Ms.Melancholy

Ms.Melancholy

I used to be indifferent, now I just wanna go home
Sep 5, 2024
Hello everyone,

I've had two "attempts" to CTB by full suspension hanging, in a forest, fairly recently: both climaxed in me sitting on the branch with the noose around my neck, but unable to jump despite being pretty certain I wouldn't have survived.
As soon as I set everything up, got up into the tree, I would grab onto this other branch, hold onto it for dear life, and fear that I might fall... even if before that I really wished for it.
I've also realized that having my phone on me allowed me to call for help and procrastinate (as usual), so leaving it behind / discarding it might help my chances of succeeding.
Perhaps my problem is that I'm just not certain enough yet, but my question stands.

What are some (preferably easy to obtain / accomplish) ways in which one could pass out and just let gravity make it final?

Alcohol (consumed mostly just before the attempt, after setup is complete) comes first to mind, any others?

Last edited:
Reactions: Plentiful_Despair
TraumaEscapee:)

TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
I have the same problem, fear of letting go. I've not tried from a tree yet. Just a door, bar ect

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
Interested as well. Although I would not jump down but simply hang and compress my carotid arteries.

Reactions: RueTheRavenPrincess
Ww42

Ww42

Experienced
Feb 24, 2024
I dont think you're 100% certain you want to die. Ans thats okay, give it time. Really think things out about if you truly are looking for this as your answrr

Reactions: z.szzh and failure33object
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Suicide is a complex situation were at least two contadictory forces fight against each other: The survival instinct against the reasons why you want to die. Only when your reasons to die are stronger than your survival instinct you will be able to kill yourself. This is at least my experience. It has not so much to do with the method. Even when are about to be euthanasied in Switzerland, you will stop the process.

Reactions: Jarni and finallydone
B

blackjack711

Sep 8, 2024
Well, that depends on what you're looking for. If you are totally certain death is what you seek, I'd recommend getting some Xanax or ketamine and taking it a bit before you go to CTB. It'll have you numbed up enough so that you wouldn't care if someone had a gun to your head. As a bonus addiction isn't a worry since you'll only take it once.

Reactions: Ms.Melancholy
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
when soldiers go to war they use drugs that increase courage. I don't know what they are called and if they can be found. Maybe someone can help?

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
when soldiers go to war they use drugs that increase courage. I don't know what they are called and if they can be found. Maybe someone can help?
During WW2 the Germans used Pervitin (Methamphetamin) which is similar to Crystal Meth and the Russians used wodka. Another method is drill, what allows you to act under stress mecanically like a robot without thinking. The belief in Valhalla was also a strong motivator. But nobody wants soldiers to commit suicide prior to the fight.

Last edited:
A

athiestjoe

Sep 24, 2024
I plan to use a little bit of benzos but not enough that I can't function or risk messing up.