_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
ive heard somewhere we tend to dislike people in competitive situations who are similar to us, is that true?

Reactions: PrisonBreak, Deleted member 19276, Deleted member 17331 and 6 others
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
This is going to vary from person to person. Yes, people hate others who are similar to us that represents all our fears, regrets, failures and so forth. Yes, competitors sometimes hate competition that have a high chance of standing in their way of winning or of fame. People hate others for how they look, how they talk, what their long dead ancestors did, what region they are born in, their ideologies and random beliefs, for having something they don't or hating others for simply making noises when they chew their food.

In short, there is no limits on the many reasons why someone hates someone else. Its infinite. Whatever you can think of, there is someone out there hating someone else for that reason. The reasons will range from being something understandable to something highly illogical.

I would prefer people put aside assumptions, start thinking of others as individuals, get true facts about others and over all start being a little bit more reasonable, understanding and compassionate. Hate blinds you and you begin to falter the more of it that builds inside you. The oceans of hate are overflowing and the cities are being flooded by it. Like the hippies say, let us make love, not war.

With all that said, we are humans and this is a human emotion that is in us all. We can choose to control it and understand it or let it run rampant and control us.

Reactions: Twntysix, Deleted member 17331, Circles and 7 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Lots of reasons, so I'm gonna pick the first thing that comes to mind ... if they can't be quiet I will dislike them.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, Oyoy and 6 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I dislike people that browse SS without dark theme

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: PrisonBreak, Finis Autem Spero, Deleted member 19276 and 5 others
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
My BPD in charge on this subject, I absolutely have no control over it.
But usually it's when people cause me an anxiety attack

Reactions: Circles, itsamadworld and _Minsk
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
people who talk a lot.. people who seem to be just full of shit

• Love
Reactions: JD8080, Circles, Oyoy and 6 others
Nyxx33

Nyxx33

May 8, 2020
People that go on and on about their accomplishments, don't know much about the world outside what is immediately around them, those so stuck on an ideology they can't even consider other ideas, those who only see the bad in everything, most importantly those who lie or manipulate others for their own gain.

i will say I kinda agree with Jung, what annoys us about others is often a reflection of ourselves..

Attachments

• 6682577A-9702-4865-91DB-87ED5DC92AD3.jpeg
    6682577A-9702-4865-91DB-87ED5DC92AD3.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Soul, Csmith8827, Circles and 4 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
If they are too demanding, talk too much where u can hardly say anything since they dominate the convos, misrepresent themselves, say stuff they will do but don't really mean it. I don't care for people who feel the need to make themselves look better than they actually are. Just be honest about who u really are u know? Save everyone the pain of disappointment later when they realize u are not even remotely the person u claim to be in the beginning lol!

Reactions: _Minsk, Csmith8827, Circles and 2 others
A

Aonewayticketplease

Student
Jun 3, 2019
Someone who acts like they are sooo superior. The fast track to my dislike is being rude to service staff, myself or mean to animals.

That being said when someone earns my dislike I am a total asshole towards them and don't really like my behaviour.

Reactions: Celerity, _Minsk, Circles and 3 others
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
People who think they know it all, and someone who interrupts/dominates the conversation.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, Oyoy and 3 others
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
People who have no sense of boundaries eg use other people's garden for their junk.
Plus a few others I've liked above.
people who talk a lot.. people who seem to be just full of shit

You sound like you met my neighbour. She's just like that. :blarg:

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk, Circles and whitetea
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
People who are pro-life and just cannot realize why someone could hate life.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deleted member 19276, Deleted member 17331 and 5 others
whitetea

whitetea

do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness
Apr 18, 2020
People's behaviour and actions make me dislike them.

Reactions: _Minsk, Circles, itsamadworld and 1 other person
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
I can't stand people who jump to conclusions and make nonsense assumptions about you despite not knowing a single thing about you or your life.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Skathon, _Minsk and 4 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
People who intentionally hurt or harm people or animals.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, _Minsk, Deleted member 19276 and 6 others
foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
loud people, people who step over other's experiences, bigots, fascists and other reactionaries

Reactions: Lostandlooking, _Minsk and Circles
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I can't stand people who jump to conclusions and make nonsense assumptions about you despite not knowing a single thing about you or your life.

This is exactly what I came to post. I hate people who make assumptions about others or think they know who that person is. Unless someone directly tells you something about themselves you should probably just stfu.

most importantly those who lie or manipulate others for their own gain.

I agree 100% whole-heartedly.

Reactions: _Minsk
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Anyone who is invasive and disturbs my loneliness. Like when they ask about the name of the book I'm reading when it's clearly wrapped in a dark cover -_-

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Viro_Major, a_strange_day and 4 others
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
I hate sexist and impolite people and people who treat animals bad.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and _Minsk
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I strongly dislike people who give me advice about my health and how I should live. Unless you're a medical doctor or have a perfect life, do both of us a favor and f*** off.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Judgmental hypocrites, perfect wannabes, gossip hungry idiots he said she said, sloppy eaters, dumb drivers, stupid, bragging about things, liars, greedy cheap people, people who don't care about personal hygiene, abusers, possessive control freaks, damn I dislike everyone I've ever met!! The list goes on!

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk and Epsilon0
B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
I dislike people who talk too much, those people can't be trusted. I also hate arrogant braggarts. I also dislike try-hards for lack of a better term. These three usually blend together to an extent.
People that treat their children poorly or put too much pressure on their children. They're just children, let them be children.
People who slam doors, I'm serious stop slamming doors, people, it's so annoying.
Also, I hate teachers/professors that try to make their students feel stupid. I know that one is a little weird but some teachers like to put-down their students make them feel inferior.

Reactions: Twntysix and _Minsk
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I dislike people who don't respect others opinions and ways of being/living. People who don't respect animals and the nature. People who are not open to new things and that can challenge their belief system. People who do not challenge the system or their thinking patterns. I dislike people who are conformist with shitty life. People that lack empathy. People who think they know it all, when there is always more to learn and change. People who don't acknowledge their flaws or when they are wrong. People who don't take responsibility and put all weight/blame just on others. I dislike people who are overly insecure or too modest to accept or speak for themselves. Lastly, what I hate the most in any individual is when they lie. No one has right to fool or use others around for convenience. I like people who are straight, honest and brave to say things how they are even if that hurts.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Ppl that are two faced. I will respect an openly awful person more than a wolf in sheep's clothing. cuz at least the openly awful person is kind enough to let me know to avoid them.

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
People are starting to get on my nerves very easily nowadays but maybe I'm not feeling dislike or even hatred anymore, just apathy. I would say generally two-faced people.

Reactions: Twntysix
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Narcissists and people without empathy.

I also think it can be true that we're repulsed by people with similar traits. This is particularly true for people who are more domineering. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians and al that.

Reactions: PrisonBreak