M

MetroTransit

Aug 11, 2022
I just got a prescription for it and am going to start it tomorrow. Just curious how well it worked for everyone else. This is the first anti-depressant I have tried.

Reactions: imcurious
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I was on it but switched off as it really killed any motivation to do things. Stuff like paying bills and doing anything besides just "meh, I'll watch tv".

lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Made my heart rate go up and maybe made me hornier. That's it.

Reactions: Celerity
H

hiddenbpd

✌🏼
Oct 19, 2022
I've been on and off of it a couple times. I definitely notice the difference when I'm not taking it. It makes life a bit easier, gives me more energy, mind you I'm still suicidal often, but I have more than just depression so 🤷🏽‍♀️. It's been a nice medication for me. I wish the same for you.

Reactions: Regen and Ashu
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
I had a positive experience. It's actually the only antidepressant I would use again if needed. It gave me energy and focus, and it ruined smoking for me which I needed to drop.

Reactions: Regen
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
it worked really well until they upped my dose and that's how we discovered i have an allergy to it that causes me to have seizures

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
My experience was mostly positive, if mild, the first time I took it. The effect lasted maybe 3-4 months. As others have said, the horniness is more noticeable than any affect it may have on mood generally.

R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I took it only two weeks, because I felt aggressiv with it. But it was a hard time with less sleep, maybe I give it a second chance in some future.

Last edited:
Nightbird

Nightbird

Sep 14, 2022
Tried Wellbutrin on 3 separate occasions because I found it an effective product - longest stretch was 6 months. Each time, I'd quit bc of side effects - racing heart, palpitations/chest rattle, headache. I have friends, however, who have been on it for years with zero side effects.

I'm in the US. This summer when I decided to go back on meds, my NP suggested Aplenzin, a new formulation of bupropion purported to have a lower incidence of side effects. There's no generic and I currently have shite health insurance so I couldn't afford to try. I mention it in case you similarly get a benefit from Wellbutrin but experience side effects - there's an upgrade if you have good coverage!

• Informative
goodnighttime

goodnighttime

Nov 18, 2022
Definitely helped when I took it, hoping to get back on it soon. Hopefully it's going well for you so far