a loud clicking noise many times per second in order to monitor her brain function. At some point during the operation, she says she noticed a presence and was pulled towards a light. She says she began to discern figures in the light, including her grandmother, an uncle, other deceased relatives and people unknown to her. According to Reynolds, the longer she was there, the more she enjoyed it, but at some point she was reminded that she had to go back. She says her uncle brought her back to her body, but she did not want to go, so he pushed her in, and the sensation was like that of jumping into ice water."

There was also a study about 10 patients whose hearts stopped and the ones that had vivid afterlife visions were the ones without brain activity while the ones with brain activity didn't have those experiences. Scientists have no explanation for people who experienced out of body experiences without brain activity going on.

The fact that our conscious awareness continues after death in an environment we call the afterlife was proved by four of the top scientists of their time back in the early 1900s:

Dr. Alfred Russel Wallace (1823-1913) – Co-originator with Charles Darwin of the natural selection theory of evolution: "My position is that the phenomena of communicating with those who crossed over - in their entirety do not require further confirmation. They are proved quite as well as facts are proved in other sciences."

Sir William Barrett (1844-1925) – Professor of physics at the Royal College of Science in Dublin for 37 years, "I'm absolutely convinced of the fact that those who once lived on earth can and do communicate with us. It is hardly possible to convey to the inexperienced an adequate idea of the strength and cumulative force of the evidence (for the afterlife)."

Sir William Crookes (1832-1919) – A physicist and chemist, the most decorated scientist in his time. He discovered the element thallium and was a pioneer in radioactivity. "It is quite true that a connection has been set up between this world and the next."

Sir Oliver Lodge (1851-1940) – Professor of physics at University College in Liverpool, England and later principal at the University of Birmingham, Lodge achieved world fame for his pioneering work in electricity, including the radio and spark plug. "I tell you with all my strength of the conviction which I can muster that we do persist, that people still continue to take an interest in what is going on, that they know far more about things on this earth than we do, and are able from time to time to communicate with us…I do not say it is easy, but it is possible, and I have conversed with my friends just as I can converse with anyone in this audience now."

The afterlife has also been demonstrated by 100 years of experimental research into quantum physics, including the experiments that won the Nobel Prize in 2022.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness." - Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning physicist and the father of quantum theory.

"The atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts." - Werner Heisenberg, winner of the Nobel Prize in physics.

"Observations not only disturb what is to be measured, they produce it." - Pascual Jordan, physicist, early contributor to quantum theory.

This means death cannot end consciousness because consciousness is fundamental and is what causes all of our experiences, including that of having a physical body in a physical world. Consciousness has been demonstrated fundamental, not a secondary effect caused by "matter" and "energy," neither of which exist outside of consciousness.

Consciousness doesn't seem to have physical properties. If consciousness was physical then we would know by now where it is located but we don't. We know what our brain, heart, limbs, and muscles are there for, we can see them, but we can't see consciousness. I believe consciousness is a fundamental property of the universe and is neither physical nor mental.

Interesting enough, the structure of the cosmic web and galaxies are practically the same as the structure of brain cells. Wonder what's that about.

181627_image_9066e-Brain-Universe.jpg

181628_brain-cell-galaxy.jpg

181629_2xlqMvWkT9u10X4chXpb_file.jpg

Then there's also the problem of humanity knowing barely anything about the universe. The universe is so immense in size, seemingly infinite, and earth is just one tiny grain of sand among millions of grains of sand. We don't know why anything exists at all.
I think you would enjoy the Surviving Death series on Netflix. Your speaking the same language, they reference Pam Reynolds as well. Thank you for the detailed information. Be well on your journey.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and hibikikyuxx
stealthystealth

stealthystealth

Dec 21, 2023
I think it's a long blissful sleep. I'm not religious but I think the feeling of death is like a warm familiar bed. A warm hug. Then that slowly fades to nothing, just like before we were here. Until eventually one day perhaps our universe repeats itself and we become once more. That is if the theory that the universe continuously expands and collapses on itself is true.

