S

SoyaMan4333

Aug 8, 2019
I've hit a roadblock in my search for Formic acid where I live. I cannot get it shipped to me and haven't been able to find a store that sells it.

I was able to find Sulfuric acid at a Jeweler's hobby store and if I had to I could probably go back there and ask about ordering Formic acid from them. However, doing that right away would risk raising unnecessary suspicions, and as it is I felt like a total fraud talking about what I needed the Sulfuric acid for (making bio-diesel as a hobby, if you're interested). I really want to move the process along of getting all the ingredients together and would be happy to hear if there are any suggestions for a type of business I could look for that could order the stuff for me.

What other type of stores are there that sell many types of chemicals?

Adding to that: what plausible sounding explanation can I give as to why I want to buy Formic acid? I've seen that bee-keepers use it as a treatment for mites, and I've also seen that it is used in various industrial processes but I've seen nothing about what a home-hobbyist might use it for. My main worry is being offered some diluted product, and then having to explain why I need a purer, more concentrated form. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Baskol1
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

What country would regulate formic acid?

Over here you can get the stuff off Amazon.

Reactions: Baskol1
S

SoyaMan4333

Aug 8, 2019
It's not regulated, just not available. More of a supply and demand thing, I guess. It's very frustrating. There's tons of sellers on ebay too, but they don't ship internationally.
Sorry, but I prefer not to say which country.