destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Experienced
Feb 16, 2024
I'm curious to know since there are many here who are in recovery. I'm still suicidal but not 24/7 suicidal like it used to be. I want to ask what has helped you guys keep urselves distracted

• Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and Hero Remeer
Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
Working helps me a lot. I'm retired and just do a part-time job, but it's a great distraction from suffering. I also find this forum to be a good distraction, which is odd because everyone's always talking about suicide. But I think it really just helps to be able to vent, and maybe help someone else who is also suffering.

Reactions: forgottenfantasywrt and Hero Remeer
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Podcasts. Call it unhealthy but I pretty much constantly have one on in the background.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Hobby.

Finding the right hobby takes a bit of time, but indulging in it, meeting others who have a similar interest, and talking and growing from it can build a purpose.

This can be anything from a series (book, manga, television, web series), a videogame, or even something simple like crochet or knitting.

The answer is more long tern than short term, but it's a good starting point if you're looking for recovery.

Also, getting a job that actually cares for its employees. I work a really good retail job, but it's a matter of research and luck. Decent distraction, gives a reason to get up in the morning, and of course, money.