I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
I am planning to ctb by full suspension hanging. I want to know what are the consequences if I fail to ctb. Your inputs are appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: death137 and Lostandlooking
B

Bipolarer

Dec 21, 2020
If ligature and anchor are strong enough to not break during your attempt and you are not been found in time there won't be any chance you survive.

Otherwise you could get brain damage

Reactions: death137
I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
If ligature and anchor are strong enough to not break during your attempt and you are not been found in time there won't be any chance you survive.

Otherwise you could get brain damage
Can you tell me what exactly is brain damage? And how many years a person lives after brain damage?

L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
Hey, just doing some googling you can find a lot of information on brain injury.

Anoxia is when bloodflow to the brain is conpletely cut off. That's probably what would happen in a full suspension hanging. Brain damage will occur after a few minutes. The longer the brain is deprived of oxygen, the more damage will occur. It's difficult to predict what the consequences will be. It depends on how long oxygen has been cut off. How old you are etc. You could be left in a vegetative state if you fail.

This youtube video shows some examples of the consequences of brain injury. All of these people are conscious and responsive. You may end up worse.

You can live out your life with these injuries, you might never regain some skills.

Added; This is not meant to scare people. It's just to make clear that you have prepare. Make sure the rope won't fail. Test things thoroughly. Don't use a necktie folks. Even if somewhere someone succeeded using a necktie or some crappy rope. For yourself, make sure you do it right.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lupgevif, death137, patheticpartner and 2 others
I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
Hey, just doing some googling you can find a lot of information on brain injury.

Anoxia is when bloodflow to the brain is conpletely cut off. That's probably what would happen in a full suspension hanging. Brain damage will occur after a few minutes. The longer the brain is deprived of oxygen, the more damage will occur. It's difficult to predict what the consequences will be. It depends on how long oxygen has been cut off. How old you are etc. You could be left in a vegetative state if you fail.

This youtube video shows some examples of the consequences of brain injury. All of these people are conscious and responsive. You may end up worse.

You can live out your life with these injuries, you might never regain some skills.

Added; This is not meant to scare people. It's just to make clear that you have prepare. Make sure the rope won't fail. Test things thoroughly. Don't use a necktie folks. Even if somewhere someone succeeded using a necktie or some crappy rope. For yourself, make sure you do it right.

Problem is that I cannot test the anchor point and the rope because I am on a suicide watch of my parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and death137