• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

AshH

It iz what it iz
Sep 16, 2023
Basically the title.

Reactions: Mauve87, Crono and USER80709
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
Being interrupted by someone, rope breaking, knots coming loose. And I think the difficulty in losing consciousness is mainly in partial hanging, due to the difficulty in releasing the entire weight of the body on the rope.

Reactions: Mauve87, tora, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and 3 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Being interrupted by someone, rope breaking, knots coming loose. And I think the difficulty in losing consciousness is mainly in partial hanging, due to the difficulty in releasing the entire weight of the body on the rope.
Don't forget anchor points breaking because they're not strong enough to support your weight.

During my attempt, I used a simple noose. It worked like a charm. My problem was I decided hanging in a public park at 6:30 am is a good idea. The branches were too tall for me to reach. I found one I could just barely reach, so I was unable to tie it tightly as I had to act fast to not get discovered. While I lost consciousness, it wasn't tied securely enough to support my weight and I fell to the ground as it loosened.

Talk about embarrassing. It's even worse cuz I donated most of my possessions, tossed all my food, racked up debt, accrued even more debt through my hospital stay, am unemployed and am not receiving benefits. I only have 10k which is soon to dwindle because of bills and rent. I'm draining my savings and can't afford to replace all my stuff. And getting donations makes me feel ashamed as this was all my stupid, self-destructive fault.

• Hugs
Reactions: DyingToDie123, Mauve87, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and 5 others
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
Don't forget anchor points breaking because they're not strong enough to support your weight.

During my attempt, I used a simple noose. It worked like a charm. My problem was I decided hanging in a public park at 6:30 am is a good idea. The branches were too tall for me to reach. I found one I could just barely reach, so I was unable to tie it tightly as I had to act fast to not get discovered. While I lost consciousness, it wasn't tied securely enough to support my weight and I fell to the ground as it loosened.

Talk about embarrassing. It's even worse cuz I donated most of my possessions, tossed all my food, racked up debt, accrued even more debt through my hospital stay, am unemployed and am not receiving benefits. I only have 10k which is soon to dwindle because of bills and rent. I'm draining my savings and can't afford to replace all my stuff. And getting donations makes me feel ashamed as this was all my stupid, self-destructive fault.
I'm sorry for your situation, but at least you didn't suffer brain damage from the attempt. What did you feel after waking up? In some tests I did, I almost became unconscious and it gave me a very unpleasant headache.

I would be afraid to try it in a place like this, some places seem isolated but there are actually people passing by all the time. humans are everywhere.

Reactions: Mauve87 and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I'm sorry for your situation, but at least you didn't suffer brain damage from the attempt. What did you feel after waking up? In some tests I did, I almost became unconscious and it gave me a very unpleasant headache.

I would be afraid to try it in a place like this, some places seem isolated but there are actually people passing by all the time. humans are everywhere.
It's funny. I was mad at myself for not developing brain, neck, or spinal cord damage because I thought people would be mad at me for scaring them for no reason (I sent out goodbye letters, and emailed my landlord and the police. Phone was factory reset so I could not delete the emails), and think I had no suicidal intent and was just gesturing for attention.

Obviously I had lost my mind. I'm happy now I did not.

Well, I had already lost consciousness. I blacked out and thought, "this is it" and felt no physical sensations. I saw white spots, felt peaceful, then thought I was watching a movie about a girl hanging herself, complete with a narrator.

When I fell, it took me a second to remember where I was and what had just happened. I remember thinking, "oh yeah, that's right." My throat was sore, and swallowing hurt, but I could deal with the pain enough to eat. My head hurt from hitting it on the tree. It took a day 1/2 for the pain to go away.

At 3 am no one would of been there, but at 6:30 am it was getting light out. I had procrastinated wrapping all of my affairs, which is why I did it at that hour.

If I re-do, I'll attempt at 3 am when kids are sleepin

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mauve87, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, Crono and 1 other person
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
It's funny. I was mad at myself for not developing brain, neck, or spinal cord damage because I thought people would be mad at me for scaring them for no reason (I sent out goodbye letters, and emailed my landlord and the police. Phone was factory reset so I could not delete the emails), and think I had no suicidal intent and was just gesturing for attention.

Obviously I had lost my mind. I'm happy now I did not.

Well, I had already lost consciousness. I blacked out and thought, "this is it" and felt no physical sensations. I saw white spots, felt peaceful, then thought I was watching a movie about a girl hanging herself, complete with a narrator.

