Dec 27, 2019
Whatever I do, it doesn't help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, LegaliseIt!, Skathon and 2 others
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
I think of how it would be like to leave. And that I need not stick around for anymore BS if I want to go away...

Reactions: mesohappy and hatelife
Terminally drunk

Terminally drunk

Student
Aug 29, 2018
Been playing "the isle" lately. Its good anti depression.

Reactions: TheBigBurden
H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
maladaptive daydream sometiimes helps, imagine that I will be somebody else when I die, somebody I want to be :)

Reactions: Backwood_tilt, DeadDumbDream and crybaby
porfin1234

porfin1234

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Usually try to talk to someone.
But need to isolate more. I can't do half in half out anymore. I need to commit.

Smashingairwaves

Smashingairwaves

misery factory
Nov 15, 2018
Listen to music and cry

• Hugs
Reactions: Backwood_tilt, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and SnowWhite
SnowWhite

SnowWhite

Semi-Professional Disappointment
Jan 16, 2020
Drink, get high or force myself to go out with old friends. Anything that distracts my thinking for a short while

Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Drive. Afterwards get into bed to get at least a few hours sleep before work and all the while contemplating suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Fill myself up by buying shit I don't need and can't afford.

Reactions: TheBigBurden and Woodnote
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
eat to fill the emptiness.

or probably listen to sad music that connects with the and emptiness i feel.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I usually come here.

I find the outpouring of pain on this forum soothing, as it resonates with my own suffering. It makes me feel slightly less lonely.

We are like an army, walking elbow to elbow against a ruthless enemy. It's a battle we cannot win, but at least we march together. There's comfort to be found in that.

Reactions: TheBigBurden and DeadDumbDream
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I self medicate with sex, drugs, internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwood_tilt
Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
I try to feel something. Listening to music is one of the only things that can do it for me without taking illegal substances to be honest.

Everyone is different though.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Read stories

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
HorribleFeelings1

HorribleFeelings1

Its a hard knock life
Jan 18, 2020
I go back to finding suicide methods and I go on this site

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I self medicate with sex, drugs, internet.

(my apologiez to the op for going off topic)

Hey @Final Escape

I haven't seen you for a while. How are you? How is that cute ginger cat of yours?

1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
kind of just exist

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, HorribleFeelings1 and Defenestrator
George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
i self harm when i feel empty, and also listen to music and drink alcohol

• Hugs
Reactions: Defenestrator
Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
i self harm when i feel empty, and also listen to music and drink alcohol
I don't want to derail the thread, but I've noticed there are two main camps for self harm. You say you do it to feel something, for me I do it to stop me from melting down emotionally when I can't cope with it.
I wonder why that is?

George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
I don't want to derail the thread, but I've noticed there are two main camps for self harm. You say you do it to feel something, for me I do it to stop me from melting down emotionally when I can't cope with it.
I wonder why that is?
I'm not sure really, i think personally i do it for several reasons. As a distraction, the very act causes obvious pain which is a distraction but then having to clean up the mess is a distraction. Sometimes I have strong pent up feelings of anger or mental pain which can only be released through self harm. Other times it's punishment, I deserve to be hurt.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Defenestrator and Backwood_tilt
MachinaArcana

MachinaArcana

Jan 18, 2020
Cut

I cut. Some marks disappear after a while, some need stitches.
And I listen to a lot of Bach.

George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
I can't cut my arms anymore as I wear a uniform for work and have to have bare arms so I cut my legs instead. No one knows I still do it, I started at 15 and am 38 now!

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb
HorribleFeelings1

HorribleFeelings1

Its a hard knock life
Jan 18, 2020
I can't cut my arms anymore as I wear a uniform for work and have to have bare arms so I cut my legs instead. No one knows I still do it, I started at 15 and am 38 now!
I got caught by my whole family with my cuts but I made the biggest lie ever which was a cat scratched me and with the help of my friend who didn't even know what was happening, I fooled everyone, so I now can have my cuts showing around my house

George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
I got caught by my whole family with my cuts but I made the biggest lie ever which was a cat scratched me and with the help of my friend who didn't even know what was happening, I fooled everyone, so I now can have my cuts showing around my house
ah yes, I've had to be creative with answers sometimes! can't get away with it anymore though, it's too obvious. Would much prefer to cut my arm though as for some reason it's more satisfying (maybe because it's closer than your leg) but hey ho needs must. Haven't needed stitches but last few have been deeper and can see yellow which I think is fat? Sorry if this is a bit grim, don't mean to gross anyone out. it's become so normal to me now I couldn't imagine any other way of coping :I. sending you hugs x

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Used to be drinkin' and smokin'.But I think the alcohol was making things worse,so I've been sober for the last 14 or 15 days.Lately the weathers been nice where I live so I've been trying to force myself out into the sunlight and walk my dog and see other people,say "hi" to the neighbors and what not.I think it's been helping a little..At least it's a temporary distraction.

HorribleFeelings1

HorribleFeelings1

Its a hard knock life
Jan 18, 2020
ah yes, I've had to be creative with answers sometimes! can't get away with it anymore though, it's too obvious. Would much prefer to cut my arm though as for some reason it's more satisfying (maybe because it's closer than your leg) but hey ho needs must. Haven't needed stitches but last few have been deeper and can see yellow which I think is fat? Sorry if this is a bit grim, don't mean to gross anyone out. it's become so normal to me now I couldn't imagine any other way of coping :I. sending you hugs x
The good thing is that I unintentionally made it look like cat scratches so I'm good, and i never see yellow, maybe I'm not cutting deep but I don't think it's fat though , I don't know however