Feb 20, 2023
?

• Informative
Reactions: Panders123 and azalea087
azalea087

azalea087

solitude
Mar 4, 2023
If i knew i probably wouldnt have em lol.

but seriously apart from a healthy social life i dont really know.

Reactions: Panders123
HitsanoEllangmainta

HitsanoEllangmainta

outsider
Mar 6, 2023
Why do people try to get rid of these thoughts? I don't get it. Just let yourself think about it. Just thinking about it wouldn't kill you. Doing the opposite you only enforce it, cause I think it becomes more like rumination or obsessive thoughts were your fear of thinking about something is actually making you do it. Accepting the thoughts is the key. And I think it's totally natural to think about ctb if something bad happened to you, because it's logically and you know that you wouldn't feel it if you were dead, but that doesn't mean that you have to do it if you don't want to

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand how anyone cannot be suicidal. I view existence as being a burden and the human body as being a prison. I just know that no matter the circumstances I could never wish to exist here, existing is unappealing and unsatisfying and even if it was an existence free from physical health issues, I would still find existence to be tedious. I mean life is such a terrible concept and just the fact that humans have the ability to feel such pain is enough of a reason for me to want to leave.

Life as a concept is focused around the fulfilment of endless needs which continue to repeat until we decay from old age. It's totally unnecessary, and I just think that for anyone to be content with this reality then they must be delusional. Suffering is inevitable in life and wanting suicide seems like the natural response to this, to me.

Reactions: azalea087
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
I don't understand how anyone cannot be suicidal. I view existence as being a burden and the human body as being a prison. I just know that no matter the circumstances I could never wish to exist here, existing is unappealing and unsatisfying and even if it was an existence free from physical health issues, I would still find existence to be tedious. I mean life is such a terrible concept and just the fact that humans have the ability to feel such pain is enough of a reason for me to want to leave.

Life as a concept is focused around the fulfilment of endless needs which continue to repeat until we decay from old age. It's totally unnecessary, and I just think that for anyone to be content with this reality then they must be delusional. Suffering is inevitable in life and wanting suicide seems like the natural response to this, to me.
All this only applies if a persons life sucks though. As long as you're good looking, healthy, financially stable, mentally stable, socializing, partying, having romance in your life, making memories - the benefits of existence greatly outweigh the negatives. You can then have children, grandchildren and hopefully see them growing up happy and successful as well, which is also much better than non existence. Such life is unquestionably worth living till the end.

Reactions: Depresso and Ringo
thevaccumguy

thevaccumguy

Feb 14, 2023
Broadly, having a shitton of people who genuinely love you and support your every step.

Panders123

Panders123

Japanese raised American 'u'
Mar 9, 2023
Honestly for me, it was due to

1. A loving-caring bf/gf that wouldn't make you feel lonely that just comes to you without asking you.
2. A genuine friend(s) who would talk to you and support you with the problems you have.
3. Killing time by finding games that I actually enjoy a lot and can keep me busy at all times.

I was into CTB by a lot in the past, but I've became less so nowadays. But these things are the reason why I still exist today

Reactions: Ringo and HadItAll
?

-----

-
Mar 3, 2023
Love, probably.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Source Energy, Panders123 and HadItAll
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Stability, peace, future perspective, affection and a healthy environment. The progressive loss until the disappearance of any of these aspects usually causes suicidal thoughts, at least according to my experience and close cases that I have observed.

cogmachine

cogmachine

hurk urk blergh
Feb 22, 2023
continuous goal to strive towards / look forward to, supportive community (friends, family), and of course financial / health stability. if you feel aimless when you have nothing to do, of course you will feel miserable and have those thoughts the entire time. but i believe there is nothing wrong with having them from time to time as the will to just not exist you isn't that bad, it will be toxic positivity if you shut every single negative thought down mindlessly.

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
tbh, I dont think anything can fully erase them. as long as we exist, there will be suffering, and there will be times you wish you never existed. but if it's something to minimize the thoughts, then probably a passion or a motivation. could be about person, a goal, a career, or anything really, whether healthy or not. but I think as long as you have something to look forward and work hard for, you're more likely to want to continue living on. I think so since the reason why most people here struggle with ctb thoughts comes from the fact that they no longer want to try, or have nothing to look forward to in life anymore