Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
I'm under a crisis team that comes out on home visits and have begun self harming with how deeply sad I am feeling inside, they're due to see me again today do I tell them how I'm feeling as I know they'll see the fresh cuts I made and I haven't self harmed before.

I just dread and fear they'll take me to a psych ward.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, rozeske, mfjajs and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Now if you have met/talked with the team before and kind of know how they think and react, then I would gauge my discussion around past experience with them.

I was under the watchful eye of mental health team that was court ordered. After meeting a few times with the guy, I knew the lay of the land and how to respond to his questions.

I wish the very best to you and with that said, if they are fair and understanding then lay it all out in the open.

Also try and remember that if you have to meet with these folks in the future and if you tell a tall one now and they figure it out down the road, then they will in the future keep that in mind and it could have negative con sequences for you.

Like me, I did NOT like the psychiatrists that I had on one of my lock ups in the psych ward and she made it hell for me. This was the time that I had to go to court and fight from getting a long-term lockup. If they would catch on, if one tells a tall one or says nothing, then the psych ward trip might become more of a possibility.

Being honest also means that one does not have to try and remember what a person said to the other person that asked the question(s).

You are a caring soul, your post says that loud and clear and the very best of luck to you and also lots of well wishes.

Walter

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Typically you don't get placed into a psychward unless if you are displaying signs of being suicidal, especially if you are going through active suicidal ideation. Self-harm usually isn't in of itself enough to warrant a trip to the psychward. Then again, this is based on my experience with talking to a crisis worker and psychiatrist within a hospital setting, so I have no clue as to whether or not this will apply to to your situation.

Since this is your first time self harming, I'm going to assume that it probably wasn't severe, so I'd imagine that the chances of you being hospitalized are low. Where did you cut anyway? Depending on where you cut it should be pretty easy to hide.

Last edited:
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
If you're in the UK, it's highly unlikely that you'll be admitted to an inpatient ward for self harming. Personally, I'd tell them, if only because it's easier to be honest than it is to lie/withhold the truth, especially when you're distressed. I'm with the Crisis Team at the moment, too. Hope you get some bods with a sense of humour. It always helps x

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I'm under a crisis team that comes out on home visits and have begun self harming with how deeply sad I am feeling inside, they're due to see me again today do I tell them how I'm feeling as I know they'll see the fresh cuts I made and I haven't self harmed before.

I just dread and fear they'll take me to a psych ward.

Tbf thy wll b usd 2 c-ing ppl in ur emotnl cnditn imo

As lng as u shw tht u r willng t/ wrk wth thm slf wld b v surprsd if thy tke u inpatnt

Slf ws walkng arnd wth a rope whn slf epsde escl8td & thy stll wld nt tke slf in bcse 'only v unwll ppl r b-ing sectnd'

Tht = slf xpernce in uk

Reactions: Tonkpils