Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Really - what do you do in order to secure the requisites of life: food, shelter, and so on? I imagine many of us are not in a place where it is easy or even possible to hold down a "job", so have been wondering how others make ends met. Share your story and circumstances. Maybe one of us can learn some protips for "surviving"...but not from me. I'm currently on medical EI which will run out mid-December, hah.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, onlyanimalsaregood, Sick of it all and 3 others
Idkaho2

Idkaho2

Dec 18, 2021
i'd imagine most people here are on unemployment/disability

• Aww..
Reactions: lofticries
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
others.
i went from living with my 'parents', moved in with a guy (my husband). next i plan on moving in with my grandfather followed by moving in with my bf.
tbf i havent exactly been given a chance to get a job. i certainly dont feel any freedom here

lumipallo

lumipallo

Apr 5, 2021
IT. Living off of savings for over a year now.
Since the ideation started my performance tanked. Holding a full-time job in an office is a non-option anymore, the brain fog is overwhelming.
Only option I see is freelancing so I could take breaks whenever I "don't feel so good"™️

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Smart No More
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
what about it, there is none I suffer. That's all. simple.

i'd imagine most people here are on unemployment/disability
No. I could be a living vegetable and still not be availed. That's the reality. Wish I never came here

• Aww..
Reactions: Disappointered and Cathy Ames
vexxed

vexxed

Nov 6, 2022
i work in social services ironically enough, pretty good at helping put things in perspective for others, it helps me feel less worthless too.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, didn't-it-rain, onlyanimalsaregood and 1 other person
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
No. I could be a living vegetable and still not be availed. That's the reality. Wish I never came here
Yeah, there is not a functioning social safety net in the U.S. and that's the way some people WANT it. I think you would have been better cared for in Japan.

Reactions: Disappointered
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
I realize that I am privileged and live under better circumstances, but I will share what I do for financial support. Somehow after withdrawing from benzos and suffering from digestive issues, I have been able to hold my job as a teacher. I have really supportive parents who allowed me to move in with them and make sure I am comfortable living with them. I do not have a rent or house payment, but I do take what would have been the payment and I put it in my savings. I still have bills like food, car, and entertainment. I help my family out with household things, so it is not like I live there for free. My parents have rarely asked me for help with the utility bill, so I guess I save money that way. Originally, I was saving to buy a house, but now I am saving in case I need to take a year off work. I can no longer handle the behavior issues in class with my illness, so I plan on not working next year. However, I found out that I can teach online. It's like part-time work for full-time pay. I will do that next year while working on my health. Again, I realize that not everyone has this opportunity. At first, I couldn't afford to lose my job so I made it work. I think I was able to work because I had done the job for so long that it was like second nature. Upon coming back, that particular class was really well-behaved. However, my body can no longer take flight or fight anxiety, the digestive issues that interfere with teaching, and the symptoms from an unhealthy gut like brain fog, vision issues, and constant migraines.

• Informative
Reactions: Disappointered and onlyanimalsaregood
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
Work and my parents still give me money

Reactions: Disappointered and Celerity