When I fell, it took me a second to remember where I was and what had just happened. I remember thinking, "oh yeah, that's right." My throat was sore, and swallowing hurt, but I could deal with the pain enough to eat. My head hurt from hitting it on the tree. It took a day 1/2 for the pain to go away.

At 3 am no one would of been there, but at 6:30 am it was getting light out. I had procrastinated wrapping all of my affairs, which is why I did it at that hour.

If I re-do, I'll attempt at 3 am when kids are sleepin
If I needed to prove that it was a real attempt, I would personally show the marks on the neck, I would disperse the brain damage... In fact, no one should need to 'prove' that they are suicidal.

From what you described, it seems peaceful, despite everything, the difficult part is starting the process, or, if it fails, dealing with the consequences later. The biggest problem is being interrupted by someone, be careful. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloud Busting and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023

During my last attempt, I also disposed of 99% of my possessions and said and did a lot of embarrassing things only to survive and have to live with the consequences of that so I can somewhat understand you. I'm glad you're ok though <333

Reactions: Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
If I needed to prove that it was a real attempt, I would personally show the marks on the neck, I would disperse the brain damage... In fact, no one should need to 'prove' that they are suicidal.
It's faded but the mark is still there and I attempted august 28th. Fortunately it's no longer obvious what it's from.

It's controversial to say but parasuicides for attention are a thing. I understand that those crying out for help obviously need it, but I'm still bitter that my mom put me through that when I was 13. She loudly declared she had drank a bottle of vodka and swallowed her pills and barricaded her door with her bed. She came out immediately once the cops and paramedics arrived. She herself has admitted she had no intent to die. Maybe I'm a bad person but I wish she wouldn't have put me and my gran through that, especially because she verbally abused us on the phone when her stomach was getting pumped.

I myself have gestured as a cry for help in my teens. This was my first serious suicide attempt with the intent to die. The only reason I changed my mind is realizing my reasons for CTB weren't as sound as I initially thought. Most know I meant it, but one patient in the looney bin said if I really wanted to die, it would have worked. She herself was on suicide watch so idk why I took her personally.

From what you described, it seems peaceful, despite everything, the difficult part is starting the process, or, if it fails, dealing with the consequences later.
I gasped for breath, which was uncomfortable, but otherwise I lost consciousness very quickly and it was pure peace once that happened. I used a cotton rope, which prevented cutting my neck. It'd be more painful if I used hemp or parachord I'd think. I was in a lot of pain after the attempt however.

Brain, neck, and spinal cord damage is always a risk so I urge anyone to take precaution and test the ligature and anchor point before trying. That was my failure. That I had no serious damage was a miracle and I'm very lucky.

Dealing with the consequences has been very hard but that I know it would of been a mistake for me is why I'm carrying on.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Thank you for listening.

It is such a shame that the conventional conservative, pro-life suicide prevention model discourages an honest discourse on suicidal ideation and attempts for fear of copycats and contagion. Speaking the truth preventions alienation, which is a factor in CTB.

During my last attempt, I also disposed of 99% of my possessions and said and did a lot of embarrassing things only to survive and have to live with the consequences of that so I can somewhat understand you. I'm glad you're ok though <333
I'm a member of the wildflower alliance discord and have spoken to two people who did the same thing. I met someone in the hospital who factory reset their phone and still failed. You're never alone.

How are you living/coping with the consequences? It's so difficult I find myself on the verge of wanting to give up almost daily.

• Hugs
Reactions: corazon and Crono
R

release_me

Sep 18, 2023

That is sad ! Do you regret you failed ?

• Love
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
That is sad ! Do you regret you failed ?
At first, absolutely. It was either voluntary or state hold so I chose voluntary. I was going to discharge on my third day and repurchase the rope as I left it in the park as I know how to succeed next time.

However I had an epiphany while having a panic attack that while I could not live like this anymore, was I sure ctb was the only solution?

I called my sister and she said I would be a bigger burden if I died than if I were to live while suffering, as I believed I had to ctb to stop bringing people down. Knowing my logic was faulty is why I'm holding off for now.

It's hard for sure. I know if I can't recover, ctb is there for me. But I'm going to try.

R

release_me

Sep 18, 2023
At first, absolutely. It was either voluntary or state hold so I chose voluntary. I was going to discharge on my third day and repurchase the rope as I left it in the park as I know how to succeed next time.

