• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fatality

Fatality

Apr 17, 2019
I believe that when we are near death we experience it differently ( when we have brain activity still there ) , because it depends on what our lives were like, how and when we died and who we are as a person but then once we are completely gone, it's nothingness.. and then our bodies just decompose into the ground and become apart of life and that people overcompensate death to have comofrt and reassurance that there's more to it then we'd hope, because of our need of wanting purpose and meaning.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Crematedashes, Circles, Camille Lejeune and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
There are some really good discussions going on in the sticky thread called Afterlife in the off-topic section - come and join us?

Reactions: Egddios and Fatality
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
I believe that when we are near death we experience it differently ( when we have brain activity still there ) , because it depends on what our lives were like, how and when we died and who we are as a person but then once we are completely gone, it's nothingness.. and then our bodies just decompose into the ground and become apart of life and that people overcompensate death to have comofrt and reassurance that there's more to it then we'd hope, because of our need of wanting purpose and meaning.

Except in case of a suicide, our bodies get butchered and spread all over the place. They just have to satisfy their need to dominate people even in death.

Reactions: Camille Lejeune
Fatality

Fatality

Apr 17, 2019
There are some really good discussions going on in the sticky thread called Afterlife in the off-topic section - come and join us?
I'd be willing to,
Except in case of a suicide, our bodies get butchered and spread all over the place. They just have to satisfy their need to dominate people even in death.
?? Hm

Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
I believe that when we are near death we experience it differently ( when we have brain activity still there ) , because it depends on what our lives were like, how and when we died and who we are as a person

NDE are not so common, majority of clinical death survivors report that they experience nothingness. No time, no light, etc.

but then once we are completely gone, it's nothingness.. and then our bodies just decompose into the ground and become apart of life and that people overcompensate death to have comofrt and reassurance that there's more to it then we'd hope, because of our need of wanting purpose and meaning.

Well, for a perspective planet Earth is a living planet. So nothing is wasted. Every molecule that make our bodies will be recycled. Sooner or later life as a process will consume us one way or another. We are part of hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, oxygen cycles here. This will happen after our death. It makes me feel little less useless.

Reactions: Righttodie, Camille Lejeune and Fatality
Fatality

Fatality

Apr 17, 2019
NDE are not so common, majority of clinical death survivors report that they experience nothingness. No time, no light, etc.

Well, for a perspective planet Earth is a living planet. So nothing is wasted. Every molecule that make our bodies will be recycled. Sooner or later life as a process will consume us one way or another. We are part of hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, oxygen cycles here. This will happen after our death. It makes me feel little less useless.
Yes and the fact that when we die we can become soil for new life to grow, make more room for new life to form on earth, and for earth to go through change and because if we lived for ever then food supply would go out so.. I believe we have purpose after death too.

Reactions: Crematedashes
M

Mljonzy

Student
Aug 21, 2018
Nde is probably your brain just trying to make death comfortable for you as your dying i wouldn't believe any stories people say because they didn't actually die just nearly die. If there was something after death i think science would have figured it out by now.

Reactions: Crematedashes, Egddios, OnlyMercy and 1 other person
riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
When the brain is no longer oxygenated the brain cells will start to shut down their activity within 5 minutes or so.

When the brain cells and the brain itself has shut down you're essentially gone forever.

Nothingness. So I don't fear death, but dying, disability, the pain, anxiety, that happens before your body gives in, isn't something I look forward to. Very close to ordering N now, so I'll have an easy way out if death taps me on the shoulder.

Reactions: Crematedashes, Righttodie, stbdchick and 1 other person
Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Experienced
Jun 3, 2019
There is no evidence that anything will happen, so nothing. I will go back to what I used to be before I was born.

Reactions: Crematedashes, Egddios, Chalken and 1 other person
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
Nde is probably your brain just trying to make death comfortable for you as your dying(...)

But there are ppl experiencing hell too...So what is an explanation for that?

For example here

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
NEAR death experience isn't death . as for some people experiencing hell , well some people have pleasant dreams and others have nightmares .The brain is a very complicated and fragile thing and more often than not is broken .

Reactions: Crematedashes and WaterUnder
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I don't believe in afterlife or reincarnation. I believe that after death we return to the same state of non-existence that we had been for billions of years before we were born.

Reactions: Crematedashes, Egddios, stbdchick and 1 other person
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019

The

"and then our bodies just decompose into the ground"

part, when they sew the carcass back together after examination, depending on a case, part of the body ends up in a trash bag and goes to incinerator, and some of it may end up in a jar with some disrespectful label.
Nde is probably your brain just trying to make death comfortable for you as your dying i wouldn't believe any stories people say because they didn't actually die just nearly die. If there was something after death i think science would have figured it out by now.

Ian Stevenson did something resembling a "scientific" research on this.

Last edited:
S

stbdchick

Jun 17, 2019
Well, I had a weird thing happen a couple years ago. I woke up in a hospital in another state, with no memory of the previous 6 weeks. I was told that I had not been unconscious or in a coma, I was awake, and responsive, tried to remove the intubation tube and feeding tube repeatedly, was obviously distressed about what was done to me - but for me, it's just a blank. I had no sensation of time having passed like when you're asleep and dreaming. It's as if I were a computer that had been shut off for six weeks, then rebooted (though there were issues with the reboot for a few weeks before I got it sorted).

I believe death is like that. Other people were extremely upset about what was occuring; it didn't bother me at all (until I awoke, in excrutiating pain with a whole shitload of physial therapy ahead of me).

Very irritated that I lived through that.

Anyway, I expect my experience of death to not be an experience, same as my experience before I was born. I don't see anything to fear or want or hope for - just nada.

Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I have no idea, since there's not reliable evidence as nobody ever came back to tell us what happens. I can only hope that there's no afterlife, even if it is a good one. I'm a person that simply can't be completely satisfied.

Reactions: Crematedashes and deflagrat
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Probably nothing. The essence of consciousness is wanting. There's nothing to want after you're dead.
Finito.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crematedashes, marcusuk63, Morphinekiss and 1 other person
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I have no idea since there's no concrete evidence as nobody ever came back from the dead to tell us. I can only hope for a peaceful nothingless instead of an eternity in hell.

Reactions: not_a_robot
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Likely some sort of reincarnation. Whether that's another third-density humanoid form, or a higher density, is up to your soul and the lessons it has or hasn't learned.

Reactions: Thorn and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
they've reanimated pig brains six hours after death,but minimally.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I really hope that we jsut re-live life and can fix all of our mistakes... But I think we just become a pile of mush.

B

barny

Jun 17, 2019
I saw a bright warm light when i was younger. I dont really care what happens whether theres nothing, light, dark, anythings got to be better

C

Crematedashes

Jun 19, 2019
Eternal oblivion. I may have some wack experiences after my heart stops and before I'm brain dead, but once I'm brain dead, it will be like a permanent, dreamless sleep. But I won't be aware of it.

C

cursed-armadillo

Jun 20, 2019
In the seconds before death, your brain probably starts tripping out and then (at least I hope) you just stop thinking and existing forever.