S

scum

Nov 25, 2019
Methods aside, what preparations do you plan to make before your journey?

I feel so undecided about how much I actually care about what is left behind - whether to leave letters or a will, what to do with my stuff, my accounts online and other matters of privacy, how I want to look when I'm found (which would be a while since I live alone), if I should make sure online friends get informed, whether I should fulfill all my promises first, etc.
I go back and forth between wanting to do things properly and thinking it won't matter to me in the end anyway.

What do you think of this? What are your plans or preparatory steps you are taking about the specifities?

Reactions: virginiawoolf86, followingfate and justsad&done
Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
I am planning to write a will and send delayed emails to people to ensure my pets are cared for. I want to make things are as expeditious and easy on family as I can. I also live alone but don't want someone to go through finding me in an advanced state of decomposition. I will, therefore, likely go to a hotel to ctb and leave a note as to whom to contact. I could care less about funeral arrangements since Ill be gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: virginiawoolf86
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
No plans really. I like the fact that all my responsibilities die with me, so I don't have to worry about anything if I don't want to - it's a new level of freedom that one doesn't really get to enjoy in life. In the weeks leading up to ctb, I will/would probably be too nervous to think about much else anyway, I get tunnel vision like that but with thoughts.

Reactions: rabbithole, Bigpink, Daveyjones and 4 others
Ender

Ender

Dec 29, 2020
Goodbye letter or writing piece, a last meal that I would love, one final meeting with my therapist (I appreciate her help), maybe some other things. I don't even know if I'll even do any of those three.

Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
Most of the things I have finished, but I still have a few such as deleting whatsapp and emails, leaving indicated where the car is parked and finishing writing the letter which is what costs me the most.

yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
i decided not to overload myself with plans in order to focus on the main goal

Reactions: demuic and Pookie
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
I feel like with me it won't really be a planned thing. I see a lot of people saying they plan to die at X time on X date but I know when I go it will probably be more impulsive. The only real plan I have is that before I do go I will likely message someone I know one last time. I already have a letter prepared for my family about what to do with my money, belongings, and pets. I don't owe anyone anything.

Reactions: yive
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't plan to leave letters, I'll factory reset my electronics and that's it. Everyone who's gonna b effected already knows all the reasons why I'm doing it so there's no point in letters, plus I'm bad at writing. I plan to ctb after my pet dies because I know no one will take care of him otherwise, and I supported a breeder by buying him which is bad because breeders are causing more suffering. So I at least have to finish what I started (taking care of my bunny till he passes away, so I can guarantee that he will have a good life). I guess taking care of my bunny is my biggest preparation for ctb. It's the only reason why I haven't done it yet. It's gonna be a long time before I can go:(

Reactions: Echo81
Ber0

Ber0

Quiet
Dec 27, 2020
I haven't thought about it much honestly because I'm avoiding it since I know it's gonna be a huge mess to try and sort. Physically and emotionally. I'd probably want to leave a few letters to my family. I'd probably give my family a letter specifically addressed to anyone of extensions such as HS friends, people from FB, since I plan on deleting that. I'll need to reset my PC, reset my phone. Probably I'd like to sell valuable items I own and give the money to some family. I have a list of "things to do" before my decision date, but it's almost fully crossed off. I didn't get to do some stuff due to Covid this year though. As for my therapist, I have no clue, I feel terrible about that. Same goes for online friends, honestly I'm just not sure. The only thing I'm certain about is I don't want regrets, so the list is important to me.

H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
I have already begun the process of deleting my entire social media history, demanding sponsors take down all my athletic information, trying to get magazines I've been published in to take my work off their online archives. Scorched earth approach. Will is underway, I was a paralegal for a long time so I have that covered, it will stipulate no funeral is to be held, my body is to be donated for science so that there is no expenses to my husband and kids. My life insurance is set to pay out for accidental death (which is what we're trying to make this look like fam).

I have been writing a book about my athletic and personal endeavors for a year now, I hope to get it completed and to the publisher before my date in June. Then my kids will get any proceeds from that funneled into a trust. I have "The" letter done. I need to arrange a lot of additional letters for my daughters for different milestones in life. Am slowly working on getting rid of all my worldly possessions so as not to raise an alarm, and distancing myself from everyone I know to buffer the fall out for them when I am gone.

My method requires a lot of physical training, a fair amount of money, and me being on my mental game. To quote Suckerpunch, " I have everything it takes, but it will take everything [I've] got."

• Hugs
Reactions: Echo81, rabbithole, Teal_Blue_Dreams and 1 other person
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I'm slowly getting accounts lined up to transfer. I wish I could set up my bank accounts to transfer a few days later to another account like a delay like the emails

Reactions: Echo81
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
I have already begun the process of deleting my entire social media history, demanding sponsors take down all my athletic information, trying to get magazines I've been published in to take my work off their online archives. Scorched earth approach. Will is underway, I was a paralegal for a long time so I have that covered, it will stipulate no funeral is to be held, my body is to be donated for science so that there is no expenses to my husband and kids. My life insurance is set to pay out for accidental death (which is what we're trying to make this look like fam).

I have been writing a book about my athletic and personal endeavors for a year now, I hope to get it completed and to the publisher before my date in June. Then my kids will get any proceeds from that funneled into a trust. I have "The" letter done. I need to arrange a lot of additional letters for my daughters for different milestones in life. Am slowly working on getting rid of all my worldly possessions so as not to raise an alarm, and distancing myself from everyone I know to buffer the fall out for them when I am gone.

My method requires a lot of physical training, a fair amount of money, and me being on my mental game. To quote Suckerpunch, " I have everything it takes, but it will take everything [I've] got."
what sport to you play?