• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FairyHeart

FairyHeart

May 7, 2022
To help me not have a panic attack after taking SN. Alternatives that are OTC or easy to get a prescription for would be nice

Last edited:
Reactions: GentlyFading
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
Gabapentin

Reactions: Funeralprincess and FairyHeart
GentlyFading

GentlyFading

seasoned lurker (*ノωノ)ᵉᵉᵏ
Dec 28, 2021
Hmm okay so I don't know a lot of OTC. Maybe a first gen antihistamine like benadryl?

What I do know is that, when it comes to prescriptions, atypical anti-psychotics might be your best bet. If your metabolism and cholesterol are fine then it can be pretty easy to talk yourself into. Well...I can at least. I don't know your situation so take this with a grain of salt.

Olanzapine (get the generic of zyprexa zydis, the melt under your tongue version) at 5mg works almost instantly for my panic attacks. A good way to start a conversation with a prescriber and start with "I have been having panic attacks but I'm scared of getting addicted to benzodiazapines. An acquaintance of mine recommended Zyprexa to me. They take it as needed for their panic disorder."

The prescriber might recommend putting you on an antidepressant (likely an SSRI), and antihistamine (likely a first gen like hydroxizine/Vistaril) or a alpha blocker like propranolol. You can argue something on the lines of "Right now my panic attacks are worsening and are getting in the way of me getting in the way of me attending work/class/other commitments. I want a guaranteed short term fix as a PRN. I'm open to taking a daily medication like antidepressant/beta blocker in addition to this."

And yes this is a great way to get propranolol if you haven't already. Before I forget, olanzapine has anti-nausea properties to boot. I'm not sure what dosage/duration you need for it to be an anti-emetic though. It's becoming more popular to use off label ataround 5mg/daily to treat nausea/vomiting in people undergoing chemo.

@CTBgenuine 's rec is good too. I know vets sometimes prescribe gabapentin for plane trips if that helps at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: FairyHeart
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
You can't take benadryl because it interferes with metoclopramide

Reactions: FairyHeart