allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I'm planning to CTB by full suspension and I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with it and what caused your attempt to be unsuccessful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Trayus, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
L

loveiz2material

Aug 5, 2020
I tried to use an extension cord for hanging and it broke, leaving me with a sore throat and neck for about 2 days. Those little metal wires in the center are not as strong as you would think they are.

Reactions: NodusTollens, Deleted member 4993, allym101 and 2 others
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
I used a hook in my wall and it ripped out of the ceiling immediately as I stepped off the chair. I landed on my bed which was soft luckily but yeah.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog, NodusTollens, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
L

loveiz2material

Aug 5, 2020
Lol must be nice. I hung from a tree choking for about 30 Seconds before the extension cord popped and landed on my side against a big ass tree root. Hurt my hip and my throat.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, holymouse, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Not judging any of you since ctb can be done spontaneously and with lack of knowledge but what made you guys not check how much weight your rope could carry? And a hook in the wall would seem obvious to even 58kg me that it wouldn´t be able to carry my weight.

So it seems it was lack of knowledge that led to failure, it would be interesting to see some partial hanging failures and what went wrong since it depends less on the weight the rope can handle.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, LADY007, theguineapigking and 3 others
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
Not judging any of you since ctb can be done spontaneously and with lack of knowledge but what made you guys not check how much weight your rope could carry? And a hook in the wall would seem obvious to even 58kg me that it wouldn´t be able to carry my weight.

So it seems it was lack of knowledge that led to failure, it would be interesting to see some partial hanging failures and what went wrong since it depends less on the weight the rope can handle.
I honestly don't know what I was thinking I didn't know what else to hang from and I was desperate. Like now. Fml haha

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Deleted member 4993, allym101 and 2 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
During one partial attempt I was about to loss consciousness but due to SI I quickly stepped up on the chair. Next time it will be full so no chance to turn back.

Reactions: NodusTollens, Deleted member 4993, Hotsackage and 4 others
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
when you consider this method. its not just what your connecting too. its what thats connected too as well. so for instance a ceiling fan i have seen...now it could be fixed to the joist (you cant see them, they would be behind they plasterboard roof) but even if it was i would expect 3 little screws. i would be surprised if it would hold (even though i saw a video it did). and then it could be plasterboard fixings, which would just pull it off the ceiling straight away! more chance of getting an electric shock!

so if you see a bar or whatever you plan on doing it with, you need to look how thats fixed to the wall etc rather than just the size of the bar. its a mixture of both things needed to be accounted for

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, allym101, death137 and 1 other person
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
when you consider this method. its not just what your connecting too. its what thats connected too as well. so for instance a ceiling fan i have seen...now it could be fixed to the joist (you cant see them, they would be behind they plasterboard roof) but even if it was i would expect 3 little screws. i would be surprised if it would hold (even though i saw a video it did). and then it could be plasterboard fixings, which would just pull it off the ceiling straight away! more chance of getting an electric shock!

so if you see a bar or whatever you plan on doing it with, you need to look how thats fixed to the wall etc rather than just the size of the bar. its a mixture of both things needed to be accounted for
I live beside a forest so I was thinking of doing it on a tree.

• Hugs
Reactions: checkouttime, Trayus, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Get a good rope and plan it out. Planing might be the most important part. The act itself is fairly simple.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and allym101
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
Get a good rope and plan it out. Planing might be the most important part. The act itself is fairly simple.
Yeah. Right now I'm just researching the best rope to use as I still haven't picked a day or found a spot. This is gonna be a long process but it'll be worth it

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and purplesmoothie
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Double braided dock line is great. Soft, supple and strong. Go with 3/8 to 5/8 inch.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
Double braided dock line is great. Soft, supple and strong. Go with 3/8 to 5/8 inch.
I weigh around 130 pounds, which one do you think would be better? 3/8 or 5/8? I know it doesn't really matter but I just want to make sure everything is perfect.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
I weigh around 130 pounds, which one do you think would be better? 3/8 or 5/8? I know it doesn't really matter but I just want to make sure everything is perfect.
Either will do. Thicker rope will hurt less. Use some form of soft padding (towel) to avoid rope burn.

Reactions: allym101, Worndown and Deleted member 4993
everosity

everosity

Sep 9, 2020
I used a cheap wire and it broke

• Aww..
Reactions: allym101
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Lol must be nice. I hung from a tree choking for about 30 Seconds before the extension cord popped and landed on my side against a big ass tree root. Hurt my hip and my throat.
Did you fall unconscious? Did u feel pain when unconscious?

Reactions: Pookie
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
mine were all failed because most of the time was spontaneous

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I got too drunk and passed out before I could hang myself. I had a note written up and everything, too.

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I was doing partial suspension and as I added pressure to the noose my windpipe got pressed and not my arteries. I felt like I was smothering and that was too unpleasand.

Unlucky Self

Unlucky Self

Possibly Cursed
Mar 14, 2020
hello I have a question :
1. Is the bondage rope (third one) strong enough for full hanging?
2. Can you elaborate on how you hanged yourself?
I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.
I did partial but there was nothing wrong with my body other than suffocating..
1. The rope feels strong enough for full suspension for any one less than 400 lb. I'd worry more about the anchor point.
2. I used the rod in my closet where I hang my clothes. Partial suspension where both my feet and knees touch the floor, and I just kneel to create pressure. This is less scary and requires less willpower to pull off than full suspension because you know you can abort easily by standing up. I hang by simply relaxing my leg muscles and allowing gravity to pull me down with its full strength. You get drowsy faster than you'd expect. It takes about 10–15 seconds to fall unconscious. Even though I'd been very determined, I aborted over 50 times because my survival instinct kicks in, so I stand up and release the pressure.
You say you had pain. What kind of pain? Did your neck hurt?
Sharp pain around the neck and in the windpipe, and also my head feels like it's going to explode, including my face, ears, and behind my eyes. The pain makes it harder to keep going
I was doing partial suspension and as I added pressure to the noose my windpipe got pressed and not my arteries. I felt like I was smothering and that was too unpleasand.
May I ask what kind of knot you used around the neck? A slip knot that tightens easily and quickly works better than a fixed loop.

Last edited:
  • Hugs