WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Who am I really ?
I'm not my body, because the body is just a sack of chemicals powered by its own electrical impulses.
The lungs breathe and the heart beats on their own automatically as well as many other functions without any help from " ME "whatsoever.
I'm not a soul because I never remembered being alive before I was born, and even if I was an eternal soul then I would be a super intelligent all knowing being.
As a baby I was a blank page with no real self - awareness or knowledge of anything.
The thing that is " ME " is just a collection of ideas, opinions and perceptions that have grown over the years and stored in a physical lump of flesh called a brain .
So who am I really, does the thing that I perceive as " ME " really exist ?

Reactions: voyager, Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep and 3 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
If someone wiped our brains we would be no one. It just goes away like that. Like a story deleted in some notepad.

The fact that substances can influence human behaviour shows how robotic we really are.

Reactions: voyager, Forever Sleep and WAITING TO DIE
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
ChatGPT soon will have the same question... maybe she will be able to answer

Reactions: tiger b, LoiteringClouds and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
If someone wiped our brains we would be no one. It just goes away like that. Like a story deleted in some notepad.

The fact that substances can influence human behaviour shows how robotic we really are.
True : the brain is just a biological hard drive.
I wish someone would invent a data wiping device for the brain that removed all the data that causes suffering.

Reactions: R_N
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
My brain got wiped when I was 16 from a combo of meds and illegal drugs. Who I was just dissolved and my mind was completely blank. It's hard to describe the last three decades, but basically everyday I question who I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, tiger b, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
My brain got wiped when I was 16 from a combo of meds and illegal drugs. Who I was just dissolved and my mind was completely blank. It's hard to describe the last three decades, but basically everyday I question who I am.
Some people experience a permanent ego death after taking things such as acid. Is this a similiar experience to yours ?
I experienced depersonalisation for months after smoking an insane amount of weed, I lost my sense of who, or what I was.
So sorry you're going through your experience, especially for so long. It sounds like a waking nightmare.

Last edited:
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Some people experience a permanent ego death after taking things such as acid. Is this a similiar experience to yours ?
I experienced depersonalisation for months after smoking an insane amount of weed, I lost my sense of who, or what I was.
So sorry you're going through your experience, especially for so long. It sounds like a waking nightmare.
Yeah it's probably similar, I smoked weed daily and did acid at least 30 times from ages 14-16. I was prescribed Accutane for acne and while I was on it I tripped,smoked and took some codeine. Shortly after that all this started. The only way I'm still alive is from the support of my mom. I've had ups and downs but overall it hasn't been worth it. Wish I would've ctb at 16.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager, R_N and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yeah it's probably similar, I smoked weed daily and did acid at least 30 times from ages 14-16. I was prescribed Accutane for acne and while I was on it I tripped,smoked and took some codeine. Shortly after that all this started. The only way I'm still alive is from the support of my mom. I've had ups and downs but overall it hasn't been worth it. Wish I would've ctb at 16.
I'm sorry this happened to you. These weird brain experiences are dreadful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollowman
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Neurological impulses in the brainstem, obviously. Almost all animals are (or at least all mammals, reptiles, amphibians and birds).
Not to be confused with subconsciousness, however, which isn't animate and is where one's memories are stored.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think we're all simply beings experiencing this point in time according to how our brains and bodies interpret it. Our sense of self is the combination of our genetics and our life experience to date. I guess we're pretty much our brains though. When they did awful experiments and lobotomies back in the day- people would change when their brains were mucked about with. Even a stroke can change a person's personality.

Reactions: voyager, R_N and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I think we're all simply beings experiencing this point in time according to how our brains and bodies interpret it. Our sense of self is the combination of our genetics and our life experience to date. I guess we're pretty much our brains though. When they did awful experiments and lobotomies back in the day- people would change when their brains were mucked about with. Even a stroke can change a person's personality.
True.
This is one of the reasons I don't believe that we have souls.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman and Forever Sleep
S

scared:bug

Mar 8, 2023
i am not sure there is a "me". it is interesting to consider- what is the thing making up the "me"? what is behind "me"? i think maybe, because the mind conceptualise the "me", to experience not "me", behind "me" is not possible through thinking or understanding with the "mind". but by something else.
i often feel like i am not a person but that i am alien from outer space. this is maybe not true. i also dont think it is true that i am whatever person, human, identity, that i claim to be in this world, around people, walking down a street, renting an apartment, gettin groceries, whatever whatever.... when i have the most authentic-feeling experience, the "person, human, identity" is far far far away. but it is probably necessary to have person-human-me to make my way around the world, have a job, buy cat food, pet the cat. sometimes i buy him toys as well.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Do you guys ever have moments when you seriously consider these things?

When I do I feel empty for a few seconds. It feels weird.