KrowaKovsky

KrowaKovsky

i dunno what to put here
Feb 22, 2023
When one of my cats gets really really happy he'll puff up his tail, on top of standing over me at 3 in the morning drooling because he's so happy to be on the bed.

My other cat will stand by the front door, look at the ethernet cables and scream at them until someone picks him up so he can see the top of the door edging where they are running. This will happen every day at exactly 5pm without fail.

They are so dumb, I love them.

And thinking about these things got me wondering, do other people's pets do really silly things?

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: corazon, stilldreaming, rationaltake and 8 others
Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
One of my cats likes to chew on bugs. in the summer months there bugs can find their way in our house and my cat likes to toss them around, chew on their shell a little and then leave it there. i first noticed this the spring after we adopted her 2 years ago. she never eats them.
she also claws at my door at 11 PM every day, and comes in and expects me to leave my chair so she can sit in it. i've tried putting her on my bed or on a pillow but she never wants to sit there and will always try to go back to my chair.

my other cat sleeps a lot but she's scared of balloons and bubbles, i think she is overcoming the fear though because when my other cat plays with bubbles she will stand and watch.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake, Twntysix, cgrtt.brns and 4 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I have hamsters, i have one who loves to climb to my shoulder sit and scream at me as shes scared of heights, climb back to a safe height, nips me in frustration (never drawers blood) climbs back up... Rinse and repeat the daft little shit.

• Yay!
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: corazon, stilldreaming, rationaltake and 6 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My family used to have a dog that loved dressing up. They kept a box with things like scarves, hats, plastic sunglasses in and it would get crazy excited when anyone went near it. Then it would sit patiently while it was being 'clothed'.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: corazon, fwompie, stilldreaming and 7 others
dogbreath

dogbreath

Youre not even in the hole, are you?
Feb 13, 2023
my cat loves to run into blankets. he would be across the room, see my blanket, and proceed to run and bury himself underneath it. He also really likes cuddling with my dog but after cuddling he would smack my dog in the face. love that guy so much.

• Love
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: stilldreaming, rationaltake, Soulless Angel and 4 others
Sapphire

Sapphire

Student
Nov 22, 2022
Years ago I had a cat who used to follow me into the kitchen every morning. He used to drag his food bowl to the middle of the floor and sit next to it while I was making the coffee. Then he would start meowing loudly until I fed him.

My other cat used to hide when I turned on the vacuum cleaner. As soon as I turned it off, he would charge the vacuum cleaner and wrestle it to the ground. He did this every time I used the vacuum for the first couple of years of his life. Now he is too old and just growls at it.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: fwompie, stilldreaming, rationaltake and 3 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
He used to drag his food bowl to the middle of the floor and sit next to it while I was making the coffee. Then he would start meowing loudly until I fed him.
at first I assumed the cat would do this in order to enjoy breakfast/morning coffee with you but then I read the next sentence haha

• Yay!
Reactions: アホペンギン, stilldreaming, rationaltake and 1 other person
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
My family used to have a dog that loved dressing up. They kept a box with things like scarves, hats, plastic sunglasses in and it would get crazy excited when anyone went near it. Then it would sit patiently while it was being 'clothed'.
We had family doggies (brothers) like that, we assumed it was because of the attention. If you tried to put (eg) a hat on one brother, the other one would nudge him outta the way to put his head under the heat! Bandanas, sunglasses, clothing......they loved them so much 🥲

My little kitty friend has developed with me a particular routine to go from upstairs to downstairs to eat. He needs to go down the stairs in a certain way (first have some scritches, then he'll 'set' himself up at the top of the stairs, and you are supposed to start walking down first, so that he can then run past you), walk into the kitchen a certain way (touch the doorframe on the left, then the door on the right), and walk through the kitchen, all while being petted. (if you stop petting him, he'll stop walking and stand there, waiting patiently for you to catch up to him, going down the stairs is the only time you're not expected to scritch him, though you must resume at the bottom of the stairs)

He also needs to announce himself when he comes inside, and needs to be spoken to and petted.

If you stop petting him, and he's not done being petted, he'll yawn. He'll also keep yawning occasionally whilst petting him. So, you must keep petting him until he's done - no more yawns, and he starts grooming himself. Then you may go 😸

Love my little neurotic guy so much! 😻

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KrowaKovsky, rationaltake, fwompie and 1 other person
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
My cat makes duck-like sounds when he's excited to see someone.

He also announces with a meow when he's going to do something he's not allowed to like jumping on the counter. He's generally very polite and sticks to the rules but he gets so curious about what's one there. It feels like "hello! I'm going to do something bad now but I can't help myself, come get me".

• Love
Reactions: KrowaKovsky and rationaltake
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
My cat tries to kiss people by biting their lips

• Yay!
Reactions: psp3000 and KrowaKovsky
sp4rk

sp4rk

i am gamer >:3
Aug 9, 2023
It isn't weird but I do find it funny. If I am doing anything outside of my room such as washing the dishes or watching tv, my cat will become very affectionate rubbing against my leg and such until I get up to follow her. She then leads me to the front door because she wants to go out. Unfortunately, she can't go out at night since my family and I sleep and have no way of letting her back in since we are heavy sleepers.