Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022

Reactions: waitingforrest
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Ever Deeper Honesty book. He sees a lot of what many don't . free book. https://www.everdeeperhonesty.com/
Excerpt from book . i agree with lot of it 1000 pages of truth a lot i didn't see before.:

"There is no freedom/choice/option
of an instant/painless/effortless/guaranteed/permanent way out of life (and existence),
therefore,
life (and existence) is prison/torture/slavery/rape,
and therefore,
life (and existence) is survival of the stupidest.
--------------------------------------------------
Note: This book explains many realisations, conclusions, and solutions (including practical
ones, which are applicable to all aspects of life, and all levels of life), and these will all be
detailed in the conclusion. However, if all of it had to be condensed into one sentence,
then that sentence would be the one above.
I have deliberately avoided using a very short sentence, because when the
sentence/phrase is too short, there is the risk that it can be misunderstood, or it just
becomes too: vague, ambiguous, meaningless, useless in practical life, etc.
There were many alternative sentences that I could have used, (as will becomes apparent
when you read the short conclusion), however, this sentence was perhaps the best
general/overall one, because it's good for all aspects of life, (and all levels of
life/existence), and it also acts as a good pointer, (ie, it can send you ever-deeper).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
(short)
Note: The terminology/phrases/ideas/information that is said in the first three pages of this
conclusion, will make much more sense, after you have finished reading the whole of this
short conclusion.
-- This is especially true, in terms of saying that this information is not opinion, and is
therefore indisputable, and inescapable.
-- So, bear with me, for these next three pages.
There are only two types of people/society, (type A, and type B). These can be summed
up as follows.
Type A people/society:
These people/societies, understand that everyone must be provided with the most
fundamental of rights, which is: The freedom/choice/option, to move away from
suffering, in an instant/painless/effortless/guaranteed/permanent way, whenever
they want.
This is obvious, because if you do not have the right/freedom to move away from
suffering, then it would be legal for anyone to kidnap you, and then imprison you in
a basement, where you are then raped and tortured on a daily basis, for the rest of
your entire life.
Ie, in that basement, you would be going through intolerable pain/suffering, but you
have no right to demand that you be allowed to leave that situation of suffering. Ie,
the perpetrator is legally allowed to do anything that they want to you, for the rest of
your entire life.
And therefore, it's obvious, that this right/freedom must exist in all aspects of life,
and at all levels of life/existence. And, obviously, it must also be preventative.
Therefore, the two main priorities of these people/societies, must be to:
1. Make sure that all people/entities, have the freedom/choice/option, to leave
any situation of suffering (including life/existence itself), in an
instant/painless/effortless/guaranteed/permanent way, whenever they want.
2. Not create new babies/entities, because they know that:
a) Any baby that is brought into existence, will suffer regularly, throughout
it's entire lifetime.
-- Ie, they know that they need to be preventative (of creating
situations of suffering), and since life is inherently
prison/torture/slavery/rape (suffering) from the moment that a baby is
born, they know that it would be extremely immoral to bring a baby into
existence.
Indeed, it's obvious that it would be extremely immoral to do this,
because this would cause suffering, and they know that suffering is
unacceptable and unnecessary.
Note: The only people who are not able to truly recognise/admit
this (that suffering is unacceptable and unnecessary), are all the
selfish/immoral people, because they need to keep (directly and
indirectly) brainwashing/programming themselves (and
everyone), to believe that suffering is acceptable and
necessary, because:
(a) They have to do this, because it's one of the main ways,
of keeping people trapped/enslaved, (as their
personal-slaves, and/or work-slaves).
(b) They have to do this, to hide their selfish/immoral
actions, of controlling/manipulating/using/enslaving
people, (babies/children/adults), as their personal-slaves,
and/or work-slaves.
(I will define "personal-slaves" and
"work-slaves", later in this short conclusion.)
--------------------
Note: I say that their actions are "selfish/immoral",
because this is obvious (and indisputable),
because they are directly causing suffering to
people (their personal-slaves, (and/or workslaves)), and in most cases, that suffering will
occur regularly, for an entire lifetime, (eg, when
they bring a baby into existence).
Note: This book uses terms like "bad"/"wrong", and
"selfish/immoral/cruel/evil", because these terms can be
real/true/objective/fact (and fair/equal/neutral, and not
opinion-based, nor based on some agenda), if they're all
naturally derived from: "The neutral/natural/true start-point (for
everything)".
-- I'll explain this in detail, in the summary.
b) A baby cannot consent to be born, and therefore, the act of having a
baby, is non-consensual, (and therefore rape).
-- Also, the type A people/society know, that if one non-consensual act
is allowed to happen, then many non-consensual acts will start to
happen, and this means that suffering will then spread to everyone.
--------------------

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Un-, waitingforrest, demuic and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Green Eggs and Ham.

