N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I live in Germany though the USA have a huge impact on my life. But the end of the cultural hegemony is near maybe the line is already crossed. Asia becomes more and more powerful. I ask myself in how many years Chinese language becomes widespread. Though due to its difficultly maybe the main lingua franca will remain English. Personally I don't have the stamina to learn Chinese I am too old for that shit. (Sorry not in an offensive sense it is just really intricate) I think the English language is easier to learn for many people in Western countries. I use the English language daily and it enables many options. Especially on the internet.

My favorite artists come from the US. Many of my favorite TV-shows either. Or they steal ideas from other countries. (many comedy shows do that. The US hosts are often role models.) So many TV-shows are syndicated from the US. I don't watch TV anymore but when I was a teenager some channels could not have existed without US-American TV shows.

Often the activities which happen in the US are a warning for my country. It is like a gaze in the future. Not always but this applies to many developments. The USA are a trendsetter. For example polarization, the me-too movement, activist groups from certain minorities etc. As I said this does not apply to all developments. For example the political system fuels the polarization in the US some countries have system with less polarization. There are differences.

So many tech-companies come from the US. A life without them would be uninmaginable in my country. Though as we see with Tiktok Asian countries are coming closer.

Personally I like the globalisation but I don't romanticize it. It has to be a globalisation in which all people benefit from it not only the elites. I think my country benefits a lot from globalisation maybe I am biased. There are some critical changes for example due to the trade-wars or supply-chain crises. Many countries are tired of war.

There are probably positive and negative influences from American hegemony. I would miss US-music so much. I only listen to English music.

Are you glad US-hegemony comes to an end? Personally I think it might be dangerous that non-democratic countries will gain a lot of power. I mean I don't trust google or facebook concerning privacy/data but I am even more sceptical about TikTok. Not sure what to think of telegram.

What is your opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: whatevs
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
It's a good thing not to have the US department of state control everything you see
But I don't think China replacing them is good.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I do not think there is a cultural hegemony if the US in Europe. We really do not have a cancel or a woke culture here, which is good thing thanks god. yes we have a bit of us culture in movies and tv series but that is really superficial IMO.

the real hegemony is in the military field, NATO will not fuck off soon enough, so we all have to buy some toys from the US to make them happy, and the EU has to follow nato (meaning the US) in crap like the current ukraine situation.

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I do not think there is a cultural hegemony if the US in Europe. We really do not have a cancel or a woke culture here, which is good thing thanks god. yes we have a bit of us culture in movies and tv series but that is really superficial IMO.

the real hegemony is in the military field, NATO will not fuck off soon enough, so we all have to buy some toys from the US to make them happy, and the EU has to follow nato (meaning the US) in crap like the current ukraine situation.
Not to get too into politics, but why wouldn't someone in Europe care about Ukraine? If Russia were to conquer them, I would be scared of who they wanted to target next. But maybe that's a bit silly to think.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Not to get too into politics, but why wouldn't someone in Europe care about Ukraine? If Russia were to conquer them, I would be scared of who they wanted to target next. But maybe that's a bit silly to think.
I care about ukraine, palestine, Iran, armenia, the countless African countries in daily wars. I just would like to see less ipocrisy. All europe is funding Ukgraine because the US are having yet another proxy war. Russia will invade any other country, they have no army worth of this name and could not sustain any type of war with any EU country. The cold war times are long passed. Are you an US citizen? Because this mentality of "who will be the next" is typically American. Nobody in the EU thinks they could be the next. Well maybe polish but they are paranoid.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I think that there's nothing to replace it with, and that's kind of very fucking strange. What's coming from China, India or Russia in terms of culture? Off the top of my head only Japan has had worldwide success marketing their way of life with media (anime) apart from the US.

This is all due to Anglo-Zionism becoming the dominant force in the 20th century. The German Package for The Revival of The Western World had... some issues, as everybody knows. Small issues like genocide and murdering millions of Europeans. We Iberians had a better package IMO, going back to when we had an Empire of sorts and what could have been later. Unlike the Anglos we didn't try to genocide or marginalize natives that much, we mixed with them and gave them our culture.

If y'all had let us Iberian folk become the top dogs (consider all the countries that would back up us in South America) perhaps things would've been different. Now Spain and Portugal are nothing and the world is going to enter a blood-thirsty phase. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I care about ukraine, palestine, Iran, armenia, the countless African countries in daily wars. I just would like to see less ipocrisy. All europe is funding Ukgraine because the US are having yet another proxy war. Russia will invade any other country, they have no army worth of this name and could not sustain any type of war with any EU country. The cold war times are long passed. Are you an US citizen? Because this mentality of "who will be the next" is typically American. Nobody in the EU thinks they could be the next. Well maybe polish but they are paranoid.
Yes, I'm american. Maybe the "domino theory" is not a thing in Europe. Yeah, I was thinking it is most likely with Poland but realistically it doesn't make much sense.
American propaganda I guess.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I don't really see Chinese culture getting that much traction. I mean yes, China is a very powerful country, it is very influential economically, we all own a ton of chinese goods. But I don't think it has any interest in replacing USA as the "cultural hegemony". I do not notice any particularly prominent Chinese influences in any media that would spread worldwide. Korean culture has been on a rise lately, just like Japanese culture that was everywhere about a decade ago, but these things come and go, it's more of a trend than a precursor of a change in global culture.
I think the most realistic scenario where the cultural hegemony of US ends soon would be the one where the whole modern culture collapses because nukes plunge us into a dark age. Not a particularly happy thought.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't really see Chinese culture getting that much traction. I mean yes, China is a very powerful country, it is very influential economically, we all own a ton of chinese goods. But I don't think it has any interest in replacing USA as the "cultural hegemony". I do not notice any particularly prominent Chinese influences in any media that would spread worldwide. Korean culture has been on a rise lately, just like Japanese culture that was everywhere about a decade ago, but these things come and go, it's more of a trend than a precursor of a change in global culture.
I think the most realistic scenario where the cultural hegemony of US ends soon would be the one where the whole modern culture collapses because nukes plunge us into a dark age. Not a particularly happy thought.
I think you make a good point. China does not seem to have the interest to export their belief system contrary to the US. As we know this costs a lot of money. But with the belt and road initiative we see they have at least some interest to profit economically from other countries.

I am not sure what will replace the US hegenomy.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog