• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

shiki

Jun 27, 2024
what can convince people to dedicate their lives for a purpose in your idea?

AbsentMindedHuman

AbsentMindedHuman

One day, ill be free
Apr 25, 2024
I don't think there is a single answer to that. People chose to believe whatever they want and it is up to them, weather or not they find find value in staying alive for a specific purpose. I think it is also a fluid answer because it can change based on lived experiences or newly aquired understanding.

Reactions: thebelljarrr, bed, vadim and 1 other person
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Im still searching for the answer

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Defenestration and shiki
PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
Value is a subjective thing, decided by the consciousness. What your consciousness feels is dictated by chemicals that your brain orders to be sent through your bloodstream. Certain actions, thoughts, sounds, can trigger the release of chemicals that make people feel very good. This motivates them to keep doing something, to release these chemicals again. On the other hand, certain situations can also trigger the release of chemicals that make people feel very bad. This motivates them to do something, to not experience that again.

what can convince people to dedicate their lives for a purpose in your idea?
The prospect of having feel-good chemicals run through your bloodstream. Not everyone can understand this the same way, because there are people where these chemicals aren't as strong, as a consequence they don't get motivated, and have less drive than others.

In a more human-centric way : Certain things feel good, this convinces people to do things that help them achieve that. Not everyone feels things the same way, so some feel less, or not at all.

Reactions: frost_
S

shiki

Jun 27, 2024
Value is a subjective thing, decided by the consciousness. What your consciousness feels is dictated by chemicals that your brain orders to be sent through your bloodstream. Certain actions, thoughts, sounds, can trigger the release of chemicals that make people feel very good. This motivates them to keep doing something, to release these chemicals again. On the other hand, certain situations can also trigger the release of chemicals that make people feel very bad. This motivates them to do something, to not experience that again.

The prospect of having feel-good chemicals run through your bloodstream. Not everyone can understand this the same way, because there are people where these chemicals aren't as strong, as a consequence they don't get motivated, and have less drive than others.

In a more human-centric way : Certain things feel good, this convinces people to do things that help them achieve that. Not everyone feels things the same way, so some feel less, or not at all.
obviously all the actions we decide to do are results of the chemical reactions in brain(it's like you say car moves because of certain forces that are made inside the car) the question is what influences this chemicals reactions in different people? and why do some people can't feel the same way

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
what influences this chemicals reactions in different people?
Genetic mutations. No person ever born is 100% the same. There is no "prototype human". Sometimes you get someone with a random missing tooth, or someone with diabetes, or someone whose chemicals are just messed up. Just random things that can happen. Every brain is different. Adding to this : Your experiences from when you were young. Some people experience severe stress as children, and the brain gets used to using a stress response. So they will experience stress more often as adults. Other kids grow up in calm and more controlled environments. That will also show in adulthood. Whats also important : Social interaction, diet, sports.

and why do some people don't can't feel the same way
If the chemicals in your brain dictate your feelings, then that means that if someone can't feel the same way, the brain simply doesn't order as many chemicals, or the body can't produce enough. This can be because of subjective thoughts, like not thinking of something as important, but also simple randomness from when you were born.

S

shiki

Jun 27, 2024
so according to this we are limited to our body and body is just result of randomness of where and in which family you born. what makes me thoughtful is all that we are searching in our lifetime is pleasure(release of dopamine in brain)to make us feel good? all the people that are happy in their lives are constantly receiving this dopamine or there are another factors that makes humans happy too?
most of the people who could discover something or do a valuable thing in their lives have suffered alot to reach to that point(means they didn't like those chemicals in brain)what makes them more resistant against this suffering?
Genetic mutations. No person ever born is 100% the same. There is no "prototype human". Sometimes you get someone with a random missing tooth, or someone with diabetes, or someone whose chemicals are just messed up. Just random things that can happen. Every brain is different. Adding to this : Your experiences from when you were young. Some people experience severe stress as children, and the brain gets used to using a stress response. So they will experience stress more often as adults. Other kids grow up in calm and more controlled environments. That will also show in adulthood. Whats also important : Social interaction, diet, sports.

If the chemicals in your brain dictate your feelings, then that means that if someone can't feel the same way, the brain simply doesn't order as many chemicals, or the body can't produce enough. This can be because of subjective thoughts, like not thinking of something as important, but also simple randomness from when you were born.
do u know about David Pearce?he had this idea that with manipulating our brains we can keep brain in comfort state forever(https://www.bltc.com/), what's your idea about this?

Last edited:
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
for me, connections with people i truly care about. being able to live a life with someone and share experiences together would make life a lot more meaningful.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvwJ
S

shiki

Jun 27, 2024
for me, connections with people i truly care about. being able to live a life with someone and share experiences together would make life a lot more meaningful.
if I could live alone forever maybe I didn't end up to find ctb as the best solution lol