T

throwaway228

Sep 24, 2024
What are some ways you have hinted to others that you were seriously considering suicide? or what are some ways i can maybe approach the subject without too much concern?

bitofftoomuch

bitofftoomuch

hold onto those who accept your messy self
Jul 1, 2024
say you shouldn't be alone tonight, and if they take that as a cue to hang out with you and comfort you, you can bring it up then.

hoodymend

hoodymend

Jun 24, 2024
Any way of hinting can put plans at risk. Unless you kind of want to be "helped", which is fine

Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
You are considering (but not actively seeking) suicide and want help without making people very worried, is it? Not gonna lie, it is best to say right away to some adult (friend or parent for example) you are thinking of "hurting yourself" but didn't reach the point of ctb and need help.

Now if you just want to hint so the person will not be very surprised when you ctb or just warn them that "it is coming", I don't think there is a easy way to say that without making people worried.

Just please don't do this to a child, it is extremely traumatizing (I speak based on my own experience).

cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
imo this never has worked for me. if you lightly hint at it, it comes off more unsettling and disingenuous, and often you don't get any help and just a cringed reaction. if you hint at it too strongly, you'll get reported & receive welfare checks out the blue. might as well just say it sincerely to actually get the help you desire.

note, im assuming you want help. if you're attempting, i don't see the point in this.

T

throwaway228

Sep 24, 2024
You are considering (but not actively seeking) suicide and want help without making people very worried, is it? Not gonna lie, it is best to say right away to some adult (friend or parent for example) you are thinking of "hurting yourself" but didn't reach the point of ctb and need help.

Now if you just want to hint so the person will not be very surprised when you ctb or just warn them that "it is coming", I don't think there is a easy way to say that without making people worried.

Just please don't do this to a child, it is extremely traumatizing (I speak based on my own experience).
i almost want to warn them or cry for help without seeming like i'm lying for attention, a lot of people don't believe me or think im joking but im at the point where in not anymore and i just want someone to listen and help
imo this never has worked for me. if you lightly hint at it, it comes off more unsettling and disingenuous, and often you don't get any help and just a cringed reaction. if you hint at it too strongly, you'll get reported & receive welfare checks out the blue. might as well just say it sincerely to actually get the help you desire.

note, im assuming you want help. if you're attempting, i don't see the point in this.
i live in a southern state so im afraid of what the experience would look like in an inpatient facility, i've heard mixed reviews

A

athiestjoe

Sep 24, 2024
If you want to be 'helped' or 'rescued' then there are many ways to do this (which is absolutely fine if that is what you want by the way!). For me, I do not plan to be making hints as I don't need a welfare check or get put in an instituion as I want to CTB and go peacefully without interference or worrying.

I hope you find whatever you are looking for and have serenity & peace.

• Love
Reactions: lynnschronicles
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A lot has been said already. Can the problem be solved? What makes you suicidal? What triggers suicidal thoughts? You can start working on the problem there.

L

legoshi

Sep 3, 2024
mentioned how I just want to go to sleep and never wake up again. I also mentioned how I don't care about dying and that life isn't enjoyable.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
I don't go to traditional therapy, but for exposure therapy for my severe OCD. When I first started, I tried to hint to him that I was dreading getting older and didn't wanna live until I was 80, trying to get a sense of if I could talk to him about any of this. He didn't make a connection at all. Now after 2 half assed attempts and a different therapist who I love, I feel this overwhelming need to unburden myself to someone and have no desire to do it to friends and family. As I've gotten more suicidal these past few months, I've made a few comments like I'd be happy if I died in my sleep tonight or maybe l'll have a heart attack soon.With my background, you would think she would take it a little more seriously but it's obvious that none of this is her wheelhouse. it's like she is the only one I want to talk to, but I don't want to be put inpatient So I tried to be careful with what I actually said.

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I just told my sibling at some point that people are too negative about it, it is something that makes sense in certain situations. Then she started calling me like every other day as I think she was worried. I didn't really mean to alert her actually but I think some people are quite attuned to statements like that, others wouldn't register it at all.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
i almost want to warn them or cry for help without seeming like i'm lying for attention, a lot of people don't believe me or think im joking but im at the point where in not anymore and i just want someone to listen and help

i live in a southern state so im afraid of what the experience would look like in an inpatient facility, i've heard mixed reviews

I think you should ask the person (or people) to have a serious talk and tell them how you feel ("depressed" for example, Idk what is causing you to feel like doing suicide) and also that you are struggling. Tell them you are desperate for someone to listen to you and help you. I highly suggest seeking a mental health professional if you have access/can afford or if seek if your city or some organization there offer psychological treatment.

Wish you good luck and hope you feel better soon!

R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
Never worked for me...I tried hinting and basically got told "stop with this nonesense if you wanna say something say it"...then when I did bring it up "you are sick, find a doctor and dont talk to me ever again"...blocked....I knew it would end like that. Everyone assumes that you're just attention whoring and trying to manipulate them...well I guess thats life, some people cry wolf and it ends up being the rule rather than the exception.