rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I know you can follow people on here. And is there a particular etiquette involved?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If you follow someone, I do not really think it means anything.

Reactions: Shadowplay, Manaaja and rationaltake
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
It can be used as a way to initiate a conversation with someone: If they follow you back that may mean that you both like each other and can start talking. That way you can avoid that awkward moment that appears when you talk for a while with someone and then realize you don't really like and/or relate to each other and you're both unsure how to end the chat without being rude. Beware though, there are some who just follow back everyone who follows them.

Last edited:
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
It can be used as a way to initiate a conversation with someone: If they follow you back that may mean that you both like each other and can start talking. That way you can avoid that awkward moment when you talk for a while with someone and then figure out you don't really like and/or relate to each other. Beware though, there are some who just follow back everyone who follows them.
Thanks. That makes sense.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
It allows you to control who can start a private conversation with you or send you a direct message. I think it's a very useful setting. You can choose if anyone can pm you, if no one can pm you, or if only people you follow can do it.

You can find the setting if you click on "Your account"

• Informative
Reactions: Broadland, justsayin, Manaaja and 1 other person
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
It allows you to control who can start a private conversation with you or send you a direct message. I think it's a very useful setting. You can choose if anyone can pm you, if no one can pm you, or if only people you follow can do it.

You can find the setting if you click on "Your account"
Thanks. That's really helpful.

Reactions: Callie Arcale
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Everyone follow me for updates on my personal well being

Reactions: rationaltake
cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
Everyone follow me for updates on my personal well being
I do check in on you now and then

Oh and I don't hate you, so that's another to tick off of the list

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
if you go to "What's New" under the Forums drop down menu, there's a tab labelled "news feed" that shows only activity of people you follow 🙂

Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
It's very pragmatic if you're one for privacy. There are privacy settings where only people that you follow can interact with your profile.

Also, I just discovered there is a "news feed" where you can see what everyone you're following is doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake and Manaaja
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
if you go to "What's New" under the Forums drop down menu, there's a tab labelled "news feed" that shows only activity of people you follow 🙂
Thanks. It's beginning to make sense now.
It's very pragmatic if you're one for privacy. There are privacy settings where only people that you follow can interact with your profile.

Also, I just discovered there is a "news feed" where you can see what everyone you're following is doing.
Thanks. I'm off to look at all this now.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I follow people who I know by PMs, by interacting here or in games , or when they write intelligent stuff.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I have like 40 of these people following me and monitoring my every move. I am considering reporting every one of them!

• Yay!
Reactions: justsayin, rationalis, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I have like 40 of these people following me and monitoring my every move. I am considering reporting every one of them!
I'm blocking everyone who "follows" me, l think in light of recent events this is a necessary caution and l would advise others users to do the same.

• Yay!
Reactions: justsayin, Angst Filled Fuck Up and rationaltake
cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
I have limited my profile which I don't like to do but can't see who is following me…

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Oh I did not know that. I thought they would get a message everytime I post. I was a bit hesitant due to privacy. But this okay.
How can I look it up?
I think I found it. 12. But that is okay. Jesus had 13 didn't he? I don't need a traitor.

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm blocking everyone who "follows" me, l think in light of recent events this is a necessary caution and l would advise others users to do the same.
Oh I was just mucking around, which events do you mean?

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
I have limited my profile which I don't like to do but can't see who is following me…

On the profile page you have Profile posts, Latest activity, Postings, and About. Followers are in the About part.