However I had an epiphany while having a panic attack that while I could not live like this anymore, was I sure ctb was the only solution?

I called my sister and she said I would be a bigger burden if I died than if I were to live while suffering, as I believed I had to ctb to stop bringing people down. Knowing my logic was faulty is why I'm holding off for now.

It's hard for sure. I know if I can't recover, ctb is there for me. But I'm going to try.
Thank you for being candid. How do you even gather courage to wake up from sleep and go about the day's affairs? Where/what is your motivation?

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Thank you for being candid. How do you even gather courage to wake up from sleep and go about the day's affairs? Where/what is your motivation?
My motivation is that my reasons for ctb were wrong. People I'm close to confirmed this. I'm not a bad person, or a burden, or whatever I believed before I tied that noose.

I re-gained a love for working out in the psych ward and that's been helping me. I'm gonna get sexy and strong and feel good. Is it all for nothing? Oh 100% it means nothing. Everything is meaningless. But isn't it better to die happy than depressed?

My fear is I'll never be happy, and if that's the case, ctb is my only option. That's very comforting to know. But I'm worth it damn it. Life is pointless and incredibly cruel and I never chose to be here. And how sad is it to succumb out of defeat? I'm living out of spite damn it.

Unless depression doesn't kill me. It almost did.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: corazon
R

release_me

Sep 18, 2023
My motivation is that my reasons for ctb was wrong. People I'm close to confirmed this. I'm not a bad person, or a burden, or whatever I believed before I tied that noose.

I re-gained a love for working out in the psych ward and that's been helping me. I'm gonna get sexy and strong and feel good. Is it all for nothing? Oh 100% it means nothing. Everything is meaningless. But isn't it better to die happy than depressed?

My fear is I'll never be happy, and if that's the case, ctb is my only option. That's very comforting to know. But I'm worth it damn it. Life is pointless and incredibly cruel and I never chose to be here. And how sad is it to succumb out of feat? I'm living out of spite damn it.

Unless depression doesn't kill me. It almost did.
Oh that's deep.... am glad you've found your reasons to live and give up on ctb .... have a good one ☺️

• Love
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
It's faded but the mark is still there and I attempted august 28th. Fortunately it's no longer obvious what it's from.

It's controversial to say but parasuicides for attention are a thing. I understand that those crying out for help obviously need it, but I'm still bitter that my mom put me through that when I was 13. She loudly declared she had drank a bottle of vodka and swallowed her pills and barricaded her door with her bed. She came out immediately once the cops and paramedics arrived. She herself has admitted she had no intent to die. Maybe I'm a bad person but I wish she wouldn't have put me and my gran through that, especially because she verbally abused us on the phone when her stomach was getting pumped.

I myself have gestured as a cry for help in my teens. This was my first serious suicide attempt with the intent to die. The only reason I changed my mind is realizing my reasons for CTB weren't as sound as I initially thought. Most know I meant it, but one patient in the looney bin said if I really wanted to die, it would have worked. She herself was on suicide watch so idk why I took her personally.
I imagine how dramatic this situation must have been, especially for a child. Your mother needed help, but I think she could have gotten it through other means, mainly to avoid psychological consequences for you. I think people wouldn't do things like this if suicide wasn't a hidden theme.

I gasped for breath, which was uncomfortable, but otherwise I lost consciousness very quickly and it was pure peace once that happened. I used a cotton rope, which prevented cutting my neck. It'd be more painful if I used hemp or parachord I'd think. I was in a lot of pain after the attempt however.

Brain, neck, and spinal cord damage is always a risk so I urge anyone to take precaution and test the ligature and anchor point before trying. That was my failure. That I had no serious damage was a miracle and I'm very lucky.

Dealing with the consequences has been very hard but that I know it would of been a mistake for me is why I'm carrying on.
I think the problem with breathing is very difficult to avoid, with all the weight of the body concentrated on a rope in the throat, but at least the unconsciousness is quick.

Thank you for listening.

It is such a shame that the conventional conservative, pro-life suicide prevention model discourages an honest discourse on suicidal ideation and attempts for fear of copycats and contagion. Speaking the truth preventions alienation, which is a factor in CTB.
I agree. They don't realize that making suicide a hidden topic only makes things worse. and it's even worse because suicidal people have to do everything secretly and most die in total loneliness, with nothing but fear. and they need to try risky and dangerous methods.

• Love
Reactions: corazon and Cloud Busting