B

Busshollplats

Aug 11, 2024
Whenever i try to open up to someone i get no sympathy. I often get attacked for feeling bad and it just makes me feel worse. I basically get told that i have no reason to be depressed.

Ill save you the long story but a few days ago a "friend" of mine thought i was depressed and unpromted went on a rant that basically boiled down to that i have no reason to feel bad because others have it worse. Keep in mind that this guy knows basically nothing about my life.

It has made me extremely depressed the last few days and has made me think about ctb again.

Is there anything i can say to make others understand?

• Hugs
Reactions: Al Gul, LoiteringClouds and Lostandlooking
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
I basically get told that i have no reason to be depressed.
You need to open up to better adjusted people, because these ones are clearly stunted in emotional growth.

There are people who will understand, and people who not only won't, but will refuse to - or perhaps, they cannot, even if they tried. Some people simply do not have the capabilities to understand.

There's no such thing as needing a good enough reason to be depressed. Not everyone handles stressors the same way. My suggestion is to stop trying to make arbitrary people understand, and look for the people who already do instead.

Friends aren't always going to be good at everything - you can enjoy your time together but you can't always expect them to be skilled at helping with things like this. I understand this can make you feel worse for a while. If this has been going on for some time with no bouncing back up, you can seek medication for a temporary period of time, until you eventually taper off and get back to normal again. I'm sorry, I do not fully know your situation, so I'm just throwing in some advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Gul, amnesia999 and Busshollplats
B

Busshollplats

Aug 11, 2024
You need to open up to better adjusted people, because these ones are clearly stunted in emotional growth.

There are people who will understand, and people who not only won't, but will refuse to - or perhaps, they cannot, even if they tried. Some people simply do not have the capabilities to understand.

There's no such thing as needing a good enough reason to be depressed. Not everyone handles stressors the same way. My suggestion is to stop trying to make arbitrary people understand, and look for the people who already do instead.

Friends aren't always going to be good at everything - you can enjoy your time together but you can't always expect them to be skilled at helping with things like this. I understand this can make you feel worse for a while. If this has been going on for some time with no bouncing back up, you can seek medication for a temporary period of time, until you eventually taper off and get back to normal again. I'm sorry, I do not fully know your situation, so I'm just throwing in some advice.
I have been reaching out on multiple forums. Even a suicide hotline chat. This is the first time i have recieved some actual advice. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Al Gul and GuessWhosBack