U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
I have an appointment with my psychiatrist next week. Do you think he could prescribe an AE for SN? If so, what should I tell him?

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
"I occasionally get migraines, I've taken meto for it in the past and it seems to work, wondering if I can get a prescription?"

Reactions: eeyore9128, _Minsk and unfair
U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
"I occasionally get migraines, I've taken meto for it in the past and it seems to work, wondering if I can get a prescription?"
Is it mEto or mEHto? I legit have been having terrible headaches and been nauseous the past month so..?

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Is it mEto or mEHto? I legit have been having terrible headaches and been nauseous the past month so..?

I believe it's pronounced mEHto.

Well there ya go, tell them it's worked in the past and you'd like a prescription

U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
You are awesome! Thank you so much! Do you happen to know the other pills I need for SN and how to obtain those? I plan on telling him I'm extremely depressed and anxious and hope he gives me something doable.

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Propranolol is prescribed for social anxiety sometimes. You could go that route. The antacids and painkillers are available over the counter. I believe that's all you'll need in addition to the SN itself.

Last edited:
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
My advice would be to ask for it from a gp or primary care doctor rather than psychiatrist. A psychiatrist may be more aware of its usage in suicide and more reluctant to prescribe.
Id also not refer to it as meto as thats an abbreviation. Id act as if you dont know the full name and say something like... i think it was called metoclomperine or something like that.
Telling the doc exactly what you want can indicate youve researched it and raise suspicion.

Reactions: lmon, elfgyoza, Wisdom3_1-9 and 3 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
My advice would be to ask for it from a gp or primary care doctor rather than psychiatrist. A psychiatrist may be more aware of its usage in suicide and more reluctant to prescribe.
Id also not refer to it as meto as thats an abbreviation. Id act as if you dont know the full name and say something like... i think it was called metoclomperine or something like that.
Telling the doc exactly what you want can indicate youve researched it and raise suspicion.

Very good points here. I went to a GP for Meto and Propranolol. And since they had no problems writing those up for me I even managed to get some Zopiclones. Wish I asked for Ativan instead but oh well hahaha

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Very good points here. I went to a GP for Meto and Propranolol. And since they had no problems writing those up for me I even managed to get some Zopiclones. Wish I asked for Ativan instead but oh well hahaha
Thank you.
I think a lot of it may depend on suicide risk as to what they will prescribe. Your gp sounds incredible lol

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Thank you.
I think a lot of it may depend on suicide risk as to what they will prescribe. Your gp sounds incredible lol

Just some random I've never met before. We also did the convo over the phone due to Covid which probably helped my case.

Lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I personally think that the quality of gp has gone down in the uk over the last 20 years. In the past a doc would tell you what you needed, now its the other way round. I think they are that busy they just want you in and out.

Reactions: Caspers
U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
So my whole thing was to tell my psychiatrist that my boyfriend (of 6 years) and I broke up and that it's got me feeling nauseous and my head is pounding. You think that's good enough or I should go to a GP?
I'm also in the US if that matters.

Last edited:
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
So my whole thing was to tell my psychiatrist that my boyfriend (of 6 years) and I broke up and that it's got me feeling nauseous and my head is pounding. You think that's good enough or I should go to a GP?
I'm also in the US if that matters.

I'd try a walk-in clinic first.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
You could try the psychiatrist i just think they might know more about antienemics being used in ctb and be more skeptical.
Im in the uk and got my meto from an online consultation. They ask a load of predetermined questions and if your answers are right the doc approves it and they post it.

C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
proponolol is for physical anxiety symptoms so say you have adrenaline flushing and heart palpitations you find disturbing. antiems were easy for me because i have dysmotility so got given domperidone

U

unfair

Aug 22, 2020
Okay so I think I have determine that I will go to a GP for the AE but then go to my psych doctor for Benzos maybe? I've heard a lot about them but don't know much. This is because I hide every emotion I have from my doctor.
Honestly, at this point, can someone PM
me and talk me through some shit?

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Okay so I think I have determine that I will go to a GP for the AE but then go to my psych doctor for Benzos maybe? I've heard a lot about them but don't know much. This is because I hide every emotion I have from my doctor.
Honestly, at this point, can someone PM
me and talk me through some shit?
Hate to sound negative but its difficult to get many benzos or of any strength off a doc or psychiatrist in the uk. But if its sn you wouldnt need many anyway. Feel free to pm me any specific concerns

Reactions: Lost1804
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020

This is great advice by the way.

• Hugs
SunnyPotato

SunnyPotato

Aug 31, 2020
I'm pretty sure the non-generic is called Reglan? Sometimes saying it helped for a family member helps too.

I had constant nausea and vomiting for weeks and eventually went to a gastroenterologist who gave me 3 different nausea meds, including meto... if I'm totally off base here with the name sorry in advanced, the generic was definitely called metoclopromide. I needed to get an endoscopy but I think he gave me these before I got that far. Seems first they'll give ondansetron/Zofran but from what I understand that isn't suited for SN, so if they offer that first you might wanna say it hasn't been effective for you

Reactions: _Minsk
L

Lost1804

Student
Jun 26, 2019
A couple of years or so back I was given buccastem m (phenothiazines) for virtigo. I rang a few pharmacies recently to check their availability and was told buccastem m is no longer given out for virtigo, the only supply it for migraine vomiting... This is the UK.
If that's of any help....?

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I would call it "reglan" or "metoclopramide"..."meto" may mean nothing to your md

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Thank you so much.
Just don't try it for d..ddd..dillaaaa-udid, as they will probably know.

If you are in pain in the hospital or something, just outright ask for it by its correct pronunciation. I think that gets a better reception from the physicians. Just say hydromorphone.

If wanting or needing a prescription for a benzodiazepine, the same mostly probably applies to those in my opinion too.

Reactions: Aap
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Just don't try it for d..ddd..dillaaaa-udid, as they will probably know.

If you are in pain in the hospital or something, just outright ask for it by its correct pronunciation. I think that gets a better reception from the physicians. Just say hydromorphone.

If wanting or needing a prescription for a benzodiazepine, the same mostly probably applies to those in my opinion too.
Yeah i think its about time we go into the docs and start being more assertive lol.
Walk in, bang your hand on the desk and say... Right, i need a shit load of benzos, antienemics, throw in a few opiods and buy the way, you dont know any veterinary surgeons by any chance do you ?

Reactions: Disappointered, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Lost1804 and 1 other person
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I dont. (EDITED: Lol, thought you were asking me.. but I get it now.)

I stopped practicing nursing three years ago after spending 17 years in emergency and trauma, have moved onto something completely different.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I dont. (EDITED: Lol, thought you were asking me.. but I get it now.)

I stopped practicing nursing three years ago after spending 17 years in emergency and trauma, have moved onto something completely different.
Sorry lol not worded very well. No rest assured i am not asking for your help to acquire a lethal euthanasia drug on an open forum. If only life was that simple lol.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I understand.. Yea, we're all good there!

• Love