Reactions: Circles

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Cher's still gonna be performing as a robot

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Hot, more wars especially over water, rich people living out in space stations while everyone else lives on an overpopulated ruined planet kinda like the movie Elysium, suicide rates skyrocket out of control, etc.

In other words just more bad pointless shit but hey there sure might be some cool technology atleast.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Checkmate64, Pluto and 1 other person
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Hot, more wars especially over water, rich people living out in space stations while everyone else lives on an overpopulated ruined planet kinda like the movie Elysium, suicide rates skyrocket out of control, etc.

In other words just more bad pointless shit but hey there sure might be some cool technology atleast.
No positives?

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Picture this... A solar flare strikes the earth, and we're all frozen in time. Entombed in a glass marble tighter than Han Solo's Sack.

HanPopcicle

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
No positives?
Besides maybe the technology or maybe human longevity which I think is a curse I'm sure the average person by then couldn't afford any of the cool technology so no, no positives. I'm pessimistic about the future in general.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Besides maybe the technology or maybe human longevity which I think is a curse I'm sure the average person by then couldn't afford any of the cool technology so no, no positives. I'm pessimistic about the future in general.
Why would they enable longevity when we're overpopulated?

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Why would they enable longevity when we're overpopulated?
You said any possible positives so I just mention something on the top of my head. I don't know maybe the longevity will only be for rich people.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
You said any possible positives so I just mention something on the top of my head. I don't know maybe the longevity will only be for rich people.
What will 2050 be like?

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
What will 2050 be like?
I don't have a crystal ball but maybe there will be a major war between global powers such as U.S. vs China or something. Things are heating up geopolitical especially with the whole Russian invasion of Ukraine and there's no telling what can result from that. In my opinion things are only going to get worse. Politics will become ever more divided in western countries as governments adopt more draconian laws and become even more corrupt and powerful especially how they'll use new technology to control the population from revolting. Hell 2050 is only 28 years away.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I don't have a crystal ball but maybe there will be a major war between global powers such as U.S. vs China or something. Things are heating up geopolitical especially with the whole Russian invasion of Ukraine and there's no telling what can result from that. In my opinion things are only going to get worse. Politics will become ever more divided in western countries as governments adopt more draconian laws and become even more corrupt and powerful especially how they'll use new technology to control the population from revolting. Hell 2050 is only 28 years away.
Do you think there will ever be a good era again? Why/why not?

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Do you think there will ever be a good era again? Why/why not?
Times will change and what will be considered a good era by then might not be considered one to us living now. In my opinion no. Not if humans don't get their shit together especially with global warming, rise of totalitarian states, mass extinctions, etc. Like after the dust settles if humans don't go extinct or something I'm sure there will be a peaceful time where people will be grateful for compared to the past. But I think you mean if there will be anything better than the time we live in now and honestly I don't even know what that could consist of. What do you want to see happen positively then?

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Times will change and what will be considered a good era by then might not be considered one to us living now. In my opinion no. Not if humans don't get their shit together especially with global warming, rise of totalitarian states, mass extinctions, etc. Like after the dust settles if humans don't go extinct or something I'm sure there will be a peaceful time where people will be grateful for compared to the past. But I think you mean if there will be anything better than the time we live in now and honestly I don't even know what that could consist of. What do you want to see happen positively then?
Where technology is simplified and not extravagant. Where nature is returned to like before the industrial revolution. Where the population is much lower.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Some people will sit around a campfire in a barren wasteland, and then one person asks the others "Do you remember that there used to be a society, and there was peace instead of war...?", and then they will reminisce about the left-overs of technology and other amenities that they used to have many years prior.

fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
Nothing. World population will probably be counted in tenths of millions. Mostly living in Africa, India and China. No oil left, majority of buildings will start to fall apart creating interesting environments for birds and mammals.

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Very bad.

Reactions: xrosex
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Soilent Green

Fuckin autocorrect :angry:

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Wars become more frequent and on a larger scale, possibly involving low-yield nukes. The most major wars will be fought over water supply and oil reserves as their prices spike. If major nations start building space infrastructure, chances are they might go to war over who gets to mine the Helium-3 on the moon. A colony might be established on Mars, but I doubt it will become self-sufficient quickly, so once WW3 happens on Earth, they're fucked too.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I don't predict there to be human life on Earth in 2100.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and fox_wannabe