Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
Title is self explanatory. Would moving to another country improve your life? Which country would you move to, and what country are you in?

I'd move to someplace like Sweden or Denmark, it's much more trans and queer friendly with better options for disabled people. Or a country that allows euthanasia. If I can get better health care my life could improve. I'm in the USA but I'm originally from Russia.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, wait.what and 5 others
K

Ken Ough

Jan 28, 2021
Northern Europe without a doubt. Countries that care about human capital. I thought of quitting sharaga and going to work on a farm in Finland or even Estonia for a season, but those were naive days

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, ReflectionOfTrauma and Alwaysbadtime
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Perhaps Iceland.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma
nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
Also northern Scandinavia. North Norway or north Sweden. Perhaps Iceland. Where winters are cold and dark, with lots of snow, and summers are moderate.

• Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, Elysium Searcher, I'm scared and 1 other person
A

ajdhabajdyst

Jul 3, 2021
honestly, i don't mind my home country (Canada), i'd prbly just move to somewhere here that's closer to the ocean like nova scotia

• Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, Shadowplay and mustard_glass
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Maybe Sweden or New Zealand, basically any country with small population. The fewer people the better

X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
SWITZERLAND! The country can cure my depression

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Shadowplay, deleted and Kattt
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Any place where you can buy a shotgun with minimal hassle.

• Love
Reactions: kingkong57, _Minsk, Hope and 3 others
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
SWITZERLAND! The country can cure my depression
Do you really believe that?
I worked there.
It's beautiful there - but as a foreigner it's really difficult.
Living is very expensive - you can only live there if you always have work. And the people there are very special.

• Hugs
Reactions: Xiaomi
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Do you really believe that?
I worked there.
It's beautiful there - but as a foreigner it's really difficult.
Living is very expensive - you can only live there if you always have work. And the people there are very special.
I think that if I could move there and start a new life, it would make me feel better. But it's just a dream, I come from a poor country and can only think about it.

logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I think that if I could move there and start a new life, it would make me feel better. But it's just a dream, I come from a poor country and can only think about it.
I can understand your thoughts - but I think that other countries would be better suited.
Many here have already recommended the Scandinavian countries - and I can only agree.
My favourites would be Iceland, Sweden and Denmark.

• Love
Reactions: Xiaomi
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I live in the UK, and I do not particularly like the area that I live in. Moving to another country would not improve my life (nothing would at this point). I would choose to move to a country where euthanasia is legal or somewhere very cold, as I like cold weather. However, I would rather just not exist at all.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, rioghbhardain, mustard_glass and 1 other person
F

Fenrirsend

Student
Jul 15, 2018
Any where is Asia really. Prefer China, Japan, Taiwan or Vietnam. It would definitely improve my life alot.

• Love
Reactions: Manaaja, ReflectionOfTrauma and OnlyTheWind
mustard_glass

mustard_glass

Aug 10, 2021
IDK, bud - after all wherever you go, there you are. I'm already living in the european union, which is supposed to be "the first world" but it absolutely sucks.
nova scotia
Ah, home of the best TV show ever - Trailer Park Boys! Where would I be without it, probably dead already.

Reactions: ajdhabajdyst
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
I would try Australia. It's sunny and the ocean is there

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Shadowplay and NasiGoreng
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Netherlands seems nice, I just like their concept of living space not being car centric

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
i love the USA. I'd like to move to the Midwest or the West for a while though, people seem nicer and happier than they do up in the Northeast. I know it's mostly fake American niceness but I do kinda hate how here in the NY metro, it's acceptable to be rude for no reason. Especially in poorer urban areas like where I'm from. It makes life 10000 times more depressing than it already is.

I'd also like to move to Scandinavia since it's so beautiful there and there's lots of services for citizens. But I've travelled there before and the people are so cold and shy! And I'm saying that as a socially anxious person lol. It's also very homogenous.

I like countries where the culture is to be bright and friendly, like in Latin America. Unfortunately latino countries don't have the best quality of life, especially not for LGBT people like me. Otherwise I'd move to someplace like Mexico in a heartbeat.

Reactions: newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I know it's mostly fake American niceness but I do kinda hate how here in the NY metro, it's acceptable to be rude for no reason. Especially in poorer urban areas like where I'm from. It makes life 10000 times more depressing than it already is.
When they are rude, New Yorkers would say they are just keeping it real.
I like to keep it real too so when someone is rude to me I usually stare at them like I want to bust them in the face or I tell them to go fuck themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: lobster salad and Sprite_Geist
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
When they are rude, New Yorkers would say they are just keeping it real.
I like to keep it real too so when someone is rude to me I usually stare at them like I want to bust them in the face or I tell them to go fuck themselves.
Yeah I appreciate honesty and it can be hectic here so I get why people seem rushed and suspicious, but that culture brings out the cruelness in people.

I always thought I was just overly sensitive, but once I travelled around more, I realized how strange it was for people to act that way. People from urban areas tend to be kinda cold by default, but there's polite coldness, and then the assholery you'll see way too often in NYC.

Reactions: lobster salad, NasiGoreng and newave3
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
So hypothetically I'd love to live in Italy and obviously language would not be a barrier to this

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
R'lyeh is the only home for me.

If I can't have that, Monacoville is comfy. It's like the rich side of Stockholm but with better weather.

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
As long as I can go out for a walk without torrential rains or suffocating heat and it gives me a quality of life that isn't disgusting any place is worth it.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I would seriously advise anyone who's not very rich and lives in the UK, to think about getting out soon.
The NHS won't touch us with someone else's barge pole
Benefits won't be far behind
You can only take £10,000 with you so-crypto
It won't be long before the banks lose all our money (again)
bailouts may be somewhat harder to come by
There is simply no reason to stay here.
Run away,run far and run fast

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Northern Europe, Switzerland, Canada, Japan

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad and _Minsk
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
New Zealand has the best landscapes I have ever seen, if I could CTB there I would be happy.

• Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, _Minsk and NasiGoreng
Elysium Searcher

Elysium Searcher

Longing for eternal sleep
Jun 12, 2021
I dont mind living where I am currently, I like my country. But there are some places in the world which seems promising for me like Japan (especially somewhere in the Hokkaido island, maybe Sapporo, maybe any place in the northern part of the island, I love the cold weather), Im in love with Siberian landscapes (less realistic option though), maybe Greenland (Nuuk). I think I'd stick to Japan.

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Japan or South Korea. Those are dead dreams now though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, _Minsk and newave3
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Somewhere relatively remote. A bit up north, on a cottage by the mountains. Exact country doesn't matter. As long as I can avoid traffic and summers.
England or or Ireland maybe. Let it rain all day and night.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and hʚll