N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In Europe football/soccer is extremely popular. I can remember as a child I watched an American comedy show. The main protagonist joked soccer was gay. (Yeah to that time shitty jokes like that were common.) At least what I have read the following is true: Soccer has an increasing success in the US. This stems from the fact that American football is seen as kind of dangerous. There are reports how damaging American football can be for your brain. The idea to forbid header in soccer is more popular in the US than in my country. Maybe all these information are wrong. I have read it in different media outlets.

In the US there is also more (financial) equality in soccer. I think US women are payed very well there for it. This probably also stems from the fact that US women are pretty successful in soccer. Way more than men.

What do you think about soccer?

Reactions: newave3
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Meh. I guess it was fun to play when I was a kid except when the grass was muddy.

NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
In the US there is also more (financial) equality in soccer. I think US women are payed very well there for it. This probably also stems from the fact that US women are pretty successful in soccer. Way more than men.
The US women only recently managed to get paid as much as the men. Despite the fact that they are more successfuly, globally, than our men, the men were always paid more. The primary reason for that is that the men's games draw more fans at their games - so more money for the teams.

My daughter played soccer throughout her youth and into her college years, and she even spent a few years coaching younger girls. Personally, I find soccer to be way more entertaining to watch than US Football (which has so much 'stop' time), but most Americans will go for football over soccer every time.