diaryofadg

diaryofadg

Leilei
Oct 5, 2024
I understand they have to investigate, but to what extent? Do they go though your room and devices? If I break it what do they do?
I of course have a lot of things I don't want them to find, but to be honest itwont bother me once I'm dead. I'm mostly curious right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
AboutTimeToDepart

AboutTimeToDepart

Apr 8, 2024
I know in the UK they likely would, especially if the death doesn't seem natural. IDK about other countries, but I would assume that they would follow the same idea. Even more likely if there is no clear indicator to why it happened.

F

Fangarina

Sep 9, 2024
I think they will go through your devices, but I'm not sure.
Yeah I would agree with this. I don't think they would do a full house search but they would want to look into your device and make sure there was nothing untoward within it that had pushed you to CTB (like messages from other people encouraging you etc). I think that's why so many people wipe their devices prior. I know for me I will make sure mine is wiped so there is no link to here or any other searches I have done while sorting my plans out.

Reactions: AboutTimeToDepart
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
It depends. I think any death outside of the hospital, at least one without an obvious natural cause, requires the police to get involved. The coroner determines the cause of death. If evidence points to suicide, they'll need to determine if anyone else was involved. Maybe someone encouraged you to do it, or maybe someone threatened or bullied you. Maybe someone provided you with the resources to kill yourself knowing what you're up to. I don't know how thoroughly they'll investigate each of these options. They'll probably start with family, friends, coworkers/classmates, neighbors. Also they'll probably check your phone records, they'll try your devices too. Unless they get enough answers before that. Keep in mind they don't care enough to investigate all your life. Once they get enough to close the case, they don't bother.

They need to know:
1. Why did you kill yourself
2. How did you kill yourself
3. Where did you get the idea from? (method)
4. How did you obtain the means to do it? If illegally, they might want to pursue it further.
5. Did anyone help you? (either by assisting, advising or providing you with the means while knowing your intentions)

How deep do they need to dig to tick all these boxes? You tell me. When I was attempting to CTB I left a QR code in a visible place with a link to a video in which I answered all these questions in detail, so that they would close the case quickly and leave my family alone. I don't know if it would've worked, but I thought it might be worth a shot.

• Informative
Reactions: AboutTimeToDepart, Fangarina and Plato'sCaveDweller
W

We Are Angels

Sep 24, 2024
Computers probably. But are they even able to break into phones without the passcode?

B

benjamind2020

Sep 18, 2020
I plan to write a note, and in that note will be a link to a video uploaded in a zip file and a copy of the video on two duplicate USB sticks so they can get it if they really need it without the link. Everything else will be wiped except for a list of contacts. Phone will be deactivated.

Only a few small things need to happen for this to occur, to trigger what I call a "plan of action".

1/ I suffer another major episode and end up with more severe and permanent damage to my hearing and balance (usually both go hand in hand).

2/ If I'm going into hospital for an operation (to get rid of pressure caused by hydrocephalus hopefully to actually help my hearing and balance - I'm not convinced it will do anything but hey I try to be positive) and I can't bring my rescue meds (steroids) and I get a major episode and they refuse the rescue meds and I WILL end up with more serious damage with a high possibility of deafness and loud life-destroying tinnitus as well as worsening balance of course - steroids really help sometimes and they can make a huge difference if they taken immediately, and even if they don't it's the peace of mind knowing they actually did what they were supposed to do. Even then it is likely I would end it because I've had 12 episodes and I'm just fed up with it. I don't have to tolerate this forever and I certainly won't.

3/ If I lost both my two little dogs tragically, let's say I were out walking and my lead slipped and they went onto the road and got killed by traffic.

The "plan of action" is to do something to myself that will be extremely and reliably lethal. End of story. Period.

• Informative
Reactions: Loona KLD