• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
Any interesting takes?

Reactions: Finalnight, divinemistress36 and sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Near Death Experiences (NDEs) are not evidence of an afterlife.
Here are 3 reasons why:

1. Individual accounts of the afterlife frequently conflict with eachother. A Muslim might say that they visited Jannah when they had their NDE, while a Christian might say that they visited Heaven. Both cannot be right, unless both are willing to admit that other's god(s) is/are real.
  2. What people see in their NDE tends to match what they were taught to believe they would see. If you were raised a Christian, you are almost certain to witness Biblical imagery during your NDE, whilst if you were raised a Hindu, you are almost certain to witness Hindu iconography. Both cannot be right, unless both are willing to admit that the other's god(s) is/are real.
  3. NDEs are completely subjective, anecdotal experiences. They can be embellished, and even completely fabricated, by people who have an agenda to push, i.e. trying to convince people to join their religion.
There are other reasons why they are terrible evidence of the existence of an afterlife, but I'll start with 3 for the ease of getting some debate going.

• Informative
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, tbroken, Finalnight and 3 others
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Here are 3 reasons why:

1. Individual accounts of the afterlife frequently conflict with eachother. A Muslim might say that they visited Jannah when they had their NDE, while a Christian might say that they visited Heaven. Both cannot be right, unless both are willing to admit that other's god(s) is/are real.
  2. What people see in their NDE tends to match what they were taught to believe they would see. If you were raised a Christian, you are almost certain to witness Biblical imagery during your NDE, whilst if you were raised a Hindu, you are almost certain to witness Hindu iconography. Both cannot be right, unless both are willing to admit that the other's god(s) is/are real.
  3. NDEs are completely subjective, anecdotal experiences. They can be embellished, and even completely fabricated, by people who have an agenda to push, i.e. trying to convince people to join their religion.
There are other reasons why they are terrible evidence of the existence of an afterlife, but I'll start with 3 for the ease of getting some debate going.

Logically this makes the most sense to me… just our brains and our personal psychology working to make sense of the trauma/event. If someone claimed they had any kind of "proof" that one religion or god was more real or certain, I wouldn't believe it for a second

The delusional part of me likes the idea that the afterlife is tailored to what would bring us peace, though…

Reactions: tbroken, divinemistress36, Darkover and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I find it fascinating that most of them see their deceased loved ones again and have a life review and all come back with a desire to help humanity. I don't think it matters if it's just made up by the brain or If It's a real spiritual experience it sounds like a beautiful peaceful experience

• Love
Reactions: JezebelDuLioncourt and sserafim
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
You aren't dead, that's why its called "Near, death experience"

Your brain isn't mush so in all honesty, i wouldn't get too excited.

Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb and sserafim
Kta1994

Kta1994

Experienced
Apr 25, 2019
That whatever is on the other side is better than here, alot of people who had ndes wishes to comeback to there because living here doesnt make any sense anymore

Reactions: JezebelDuLioncourt, tbroken and divinemistress36
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
You aren't dead, that's why its called "Near, death experience"

Your brain isn't mush so in all honesty, i wouldn't get too excited.
Some people might argue that that's not true and claim that if the brain isn't getting oxygen or blood flow then you are actually dead. Just because you weren't dead for long doesn't mean that your weren't dead. They argue that it's the same as just crossing the border to another country and only being there for a few minutes but that doesn't mean that they didn't actually go to another country - just not for very long.
That whatever is on the other side is better than here, alot of people who had ndes wishes to comeback to there because living here doesnt make any sense anymore
Yes, almost everybody say that it was a wonderful experience, so I guess that's comforting at least.

Reactions: divinemistress36
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Some people might argue that that's not true and claim that if the brain isn't getting oxygen or blood flow then you are actually dead. Just because you weren't dead for long doesn't mean that your weren't dead. They argue that it's the same as just crossing the border to another country and only being there for a few minutes but that doesn't mean that they didn't actually go to another country - just not for very long.
Id argue you are simply unconscious, asleep to be honest.

But hey, wont know till we're both dead, right?

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
- And why do people see a bright light at the end of some kind of tunnel? Anybody who might know something about what that's all about?
Id argue you are simply unconscious, asleep to be honest.

But hey, wont know till we're both dead, right?
Haha yeah, sure thing. :ahhha:

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
When I die ill text you all on the other side and let you know what Its like

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb and Oliver
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
Here are 3 reasons why:

Screenshot 20240311 214022 Chrome

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
Here are 3 reasons why:

Don't know if that's true. NDE's are usually universal, regardless of religions, culture, race, gender, etc. People seem to experience similar feelings. They all seem to hear a voice and see a bright light. Another argument is that hallucinations should be individual, so if NDE's are only hallucinations, then all people should experience completely different things, yet their experiences during an NDE is usually very similar.

Reactions: astonishedturnip
born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
I say if I'm a Muslim and die performing a Jihad not seeing an after-life with 72 virgins; that will be a huge bummer for me.
On a side note, what happens to the virgin if we have an intercourse do they restore their virginity after the deed?
Also to go deeper, what about other religious stories such as the Demiurge encouraging you to go the light?
And as such found in Gnostic texts which were the prime belief prior to Christianity.
I doubt there is an after-life after all our hardware (physical body) dies, if our brain serves as memory storage what then do we use in this spiritual world, resonance, vibrations, is that enough to say that is still us?

lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020
I thought it was explained by science already. DMT is released in your brain in large amounts near death or something like that I've read.

Reactions: Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Don't know if that's true. NDE's are usually universal, regardless of religions, culture, race, gender, etc. People seem to experience similar feelings. They all seem to hear a voice and see a bright light. Another argument is that hallucinations should be individual, so if NDE's are only hallucinations, then all people should experience completely different things, yet their experiences during an NDE is usually very similar.
i know one thing to be true is that nobody gets out of here alive
NDE also appears universal but the narratives vary widely between persons and cultures, and are not always viewed in a spiritual perspective.

Last edited: