Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Lately, my life has just become staring at the laptop all day. Being on this and some other forums and playing video games. Just half a year ago I was an active, sociable guy with a thriving business, who didn't have enough time in the day to do everything.

Now I wake up, check the messages, play games, eat, chat, nap, and again. Since my stupid surgery, (don't ask me about it) I'm afraid to go out and I've completely lost all will and motivation for everything. Hopes, dreams, and happiness, all flushed down the toilet by a single event. Even most rudimentary tasks like brushing teeth have become a choir. I just can't go on like this.

How does depression or whatever you're dealing with effect your daily life? Are you still functional? What is your routine?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jamie_, madebrief, Élégie and 8 others
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
First of all, that sucks—and I know exactly what it's like. I was pretty much like that all winter, staying in bed way too much, not really feeling anything worth doing, and so on. No job, getting over failed relationship, trying to secure some sort of financing for the future. Spent most of my time on YouTube, watching space/aliens/physics videos—even one's I can't understand. Playing chess online. Eating way too much.

It's not like that quite as much today. I literally force myself to go out, to get myself back in shape—losing the 60lbs of blubber winter piled on. After 5 weeks I'm down 12lbs, and can already run a mile again. It's not fun, it's hard as hell—and really sad/frustrating, because in 2020 I would run half-marathon distances once or twice a week, with a long run of 18-20ish miles. Without getting winded. I hate that I let that go.

So I'm a little more functional, can look after appointments, etc—but that's about it. For now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate, onlyanimalsaregood and newave3
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Most of my day is sleep eat do push-ups pretty much it's hard to find motivation to do anything since basically I've been doing this 6 months been trying to improve tho

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Al_stargate, onlyanimalsaregood and outatime_85
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Lately, my life has just become staring at the laptop all day. Being on this and some other forums and playing video games.
Basically this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate and onlyanimalsaregood
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
My depression fluctuates so much, but it's been really bad the last two months and recently it's been super debilitating. Like you, it's really hard to do simple stuff like brushing teeth and things like that. My room has gotten pretty cluttered too.

Everything takes so much energy to do, I barely even eat these days. I've lost almost 20 pounds in the last few weeks because I just have no appetite.

Now, I lay around for most of the day. I get massive anxiety just being awake, and my thoughts really make things even more miserable, so I'm always trying to go back to sleep.

I'll try to push myself to play games or read, but I can never focus on it for too long.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Al_stargate, onlyanimalsaregood and 1 other person
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
In my life, all I know is negativity. I ruminate every day, which really does not help me, and going back to sleep does not resolve the issues as I am plagued by nightmares.

I use bodyweight squats and burpees just to keep the black dog at bay, but it shows up in my nightmares.

I wake up tired from the twisting and turning and have to force myself to do basic things like showering.

I eat once a day, if that, and I probably don't drink enough water each day.

Everything I do is forced because I really do not have the energy.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I need a routine, and I have no idea how to even begin building one. Right now I spend my days procrastinating. OR reaping the fruits of procrastination.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
T90-Alpha

T90-Alpha

Hopeless
Apr 21, 2022
The only thing i do is watch youtube, or stare at a wall all day
ive gotten tired of playing video games for a while, don't know what to do anymore

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Al_stargate, QuietLake and onlyanimalsaregood
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I need a routine, and I have no idea how to even begin building one. Right now I spend my days procrastinating. OR reaping the fruits of procrastination.
This may be of use.

Upon waking, try to meditate for 5 to 10 minutes.

Then do some push-ups, sit-ups, or even yoga poses.

Eat something light but healthy, drink water and have some tea.

Then start your day.

Also, try journaling some of your adventures, thoughts, how your work day went, etc.

On your off days where you have no work, school, etc., take walks and listen to audio books or your favorite podcast. Also, think about taking voice memos that you can play back and transfer into your journal.

The other thing you can try is making a list of the things you want to accomplish, from easy to hard.
Take however long you need to work through the list.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate, onlyanimalsaregood and Cathy Ames
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Lately, my life has just become staring at the laptop all day. Being on this and some other forums and playing video games. Just half a year ago I was an active, sociable guy with a thriving business, who didn't have enough time in the day to do everything.

Now I wake up, check the messages, play games, eat, chat, nap, and again. Since my stupid surgery, (don't ask me about it) I'm afraid to go out and I've completely lost all will and motivation for everything. Hopes, dreams, and happiness, all flushed down the toilet by a single event. Even most rudimentary tasks like brushing teeth have become a choir. I just can't go on like this.

How does depression or whatever you're dealing with effect your daily life? Are you still functional? What is your routine?
Being there and it's really awful. I was only able to become functional again because I started taking medication. I'm now able to go to work and do the minimum necessary things from day to day even though I'm still depressed.
First of all, that sucks—and I know exactly what it's like. I was pretty much like that all winter, staying in bed way too much, not really feeling anything worth doing, and so on. No job, getting over failed relationship, trying to secure some sort of financing for the future. Spent most of my time on YouTube, watching space/aliens/physics videos—even one's I can't understand. Playing chess online. Eating way too much.

It's not like that quite as much today. I literally force myself to go out, to get myself back in shape—losing the 60lbs of blubber winter piled on. After 5 weeks I'm down 12lbs, and can already run a mile again. It's not fun, it's hard as hell—and really sad/frustrating, because in 2020 I would run half-marathon distances once or twice a week, with a long run of 18-20ish miles. Without getting winded. I hate that I let that go.

So I'm a little more functional, can look after appointments, etc—but that's about it. For now.
You should be proud of yourself, it takes a lot of willpower to be able to do what you did. I'm currently in the same position as you, taking one day at the time. It's really a process.
Most of my day is sleep eat do push-ups pretty much it's hard to find motivation to do anything since basically I've been doing this 6 months been trying to improve tho
I hope things get better for you. It's quite complicated to deal with depression.
My depression fluctuates so much, but it's been really bad the last two months and recently it's been super debilitating. Like you, it's really hard to do simple stuff like brushing teeth and things like that. My room has gotten pretty cluttered too.

Everything takes so much energy to do, I barely even eat these days. I've lost almost 20 pounds in the last few weeks because I just have no appetite.

Now, I lay around for most of the day. I get massive anxiety just being awake, and my thoughts really make things even more miserable, so I'm always trying to go back to sleep.

I'll try to push myself to play games or read, but I can never focus on it for too long.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm always wondering how are you doing. You know you can count on me if you need something.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Al Cappella and Al_stargate
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
sleep, eat, browse discord, browse this site, repeat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just wish that I was not here, and try to pass the time until I fall asleep. I do not do a lot. Each day is very long, empty and depressing. To me, there is no point to living. The thought of suffering until old age is absolutely horrifying. I want the peace that death brings.

• Love
Reactions: madebrief and Al_stargate
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Eat, sleep, play games, watch YouTube, and other boring nonsense.