D

dsdt182

Jan 22, 2024
I feel like the entire purpose of teenage years is to repay what your parents did, they grew you, and they looked after you every single day. But every time I achieve something good in school (high grade, a concert in front of hundreds of people, and more) I've never heard a single praise from my parents. But they always get mad at me. I know that parents' mad usually indicates that they love you, but this is an entirely different thing that made me think that my mom does not love an inch about me which drove me to CTB thoughts. I've done some sh around my arms. Do I continue to hold it or just straight up ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, doormat25 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Without knowing more about your personal situation and what actually leads to your SH / CTB thoughts it's difficult to say what is the best way to deal with it. From what I understand from OP is you seem to achieve things but your parents don't acknowledge them. That makes u sad in a way, which is understandable. (Sorry if I misunderstood sth in OP).

I think talking about it with your parents would be a start. The earlier you find solutions for such triggers the better it is to fight MH issues developing from external circumstances that can be more or less easily changed.

Reactions: mortuarymary
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Maybe your folks have problems you don't know about. Most of the people I know struggle. Others pretend. Maybe get some help. To CTB over this for me isn't a viable option. sorry.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Ninja_Master
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I never got a single praise from my parents either.
It's your life you shouldn't live it to satisfy your parents.

D

dsdt182

Jan 22, 2024
One more thing u forgot to mention is that I ever been told by them that they don't love me despite all the things I've done. Which hurts me a lot
Maybe your folks have problems you don't know about. Most of the people I know struggle. Others pretend. Maybe get some help. To CTB over this for me isn't a viable option. sorry.
I do understand that and I do think it from this is stupid. But I really can't handle those pressures. I've handled it by sh but I think that it's wrong. Do you know how to effectively handle pressures?