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Smedley Butler, war is a racket

The Once and Future King

The Lord of the Rings

The Foundation by Asimov

Starship Troopers

Dune

The People's History of the United States

There's a lot of others but I can't think right now maybe I'll come back and edit this

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Green Destiny and waitingforrest
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, the Grimm's complete fairytales, all of EA Poe's works, Candide by Voltaire, Dr Faustus by Christopher Marlowe, No Longer Human by Dazai, Lady Chatterley's Lover by DH Lawrence

• Love
Reactions: Un-, OctoberDusk, The Disinherited and 5 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
The hungry caterpillar is a very philosophical masterpiece. Taught me good life lessons.

• Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, the Grimm's complete fairytales, all of EA Poe's works, Candide by Voltaire, Dr Faustus by Christopher Marlowe, No Longer Human by Dazai, Lady Chatterley's Lover by DH Lawrence
Les mis is great. Any other books like it?

Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
Les mis is great. Any other books like it?
I'm pessimistic about the possibility that there is literature existing which can be considered on par with Les Mis. I do agree with Red, though. Dumas' opuses are excellent reads all on their own. Perhaps you'll also enjoy some Dickensian lit, too.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I second the suggestion of Dickens' works, and to add to the list of classic sci-fi works: 2001 a space odyssey.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and demuic
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I don't know about exactly like that, focusing on that time in history, but Alexander Dumas is always good.
I heard the Count of Monte Cristo is too much of a serial and is full of unnecessary stuff. The abridged version is on my list.
I second the suggestion of Dickens' works, and to add to the list of classic sci-fi works: 2001 a space odyssey.
I was reading Great Expectations awhile ago, but a lot of the phrases of that era are unfamiliar to me. Looking up words I don't know is fine but whole clauses is tricky.

I liked 2001 until it shifted to the modern-day. Maybe i'll have to just force myself through them and maybe I'll grow to like them.

Last edited:
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
The Stand, It, Misery and Pet Semetary by Stephen King are some good reads. I really like his work.
The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
Midsummer Night's Dream from Shakespear.
I've also read some very good Fanfiction Stories as well.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The Stand, It, Misery and Pet Semetary by Stephen King are some good reads. I really like his work.
The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
Midsummer Night's Dream from Shakespear.
I've also read some very good Fanfiction Stories as well.
The only Stephen King book I like is The Long Walk

T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
I'm pessimistic about the possibility that there is literature existing which can be considered on par with Les Mis. I do agree with Red, though. Dumas' opuses are excellent reads all on their own. Perhaps you'll also enjoy some Dickensian lit, too.
Surely War and Peace is the closest thing to Les Mis, very long with non fiction chapters spliced into the story?

Reactions: Gray Wounds
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
I like books that use repetition so I really like The Night Land by Hodgson. It's almost like a refrain when he eats some of the tablets and drinks some of the water. Plus the description of combat between the humans and monsters is like some modern gruesome monster fiction and the descriptions of the desolate wastes with lava pockets here and there is vivid and makes me think of Minecraft. I hope not to awaken in the Great Redoubt upon passing from this life, truly.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The Cat in the Hat.

Reactions: rationaltake and onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
It's not a classic but I really like Osho's books.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I've always loved Kafka. He can be grim but some of his short stories are written in a serious style but are hilarious and surreal. The one where a man gets followed down the street by two bouncing balls is ace. He can't shake off the balls and they get into his house and he tries shutting them in a cupboard...

