K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
So, here's the deal...

The governments of our various countries do so much to attempt to stop suicide, supposedly. They leave open the ability to have you sectioned and placed under a hold. In some places they allow police to perform "wellness checks" on you. They pass laws to make access to guns harder sometimes (which also has other reasons, to be fair). They try to limit access to certain tools of suicide and shit like that.

All of those things are aimed at just preventing you from taking the final step though. They do absolutely NOTHING to address the underlying reason for wanting to end things.

Obviously people's situations are different. In some cases there may be little that "the system" can even do to help. But for plenty of people it definitely could've.

I know of people who've killed themselves cuz they were in a situation where they couldn't work but also couldn't get assistance to live. Or they live with their abusive parents but don't have the money to move. Or, in my case, have severe mental health problems but cannot afford the therapy they need to get better.

If you made psychological healthcare free and you made sure people could get the assistance in their life to move out of their parents' abusive home into social housing or had enough assistance to get on their feet, etc. then you would actually be taking away the REASONS why people want to kill themselves. You could actually be making them feel better and making them want to live.

Instead the system both allows you to descend into ultimate suffering and then when you try to solve that problem yourself in the only way you think you can, they try to take that away form you too.

It's a sick and civilization-wide game of "stop hitting yourself."

• Hugs
Reactions: rosenwasser, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Well said! I Agree with that.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and KafkaF
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I completely agree.
They want to keep us alive ( to continue suffering by living ).
Yet have zero intentions of doing anything to help us.
Sadistic control freaks the lot of them.

Reactions: KafkaF and NumbItAll