paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
I do agree that people dismiss almost every problem with "go to therapy" when the mental health problem is just another symptom of another major prolbem that doesn't have anything directly to do with mental health.

But, even if my mental health problem is mainly a psychological problem and that's the root of my suffering and nothing else, it's almost impossible to find a therapist. I don't know about your country, but in my country (Israel*) Itsmpossible to find therapists. Everyone is overbooked and no one is avalabe to set an appointment. Those who can are located far away from me or are available at times when I'm at work, so they're irrelevant. Right now I suffer from major psychological problems and I need help. I suffer from binge eating disorder, body image issues, and chronic sadness due to fear of poverty and harder mental pain, world dysphoria, and anger issues. What am I supposed to do?

*please don't talk about politics, I'm too exhausted and I don't know what to think about the war, everything is too complexed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and JoysoftheEmptiness
loneliness0

loneliness0

Oct 13, 2023
Hey, have you looked into online therapy?
As far as I am aware effectiveness is same as in person one but not limited even by geographic location.

Reactions: forgottenfantasywrt
paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
Hey, have you looked into online therapy?
As far as I am aware effectiveness is same as in person one but not limited even by geographic location.
I've tried Betterhelp and it wasn't a good experience. Therapists there dont want to talk about my su!cidality. I don't know whether it's a cultural thing or maybe it's just the platform, but American therapists seem to me more superficial and they avoid talking about hard topics in general.

H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
I've had some doctors appointments by phone due to having a hard time travelling. It's worth asking regular health care if it's possible, even if it's not standard practice.
Taking an afternoon off work due to an appointment with health care, is also quite normal. It's a private matter, and you have no obligation to reveal any details about your health issues.

My experience is from another country, but I would guess that it applies to most countries.

JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Sep 10, 2024
I do agree that people dismiss almost every problem with "go to therapy" when the mental health problem is just another symptom of another major prolbem that doesn't have anything directly to do with mental health.

But, even if my mental health problem is mainly a psychological problem and that's the root of my suffering and nothing else, it's almost impossible to find a therapist. I don't know about your country, but in my country (Israel*) Itsmpossible to find therapists. Everyone is overbooked and no one is avalabe to set an appointment. Those who can are located far away from me or are available at times when I'm at work, so they're irrelevant. Right now I suffer from major psychological problems and I need help. I suffer from binge eating disorder, body image issues, and chronic sadness due to fear of poverty and harder mental pain, world dysphoria, and anger issues. What am I supposed to do?

*please don't talk about politics, I'm too exhausted and I don't know what to think about the war, everything is too complexed.
Can't you find some support groups in your town/city to help you? Despite me hating Facebook, that's a good place to start.