• Yay!
Reactions: OctoberDusk and Weebster
O

OctoberDusk

Apr 26, 2022
A few that have really stuck with me.
  • John Kennedy Toole, a Confederacy of Dunces. Absolutely brilliant and hilarious.
  • Saul Bellow, Herzog. The opening line is, "'If I'm out of my mind, it's all right with me,' thought Moses Herzog." You may want to read the novella Seize the Day to see if you like Bellow's writing and perspective.
  • Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude. Epic magic realism.
  • And if you like magic realism, check out a more recent work, Junot Diaz, The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.
  • Keats' poems and letters. I especially like the letters, with lines like, "Tonight I shall imagine Venus your star and pray, pray, pray to it like a heathen."
  • Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird.
  • F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby.
  • Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar. It may be difficult if you are in a bad mental state, however, as it deals with depression and suicide.
  • Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time. Nonfiction and scientific, of course, but it brought greater perspective to many things.
  • Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale. Unfortunately some elements seem less like fiction lately.
  • Toni Morrison, Beloved. Illuminating the horribleness of slavery and its ongoing effects through a ghost story.
  • Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man.

Reactions: The Disinherited and Weebster
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
Surely War and Peace is the closest thing to Les Mis, very long with non fiction chapters spliced into the story?
Sadly, war and peace is still a part of my TBR so, I can't really say anything about it but, I'll check

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Sadly, war and peace is still a part of my TBR so, I can't really say anything about it but, I'll check
I heard it doesn't have much of a plot. How's Anna Karenina? I was considering rereading some of Dostoevsky, but the characters are so overdramatic that I find it irritating.

T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
I heard it doesn't have much of a plot. How's Anna Karenina? I was considering rereading some of Dostoevsky, but the characters are so overdramatic that I find it irritating.
If you don't like Dostoyevsky then you might not like Russian lit let alone reading.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
If you don't like Dostoyevsky then you might not like Russian lit let alone reading.
Lol you're such an elitist snob trying to gatekeep. I've read most of his work. I just can't revisit it because his dialogue reads like a soap opera. I've read other Russian books and books in general that didn't have that quality.

T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
Lol you're such an elitist snob trying to gatekeep. I've read most of his work. I just can't revisit it because his dialogue reads like a soap opera. I've read other Russian books and books in general that didn't have that quality.
I'm not going to get sucked into any negative feelings here but I think it's important to point out the irony of what you just said, you don't like Dostoyevsky, one of the most universally liked writers because his dialogue is Soap Operatic... And I'm somehow the snob.
To stay on point with the thread I'll second One hundred years of solitude, To Kill a mockingbird, The Lord of the Rings and The Stand.....although the Stand probably is more modern than classic but it's a good read nonetheless. Anna K and War and Peace are good and I stand by what I said. It doesn't make me an elitist snob or gatekeeper as I haven't been critical of anyone's suggestions nor am I trying to control what you read.

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I'm not going to get sucked into any negative feelings here but I think it's important to point out the irony of what you just said, you don't like Dostoyevsky, one of the most universally liked writers because his dialogue is Soap Operatic... And I'm somehow the snob.
To stay on point with the thread I'll second One hundred years of solitude, To Kill a mockingbird, The Lord of the Rings and The Stand.....although the Stand probably is more modern than classic but it's a good read nonetheless. Anna K and War and Peace are good and I stand by what I said. It doesn't make me an elitist snob or gatekeeper as I haven't been critical of anyone's suggestions nor am I trying to control what you read.
Does reading help you during times of loneliness? Not for me

T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
Does reading help you during times of loneliness? Not for me
I'll admit I'm always lonely but I find reading to be an essential part of a routine and good routines tend to go hand in hand with wellness. I've been on here so much that I haven't read anything over the past few days which sadly isn't good. I do hope you feel better very soon and I think finding a good book will help a bit. I've noticed that I haven't actually recommended anything I've only seconded other's suggestions so I'll recommend some books now.....
I, Claudius. The complete stories of Flannery O'Connor. In search of lost time. Ficciones. When Nietzsche wept. Infinite Jest and Gogol's stories (I have the penguin version of "Diary of a madman, the government inspector, selected stories" but that version is nowhere near as highly regarded as his "collected tales" so you have a choice really, I've not read "collected tales") and East of Eden was a real page turner but wouldn't be for the irreligious I imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebster