S

Sweetfa

Feb 17, 2020
I'm really into crystals, chakras, ho'oponopono, Huna, shamanism, sound healing, reiki, hypnotherapy, NLP, aromatherapy etc and just wondering what others thoughts are? It's about the only thing atm that gets me through each day. Does anyone else practice it themselves or go to someone who does?

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Chupacabra 44, MrBigSad and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
To me, the term 'holistic' should mean 'viewing things as a whole.' But often it doesn't. It tends to refer to complimentary medicine. I tried various things and they didn't work for me, though acupuncture was interesting.
They didn't work because I was drinking, getting no exercise and eating badly.
I prefer the term 'wholistic' which refers to trying to see every possible angle. So, in terms of treatment, it accepts medication as well as diet, exercise, supplementation, complimentary therapy and psychological manipulation.
We are complex creatures and I believe that a one dimensional approach to health is invariably doomed to failure.
I see complimentary holistic treatments as potentially having some value as part of a more wholistic regime that incorporates treatments that effect the whole person.

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44, XYZ, purplesmoothie and 1 other person
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Huh I'm not sure if I can explain well but I'll try. First I think placebo and the ability to reorganize your thoughts and change the way you view yourself on a physical level can be a very powerful thing. I think in conventional medicine there's not enough implicit trust in the patient, there's that teacher/student type dynamic that's everywhere in "society", and there's too little time or motive to get a precise read on what's going on. Sometimes it's physically impossible and it's probably a strain on any physician because at the end of the day they can't feel what you're feeling. Outside of bona fide tests there's a lot of guesswork. But to even get to the point where those tests are conducted there's a lot of eyeballing and imperfect communication to get through.

I might seem like I hate conventional medicine, I don't, it's just humanly flawed.

What I like about holistic medicine is how it focuses on familiarizing yourself with your own body, trusting yourself, and going past the parent/child-type relationship of conventional medicine. Do I think crystals and herbs have magical properties? No, though some herbs contain medicinal chemicals. Do I think chakras are real? No. But if you're someone who sincerely believes in crystal healing I would not be surprised if using crystals tricks the body into engaging self repair mechanisms that operate with a level of precision a conscious human mind cannot, at least not without exhaustive effort.

It's not gonna save you when shit really hits the fan and medical intervention is absolutely necessary, and so I'm not the type who would abandon conventional medicine completely, but I think it can be useful as long as you're aware of what's really going on.

Reactions: XYZ and Deleted member 1465
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I'm really into crystals, chakras, ho'oponopono, Huna, shamanism, sound healing, reiki, hypnotherapy, NLP, aromatherapy etc and just wondering what others thoughts are? It's about the only thing atm that gets me through each day. Does anyone else practice it themselves or go to someone who does?
Every time I hear about holistic therapy I remember Dr. Teresa sievers. who was murdered by her ugly husband. RIP beautiful lady xx

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
It's all placebo. But placebos are very powerful.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog and XYZ
S

Sweetfa

Feb 17, 2020
I would agree to both of the opinions above me to a certain extent, I know in an emergency, crystals won't save me, but pharmaceuticals have been unhelpful for me for many years whilst alternative therapies have been helpful. I think pharmaceuticals are going to be helpful to some as we are all different and of course in certain situations even for me too. Yes holistic should mean using all available methods together, in their place.

I don't trust the general medical world, Doctors and pharmaceuticals for the most part but there are times I still need to rely on that world.
I think some is placebo, I think other is not, ie when we play upbeat music, we get energised as our frequency tries to match, when we play calm music, our heart rate will slow etc, matching frequencies.

Aromatherapy works in a similar manner in that our olfactory system is like a bridge to the subconscious mind and we match the frequencies, which is why excitable fragrances can freshen us and liven us, such as citrus whilst lavender will help to calm us or rosemary might focus us and help with studying.

Colours can work similarly too, with certain tones of colour creating a calm feeling and others giving us a spike in energy.

Its all frequency, and crystals work in a similar manner as do words, symbols etc..

I would use certain tone of voice for example to hypnotise and then use particular wording to connect to specific things in your life that you have strong thoughts or feelings towards, coming to your frequency and then adjusting to a higher frequency as the script changes for where you want to be.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9 and Deleted member 17331