• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

captainhook

captainhook

Aug 2, 2023
I remembered recently a documentary I watched when I was a kid, focused on Robin Williams. He had hung himself with a belt and a door? (Door knob??) I've always wondered how he did it (sorry if I sound stupid I just don't know much yet and I haven't really gone deep enough into the peaceful pill book to know if it's in there or not maybe) Does anyone know how it works or if it's any good? I know that having a belt is very easy access at home and a door is as well. Again sorry if I sound stupid, just pure curiosity I hope by asking I learn a little something you know? Anyways thanks to all for reading ♥

(Also respect to Robin Williams, his performance in the Peter Pan film was outstanding and Mrs. Doubtfire was one of the best childhood movies I had ever watched when I was 7, rest in peace💔)

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Please search the threads. There is a lot of information in them.
You could also take a belt, go to a door and see how you could make it work. The process is fairly simple.

captainhook

captainhook

Aug 2, 2023
You could also take a belt, go to a door and see how you could make it work. The process is fairly simple.
I posted here to hear more about the method. I just want to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on it as a whole, rather than just only on how to do the method. I know there's two ways that it could be done with, but I'd love to know which one is more guaranteed, I also wanted to see if people had any ideas that could be more successful in regards to doing it, maybe new ways. I don't understand the method very well, so the process isn't "fairly simple" to me, I don't want to take a belt and just do it? Sorry if I offended you or anything... I will try to read up more as I am new to the site, but your post kind of sounds like you're telling me to experiment by trying to kill myself?... Maybe I'm taking it wrong but it feels a little off? I'm sorry if I upset you for not being so caught up, again I am new and will try my best to read up.

Last edited:
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It all comes down to your level of commitment. It is too easy to stand and escape. Those that succeed need to power through SI.

Reactions: captainhook
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
They only have 12 posts, probably don't have search function, yet.
Does anyone know how it works or if it's any good?
I don't know for certain, but going by what you said regarding using a belt and door, or doorknob, he probably used partial hanging as his method. It's hard for me to picture how he would have done it exactly. Another example I can give would be someone who ties a rope around their neck, fastens the other end to a clothes rod in a closet, and simply leans forward. Partial differs from full hanging in that in full hanging, all of your body weight is supported by the rope, or whatever one uses.

As far as Williams, I find it difficult to visualize a belt wrapped around his neck and also, somehow, around a doorknob, and just "sitting down" to put pressure against his carotid arteries. Maybe he was able to fasten one end of the belt up higher on the door, with the other end secured around his neck, and then just use his own weight to achieve the necessary pressure. Sort of just "hanging" there, but not full hanging. I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: hopeisdead and captainhook
captainhook

captainhook

Aug 2, 2023
They only have 12 posts, probably don't have search function, yet.

I don't know for certain, but going by what you said regarding using a belt and door, or doorknob, he probably used partial hanging as his method. It's hard for me to picture how he would have done it exactly. Another example I can give would be someone who ties a rope around their neck, fastens the other end to a clothes rod in a closet, and simply leans forward. Partial differs from full hanging in that in full hanging, all of your body weight is supported by the rope, or whatever one uses.

As far as Williams, I find it difficult to visualize a belt wrapped around his neck and also, somehow, around a doorknob, and just "sitting down" to put pressure against his carotid arteries. Maybe he was able to fasten one end of the belt up higher on the door, with the other end secured around his neck, and then just use his own weight to achieve the necessary pressure. Sort of just "hanging" there, but not full hanging. I don't know.
I think in the documentary it specified that he wrapped the belt to the door knob specifically, but looking online everywhere now I can't find anything in regards to it, only just a brief summary of "asphyxia due to hanging". Most even focus just more on the fact that he had Lewy body dementia, saying more of his motif than rather what happened. But I swear I remember that part of the door knob because that was what confused me as a kid. I had to watch it in the fourth grade and it's been ages since then, but I remember that I even had a nightmare where I hung myself by rapping a belt around a knob, pulling/tugging myself away from the door in an attempt to kill myself? I had my heels at the door while my body was pulling forward sort of at a 45°. Unrealistic, probably? But then again it was more about frustration than killing myself from what I could remember. I seemed angry and I think that's why, it was more about the tugging myself away and squeezing the belt as much as possible while angry. Point is, I don't think that's how its supposed to go? Idk.. I can't really access much on here since I'm still new but.. who knows?.. I'll see if I can find out soon.

