Reactions: Circles, waitingforrest, Sleepdrifter and 1 other person
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Use your words

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Permanent mass unemployment due to automation.

• Wow
Reactions: Hollowman, Circles, Journeytoletgo and 4 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Permanent mass unemployment due to automation.

But someone has to manage the automation, create new processes for automations, and secure automations from cyber threats. Not enough smart people in the world to do automation on a mass scale.

• Informative
Reactions: Circles and lofticries
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
But someone has to manage the automation, create new processes for automations, and secure automations from cyber threats. Not enough smart people in the world to do automation on a mass scale.
So upheaval by the low iq horde?

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
The more AI advances, the less human brainpower will be needed. You'll still need some, but I agree automation is going to continue to chew away at the working, then middle class. At some point universal basic income will be needed. Unless we blow ourselves up first…

Reactions: Circles and MellowAvenue
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The more AI advances, the less human brainpower will be needed. You'll still need some, but I agree automation is going to continue to chew away at the working, then middle class. At some point universal basic income will be needed. Unless we blow ourselves up first…
Russia will nuke us. One tv person from over there said "We all die someday." It looks like we just have to wait. No need to fight SI

Reactions: Hollowman, eLdus, MellowAvenue and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Techno narcissist fantasies about human progress will continue to burst

Ray kurzweil will die if he isn't dead already

Probably about a quarter to a third of countries will be failed states

The South African Rand will go to zero if it didn't already

Top countries still USA and China

Hype about india as a major power will burst as it gets wrecked by climate

Idiocracy continues as more of the smarts opt out of reproduction whether by choice or due to financial stress of supporting the dumbs via taxation

Real estate in major coastal mega cities will start to plunge and people will start doing more "back to the land"

People increasingly ignore authorities of all kinds , social cohesion erodes globally

Coal, oil, and gas go nowhere and are still a major part of the world energy system if it's even still functional

Birth rates fall faster than anyone expected (good evidence this is already happening )

Nothing like the farce concept of "net zero" will occur during this decade and very unlikely to happen thereafter

Commodity prices will remain elevated

Race will start to be much less of a deal in the USA with one caveat I could see hostility to Chinese immigration which was not a part of the lived experience for those of us born in the 90s, no one really cared about China then during the Pax Americana times. In europe racial issues could get much worse given the Islamic component of migration which tends to be very destabilizing.

We will see several typhoons in this decade that put Katrina or harvey to shame in terms of economic damage

Increasing LGBT acceptance globally except in Middle East , Middle East is going to keep being the shithole it always has been for very simple reasons including foreign interference

Aliens won't be found or find us

Traditional family continues to erode because the millennial age group can't afford to start them and also more of them are waking up to the fact it's not the best idea 💡

We may see the total implosion of the Philippines as a functioning country and unified political entity

Japan will be forced to open its doors to migrant hordes and its location as one of the few tolerable countries to live will end gradually

There will be many more "Edward snowdens" and not just from the US

US may invade Venezuela for oil but staging a pretext for this will be very rough

Canadian tar sands still in production

US may consider going after the oil shale out west given the market price

Fantasies about "inclusive globalization" will not be realized. It will still be a global apartheid system where the rich go and do whatever they want while the global poor are trafficked and exploited across borders

Cancer won't be cured

There will be a lot of last laughs had in this decade by the preppers , maybe not in the context of a global implosion but locally many preppers will be having "I told you so" moments

Christianity will go virtually extinct in Europe

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DynamicDepression, lofticries and MellowAvenue
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I'm betting all my money on complete collapse of human civilization.

• Love
Reactions: eLdus, deleted, MellowAvenue and 2 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I'm betting all my money on complete collapse of human civilization.

You're betting right

Signed a retired US government contractor with knowledge of the issues involved

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: MellowAvenue, Al Cappella and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Techno narcissist fantasies about human progress will continue to burst

Ray kurzweil will die if he isn't dead already

Probably about a quarter to a third of countries will be failed states

The South African Rand will go to zero if it didn't already

Top countries still USA and China

Hype about india as a major power will burst as it gets wrecked by climate

Idiocracy continues as more of the smarts opt out of reproduction whether by choice or due to financial stress of supporting the dumbs via taxation

Real estate in major coastal mega cities will start to plunge and people will start doing more "back to the land"

People increasingly ignore authorities of all kinds , social cohesion erodes globally

Coal, oil, and gas go nowhere and are still a major part of the world energy system if it's even still functional

Birth rates fall faster than anyone expected (good evidence this is already happening )

Nothing like the farce concept of "net zero" will occur during this decade and very unlikely to happen thereafter

Commodity prices will remain elevated

Race will start to be much less of a deal in the USA with one caveat I could see hostility to Chinese immigration which was not a part of the lived experience for those of us born in the 90s, no one really cared about China then during the Pax Americana times. In europe racial issues could get much worse given the Islamic component of migration which tends to be very destabilizing.

We will see several typhoons in this decade that put Katrina or harvey to shame in terms of economic damage

Increasing LGBT acceptance globally except in Middle East , Middle East is going to keep being the shithole it always has been for very simple reasons including foreign interference

Aliens won't be found or find us

Traditional family continues to erode because the millennial age group can't afford to start them and also more of them are waking up to the fact it's not the best idea 💡

We may see the total implosion of the Philippines as a functioning country and unified political entity

Japan will be forced to open its doors to migrant hordes and its location as one of the few tolerable countries to live will end gradually

There will be many more "Edward snowdens" and not just from the US

US may invade Venezuela for oil but staging a pretext for this will be very rough

Canadian tar sands still in production

US may consider going after the oil shale out west given the market price

Fantasies about "inclusive globalization" will not be realized. It will still be a global apartheid system where the rich go and do whatever they want while the global poor are trafficked and exploited across borders

Cancer won't be cured

There will be a lot of last laughs had in this decade by the preppers , maybe not in the context of a global implosion but locally many preppers will be having "I told you so" moments

Christianity will go virtually extinct in Europe
I can only get so erect!

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
"Ow, My Balls!" broadcasting live 24/7, and Brawndo on tap. It's got electrolytes.

Owmyballs

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Symbiote and MellowAvenue
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
The Apocalypse Virus, the Lost Christmas, the rise of GHQ, and the formation of the Funeral Parlor.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The Apocalypse Virus, the Lost Christmas, the rise of GHQ, and the formation of the Funeral Parlor.
I want to work in a funeral home. But I don't want to do the embalming, etc

Reactions: MellowAvenue
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Some things will get worse, some things will get better, and overall it will be just like how it's always been: awful.

Reactions: MellowAvenue and Weebster
F

fisbp

Apr 28, 2022
Unemployment would increase because of AI

Reactions: MellowAvenue and Weebster
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
One piece ending unless oda gets tempted to milk his manga more for that bag.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Nothing good.

Reactions: SuicidallyCurious