Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
My ocd fucks up my reading ability, but I love reading. I'm bouncing between Hp Lovecraft and a book called "Of Human Bondage."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, Giraffey and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I think it's really nice if reading is fun for you. I think the last time I've read a book was more than 3 years ago...

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ren Elsie Jewelria and Giraffey
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I'm reading the book that I'm currently writing, coincidentally a book about OCD :pfff: Reading it over, and over, and over, to the point the text becomes sickeningly bland and I begin to doubt why the hell I even started.

But when I'm reading someone else's work, I almost exclusively read non-fiction. I'm currently reading the Oxford Handbook of Anesthesiology.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
I've read everything by H.P. Lovecraft many years ago. Good choice. Now I'm too depressed to focus enough for reading books so I mostly stick to (European) comic books and manga.

@sadworld
Have you tried reading comic books instead? It's really fun.

Reactions: Disappointered and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I've read everything by H.P. Lovecraft many years ago. Good choice. Now I'm too depressed to focus enough for reading books so I mostly stick to (European) comic books and manga.

@sadworld
Yeah, I've read manga but right now I'm too tired...

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Disappointered and Ren Elsie Jewelria
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I'm reading the book that I'm currently writing, coincidentally a book about OCD :pfff: Reading it over, and over, and over, to the point the text becomes sickeningly bland and I begin to doubt why the hell I even started.

But when I'm reading someone else's work, I almost exclusively read non-fiction. I'm currently reading the Oxford Handbook of Anesthesiology.
Do you have reading ocd? Why are you reading the anesthesiology book?

@sadworld
I read many of his stories before but its hard now. Reading feels like a chore because I can no longer breeze through the text.

Last edited:
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Do you have reading ocd? Why are you reading the anesthesiology book?

I don't have reading OCD, but I do have ADHD which quite often makes the concentration required for reading, difficult.

I have a large library of medical textbooks, I've previously co-authored one myself. I'm just skimming over a chapter on the pharmacology of Midazolam in order to fact-check an article. I'm not an anesthesiologist myself, but there's a lot of shared knowledge between different professions.

Edit: Fixed the inaccurate phrasing, blame the ADHD.

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I don't have reading OCD, but I do have ADHD which quite often makes the concentration required for reading, difficult.

I have a large library of medical textbooks, I've previously co-authored one myself. I'm just skimming over a couple of chapters on the physiology of Midazolam in order to fact-check an article. I'm not an anesthesiologist myself, but there's a lot of shared knowledge between different professions.
:O

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Depression has taken away my ability to read books.
It's terrible as reading is such a great time filler

Reactions: Kramer