Anyways thank you for the information ♥ I'm not sure how strong closet clothes rod are in order to handle such a thing but I think mine would fly out with me LOL

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Yes partial can be achieved by sitting or even literally lying down, but most won't be as fortunate as Williams. You have to defeat SI and SI can defeat you. Most partials fail, period. Complete hanging is the sensible option. SI won't affect an outcome and you can't escape. It's a one way ticket if you plan correctly. One step up from that is how Benoit hanged himself (on his lat machine) and the long drop (capital punishment).

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I just can't get my head around how he did it. I can only imagine he must have passed out fairly soon. I would have thought SI would make you stand up to stop the strangulation. He must have been very determined. I think he was though. He had tried to cut his wrist just before I believe. Poor guy.

Again- it's terrible that assisted suicide isn't available worldwide. I suspect he was terrified of what Lewy Body Dementia would do to him in the end. Who wouldn't want to spare themselves going through that?

I can't really get my head around the mechanics of it either. I read somewhere that he had trapped the buckle or something between the door and door frame- at the top presumably. You'd need to Google it though. I don't really remember.

I really don't know how successful partial hanging is. I've seen a lot of failures here with a lot of sore throats. If I'm honest, I can't think of a single success here for this method. Still- it's not my method- so- I haven't been paying enough attention- maybe people have succeeded with it. It obviously can work. I imagine the majority of desperate suicides in jail, hospitals etc. would probably be partial.

RIP Robin Williams.💙

Reactions: CW36 and captainhook
captainhook

captainhook

Aug 2, 2023
Yes partial can be achieved by sitting or even literally lying down, but most won't be as fortunate as Williams. You have to defeat SI and SI can defeat you. Most partials fail, period. Complete hanging is the sensible option. SI won't affect an outcome and you can't escape. It's a one way ticket if you plan correctly. One step up from that is how Benoit hanged himself (on his lat machine) and the long drop (capital punishment).
I always thought it would be a little easier... I have been strangled before and was told to tap out when I couldn't take it anymore, I fainted on a box of tomatoes LOL but... I always imagined that in asphyxiation, one would pass out really before even being able to struggle out. With a belt sounds a lot easier than a body I could pull away from, I fainted before I could even tap out to begin with... So a belt that's stuck around your neck? I mean if that part is tight even if you stand up I think you'll be too lightheaded with the belt, as it says on google "Prolonged compression of the larynx impairs the exchange of gases and causes asphyxia" so really a tight belt will probably stop you from struggling, or maybe that's my experience? Who knows.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Lol that's a unique story. Exactly, who knows. We'll never get the details. All I can say is his choice was a little unconventional and he either an iron will or get got damn lucky. If anyone deserved to succeed, it was that genius. And yes, some people pass out before they know it, but most don't. However, those seconds they're conscious, they're confused and don't know what the fucks happening, so it doesn't mean they can stop anything either.

TorturedSoul999

TorturedSoul999

Aug 11, 2023
Rest in piece to Robin Williams.. still can't believe he is gone. Surprised that was the method he chose

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I had my heels at the door while my body was pulling forward sort of at a 45°. Unrealistic, probably?
I had a cousin, a cousin by marriage, that I really didn't know well. He successfully partial-hanged himself by tying a rope around a clothing rod in a closet, the other end around his neck, and simply leaning forward, perhaps at 45° as you suggest. Using a door knob, though, it just seems like he would have had to been on his knees, or something. Seems a lot more difficult, but whatever he did, it obviously worked.

front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023

sitting or even literally lying down

Can you explain