evanave

evanave

love you guys <3
Dec 5, 2023
I'm not religious but also like to believe there is some place we could call heaven. I used to want to reincarnate when I was younger but no matter who or what I would reincarnate as I still couldn't escape the pain life gives. I like to imagine the haven thing as some field on a sunny day where I get to play with my dog who is probably waiting for me. We're both healthy and carefree, experiencing this bizarre feeling of happiness until it all fades away into non-existence. A "happy ending" of some sort- we would just peacefully disappear. This personal heaven makes death more inviting, something that we shouldn't be scared of because it will hurt only for a short while, a good thing I should look forward to and make sure the day I end it all will be perfect, not a deadline that I should worry about. This makes me feel a bt beter.
I as well believe there's a heaven. I was raised in a Catholic household, and yes, i know how that sounds. But my parents well religious and very lenient. They were so respectful of everyone. It's sad to have to leave them. I really hope there is something. I'd love to meet everyone one i've talked to on here <3

J

jackrussell023

Oct 31, 2023
I think you would enjoy the Surviving Death series on Netflix. Your speaking the same language, they reference Pam Reynolds as well. Thank you for the detailed information. Be well on your journey.
Nice recommendation. I'll have a look.

I used to be religious for a bit, but no longer and fall on the side of we are just organic beings that on death cease to exist.

How is that any different to animals. When we slaughter a lamb or cow for food, do they have an identity that continues - I just don't think so.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
Nice recommendation. I'll have a look.

I used to be religious for a bit, but no longer and fall on the side of we are just organic beings that on death cease to exist.

How is that any different to animals. When we slaughter a lamb or cow for food, do they have an identity that continues - I just don't think so.
Our memories are imprinted on each other. Humans are copy cats, when they admire someone they try to emulate them. Same in reverse, when someone commits an act we disagree with we try to distance ourselves from them. The people you've shared memories with will always carry your legacy and continue to spread your admirable traits.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and 0000000000000
J

jackrussell023

Oct 31, 2023
Our memories are imprinted on each other. Humans are copy cats, when they admire someone they try to emulate them. Same in reverse, when someone commits an act we disagree with we try to distance ourselves from them. The people you've shared memories with will always carry your legacy and continue to spread your admirable traits.
Sure, but that doesn't mean we actually continue to exist other than in people's memories.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
Sure, but that doesn't mean we actually continue to exist other than in people's memories.
Correct. This version of us stops existing because there will be no life in the mind or body.

We believe in reincarnation, so we think your energy, frequency, spirit, whatever, goes into something else. Sometimes children have memories of a past life, so I think it's not impossible.

throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
same as what happened before birth, nothing.

Reactions: sserafim and eLdus

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
I don't know what will happen but i wish it is what each person wants; be it peace, a better life, eternal rest, anything else.

The important thing is that we find ourselves in a better state than this current life that has given us so much suffering.

I'm open to any possibility, that includes the possibility of all of the above options being fulfilled at the same time.

To assert something as if it were absolute doesn't seem right to me because there are infinities of things we don't know. I mean, we barely know this observable universe and all the things that constitute it.

I don't know where i had read this but i saw that some time in the past it was thought by some that only the Milky Way existed. If the expansion of this universe continues to accelerate, there will come a point where (if i remember correctly) other structures in the cosmos will become so distant from the local group of galaxies that it will be extremely difficult to access them. Perhaps the humans of the future (if they have not become extinct before) will think that only the local group of galaxies exists because the rest of the structures of the cosmos will not even be visible with telescopes.

With this example my point is that maybe there are crazy things out there like very exotic universes that nowadays humans on this planet would consider ridiculous or even there could be 'multiple multiverses', something like cumulus of universes separated from each other or any other thing. People could think they don't exist because they are extremely difficult to access and since they have not been able to access them, they come to the conclusion that only 'this' exists.

Maybe that could explain an infinity paradox: why haven't we been visited by someone from another universe in the case that there are an infinite number of universes and probably an infinite number of 'people' traveling between them? Well maybe because there are multiple multiverses that don't interact with each other because they are separated in some way.

Maybe our multiverse is the 'boring' one so to speak and that's why we don't have travelers, i don't know, haha.

'The infinite hotel' tries to explain in part how the concept of infinity works and how there are 'multiple infinities' (at least in numbers).

Maybe i let my imagination run a little wild? :ahhha:

Last edited:
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, sserafim and Manfrotto99
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
Nothing
Nothing

Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Just anything but this is totally fine with me.