Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Environmental

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Feels like I'm stressed on just about everything in my life. Vacation is stressful, relaxing is stressful, life is stressful, and even suicide is stressful. What are some of your stress triggers?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, not4us, LifeQuitter2018 and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Simply just existing. I find even doing the most basic tasks stressful. There is no escape from your thoughts and your mind can torture you. There is no peace in this life.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, Joplin, puppet_nihilist and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Aside from health issues and financial woes it is noise. I live in a large apartment building and people are constantly making loud noises. The upstairs neighbors have a bunch of kids who jump and run around all day and night. The next door neighbors are always yelling and fighting.

Outside people are always blasting their annoying music and revving their car engines. I envy people who live in peace and quiet in their own stand alone houses. Being poor means exposure to constant stress and annoyance.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Joplin, gtrfvr and 4 others
lanax09

lanax09

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
being photographed or filmed really triggers me, and at this point I love the masks so much that I do get quite nervous when I don't wear one

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, FuneralCry, Symbiote and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Aside from health issues and financial woes it is noise. I live in a large apartment building and people are constantly making loud noises. The upstairs neighbors have a bunch of kids who jump and run around all day and night. The next door neighbors are always yelling and fighting.

Outside people are always blasting their annoying music and revving their car engines. I envy people who live in peace and quiet in their own stand alone houses. Being poor means exposure to constant stress and annoyance.
Totally forgot about environmental noise. Added that to the poll.

You can get land in the middle of nowhere with basic utilities hook-up and a small trailer for less than 10k dollars in parts of the western US.

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Relationships don't stress me because I have none. Money doesn't stress me because, even though we aren't rich, I can do whatever I want with almost everything I make and I've already saved enough to live for a few months and CTB in the end, it it doesn't work out. The thought of suicide brings me closure, not stress. The past is gone, humanity is marching to its doom, so these are simply out of my control. Noise can be bad, but nothing some loud music won't cover up.

Now we're left with society, living life, job, and family. I don't like my job, family has some boundary issues, living is hard and society doesn't make it any easier by threatening to remove our agency.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rabitfever, FuneralCry, Symbiote and 1 other person
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
It would be good for physical and psychological illnesses to be included (perhaps just listed as "illness" or "health"). I voted "my past" because trauma is a significant stressor for me, but my disabilities and chronic illnesses are major contributing factors too. I often wonder if I would be better equipped to navigate my complex PTSD if I didn't have to contend with constant chronic fatigue and pain.

That being said, pretty much every option here has been causing stress in some way. All aspects of being alive and conscious manage to elevate my stress levels.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, demuic, Rabitfever and 4 others
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
My living situation has me walking on broken glass every time I leave my room.
My grandma is showing signs of dementia and I can't imagine telling her that would go down well, but she's an overall awful person to be around.
She's constantly trying to dig into my personal information or criticizing me for my mental illness and invalidating its severity when she's done absolutely no research on it. But my mom does the same thing so maybe this is where she got it from. She too obviously has a mental disorder but took the route of religion and conspiracy theories instead of seeing a doctor. Its all pretty stressful when I cant escape it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joplin, demuic, puppet_nihilist and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
She too obviously has a mental disorder but took the route of religion and conspiracy theories instead of seeing a doctor.

Your mom sounds like my mom. She clearly has mental problems but hides behind religion and bizarre theories. As much as I hate to admit it I think I inherited my parents mental problems. My mom's anxiety and paranoia along with my dad's apathy and indifference.

Gee thanks parents for sharing with me the gift of life and its wonderful problems.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Symbiote, Joplin and puppet_nihilist
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
It would be good for physical and psychological illnesses to be included (perhaps just listed as "illness" or "health")
Yeah, that's a pretty glaring omission

Reactions: Symbiote and LastLoveLetter
vita min

vita min

May 20, 2021
There were definitely people who did wrong by me in the past, like seriously traumatized me for sure. I also probably inherited some mental illness genetically. But my own failures and bad decisions haunt me the most. I also feel every single day is stress, but I feel at fault for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Humanity, society and being forced to live this goddamn life!

• Hugs
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
My country and planet are under Zionist occupation . Large pools of looted Palestinian and Iraqi wealth are stored in London , New York, and Tel Aviv

I

I'm scared

Feb 16, 2021

Noise from outside drives me mad
I try not to react as I guess children need to play but the sound of squealing kids jumping on their trampolines gets me checking the weather hoping for rain

• Yay!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Symbiote and eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Noise from outside drives me mad
I try not to react as I guess children need to play but the sound of squealing kids jumping on their trampolines gets me checking the weather hoping for rain

Finally someone who understands. I get told that is just how apartment life is. So basically I am subjected to constant noise because I cannot afford to live somewhere else?

Life fucking sucks being poor. Just the amount of unnecessary bullshit you have to deal with because you don't have money is astounding.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Symbiote and demuic
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Honestly, when i seriously think about this one, i came to a conclusion that all of my problems, including huge levels of stress, depression, lack of self worth, social skills, constant anxiety and "suicidality", all have a single cause. It's all about how i look. Simple as that.

I'm not talking about monster level face or one eye or something, I've somehow managed to have few relationships and friends. But i always was standing out from others. Couldn't blend in enough. It was enough to cause a hell, in my school times, after school, etc. I was abused on daily basis. Beaten. Treated like worst from others, dehumanized like some kind of clown and never taken seriously. My voice was never heard. It still is like that today. It ruined my mind permanently. It affected my life on all levels. Worst shit is, i can still remember myself, my mental state before elementary school when i was OK inside with me. Now i am like dry husk in comparison, and i think i will never be able recover from that.

So, that is my main cause of stress. Sorry if i messed up my post language-wise. I'm bad English writer lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote and demuic
HopelessCookie

HopelessCookie

Jan 29, 2021
Tbh my job is the main one at the moment, lack of support and then getting my boss being angry at me when I make mistakes because of lack of time and no help, also the fact I rarely get even a full day off work each week and expected to work longer hours and then she wonders why I break down in tears regularly Then again whats to say when I get another job it will change? This is my 3rd job in 10 years and all 3 have gone the same way, I am the problem and every tiny mistake is picked up on to the point and I loose all confidence in myself to do anything. I'm not stressed as long as I don't do anything, see anyone or go anywhere can't say that's really living though.

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I would say the biggest ones right now all stem from myself and my own actions.

-Relationships, or lack of them, are destroying me because I've never had one. I guess I'm just too picky about who I fall in love with though but that literally cannot be changed which just adds increasingly to my need to end my life.
-Job. Subsequently, having no one to care about gives me no reason to try and look for a job even though everyone is telling me to get one. Yeah, becoming a wage slave or whatever is totally going to make me happier. I'm not motivated as much by money anyway. I just want love and I don't deserve it so I'm never going to get it without feeling like I'm cheating the world.
-The past is also affecting me because I can't let go of the mistakes I made because so many of them were made on purpose. It's my fault I'm in this state therefore it should be my right to kill the one responsible for putting me through all this suffering.

• Hugs
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Ain't got shit, can't do shit.