• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

MistakesHappen

Escapologist
Aug 29, 2018
When i was underage they told me that the therapist or psychiatrist can say whatever he wants to your parents. For example my psychiatrist said that she would have asked me what to say and what not but that legally she is free.
When i became an adult i never questioned, but i do now. What can they know? What about relatives in general?
If she Can say something, how much?
That i am suicidal?
That i do self harm? (I do not, just curious)
That i am going to get hospitalized?
That i spend my free time catatonic?

Last edited:
Reactions: brighter and About_to_Go
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I don't think they can say anything. However if they have a genuine cause for your safety or the safety or others there is probably a mechanism by which they will tell the authorities and by extension they will tell your folks.
DBD

Reactions: brighter and MistakesHappen
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
If you are currently under 18 and still live at home, yes, they can disclose the information with your parents.

If you're 18 or older, you can have it to where no one sees it unless you give permission. Or if the court orders it.

Reactions: brighter, MistakesHappen and Jc40
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
This is firsthand experience in the US. Not sure about other countries but I'd imagine it's mostly the same.

If you're underaged if they feel you're a danger to yourself or others they have to tell your parents. When you're 18 they have to have you sign a release of information before they can disclose anything unless it's court ordered (and that's usually if you're extremely messed up so you usually don't need to worry about this). If you wish to not tell them anything you don't have to and while your docs can suggest it they can't force you to do it.

Some shit I tell them is OK to tell my mom in case something happens (like I'm suddenly in the psych ward again), but she's still seriously in denial and thinks somehow my dissociation and severe depression is caused by my misdiagnosis of autism so other than that it's just pointless to tell her about anything else.

Reactions: MistakesHappen