• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
camille

camille

Dec 7, 2018
Allah the Almighty says,
And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason [Qur`an 6: 151],
and,
And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful [Qur`an 4: 29].
Thabit Ibn Al-Dahak narrated that the Prophet [peace and blessings be upon him] said, "Whosoever kills himself with anything in this world will be tortured with it on the Day of Judgment."[1]
Definition of suicide
It is the act of killing oneself [intentionally].
The ruling on suicide
Suicide is prohibited in Islamic law according to evidence from the Qur`an, Sunna, and the consensus of Muslim scholars. A person who commits suicide commits a major sin, though this does not take him outside of Islam.
Washing, shrouding, and praying over a person who commits suicide
It is considered a fard kifaya [communal duty] upon Muslims to wash and shroud a person who commits suicide as well as to bury him in a Muslim cemetery. This is because he is a Muslim and is subject to the general rulings that apply to deceased Muslims. Shams Al-Din Al-Ramly cited in Nihayat al-Muhtaj that there is a unanimous agreement that washing, shrouding, and praying over a deceased and burying him are all considered fard kifaya. This is based on the command found in authentic transmissions pertaining to those who die either due to suicide or to other reasons.
Means of suicide
Active suicide: This means taking active steps to carry out a suicide. Examples include [among others], using a sword, spear, rifle, poison to kill oneself, jumping from great heights, throwing oneself in fire, and drowning.
Passive suicide: This means refraining from making an effort to stay alive. Examples include abstaining from food and drink, neglecting a treatable wound, staying motionless in water or fire, not trying to escape from an animal when one has the capacity to do so.
The ruling on committing suicide to avoid evil
It is impermissible to commit suicide to avoid evils such as rape and torture for instance. It is impermissible for a girl to commit suicide for fear of rape; she must defend herself against her attacker even if this means killing him. If she is killed in the process, she is considered a martyr because she died to defend her honor. The same applies to those who face humiliation and torture. They should resist their assailants and it is impermissible for them to commit suicide under the pretext that it is more honorable to kill themselves than to accept captivity and torture.
A Muslim is obligated to exercise patience at times of affliction and fight injustice to the best of his ability. He is not commanded to commit suicide to escape afflictions.
Allah the Almighty knows best.

[1] Included in the Sahih of Bukhari and the Sahih of Muslim.

Please give me any more advice from ISLAM...... ???

Reactions: OnlyMercy
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
And?

Reactions: Circles, LMFAO FOCKERS, inconsequential and 2 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Holy shit!

Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Circles and Egddios
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Who ?

Reactions: Deleted member 4288, littlelady774, Circles and 4 others
W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason [Qur`an 6: 151]
What is the interpretation of "except by [legal] right"?

KnightBlade

KnightBlade

Waiting for the last tear to fall...
May 23, 2019
So glad to be a nonbeliever. Whew!

Reactions: Scribble Fan, Deleted member 4288, Asta and 8 others
camille

camille

Dec 7, 2018
I am Muslim and I am asking other Muslims ... please advice on suicide

Reactions: OnlyMercy
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I am a sovereign being I need no one's permission to do what I want with myself including how I exit this reality thank you.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, Asta, The_big_b and 4 others
camille

camille

Dec 7, 2018
I am a sovereign being I need no one's permission to do what I want with myself including how I exit this reality thank you.

Nobody is sovereign. We are all connected and one. Allah the Almighty knows best.

Boonks

Boonks

Lowlife
Mar 2, 2019
Oh god. Basically Islam says if you kill yourself you burn in hell forever. What else do you need to know?

Reactions: blackballoon, nw7 and camille
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I wish we could ban religion from the forum tbh, it's just totally inappropriate for people in our situation. I think it's okay in a low-key sort of way, or discussing it through PM, but having this shit plastered all over the boards, I dunno.

Reactions: BrainShower, Scribble Fan, nw7 and 13 others
camille

camille

Dec 7, 2018
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 2:23:446

So --- maybe I did commit suicide before ? Because I feel like being in hell now and everyday stabbing myself. That is forever ? What to do for the one who commited suicide continues this in hell fire (forever) ? Is there any way out ???? PLEASE ADVICE. Maybe I understand now.

Last edited:
Boonks

Boonks

Lowlife
Mar 2, 2019
Wow. You gotta go.

Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Circles, LMFAO FOCKERS and 2 others
About_to_Go

About_to_Go

It deepens like a coastal shelf
Mar 20, 2018
I don't understand what you're looking for with this thread, @camille. You ask for advice about suicide from other Muslims but you seem to already know your religion's position on suicide. What is it that you're looking for?

Reactions: blackballoon, Thorn, nw7 and 9 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I very much doubt you'll find Islamic scholars or muslim theologians here. Perhaps you should consider posting this question on a forum dedictated to quran study and islam in general?

Even for a non-muslim it seems there's little to doubt here. Unlike in christianity there seems to be an actual prohibition against suicide in islam. If you believe Allah is real and the quran is the literal word of god it would seem to follow you can't CTB. Unless you want to renounce your faith.

As an atheist I assume gods do not exist and the so called holy books were written by men so for me the only elements that matter are my own conscience and reason aswell as the philosophical arguments advanced for and against. Obviously the situation is much more complicated for the religious.

I do think WaterUnder is right: it would be worth finding out what 'by legal right' means exactly. The Greek philosopher Socrates was also opposed to suicide (for a very religious reason: it would be like stealing from the gods) yet he drank the poison that was prestented to him as a form of capital punishment without hesitation which is still suicide in my book as he could have refused.

Reactions: blackballoon, Scribble Fan, nw7 and 3 others
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
This is part of brainwashing that whoever gods/religion/people etc. says you should never kill yourselves, it's games and tactics they use to misdirect and makes person denial and deluded,

basically they're saying that you should always suffer here in existence and should never exit suffering because I'm telling you what's best for you and if you do you'll suffer more, it's perfect weapon many use to brainwash

• Love
Reactions: Akaraine, Pisceslilith, nw7 and 2 others
camille

camille

Dec 7, 2018
I wish to find the way out of the hell I am now in - I do not wish stabbing myself forever - I desire to go to paradise. I wish to life my life as it was meant to be.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
I would suggest seeing a psychiatrist if you are not already seeing one... :aw:

• Love
Reactions: Scribble Fan, nw7, Deleted member 4288 and 6 others
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
Nobody is sovereign. We are all connected and one. Allah the Almighty knows best.
That is your cultural programming not mine I believe we are all sovereign I was not created (speaking spiritually not physically) I acknowledge your right to beLIEve what you want truly but I will not suffer lies about myself. I know who I am I don't need to be validated by something existential.
This is part of brainwashing that whoever gods/religion/people etc. says you should never kill yourselves, it's games and tactics they use to misdirect and makes person denial and deluded,

basically they're saying that you should always suffer here in existence and should never exit suffering because I'm telling you what's best for you and if you do you'll suffer more, it's perfect weapon many use to brainwash
This. you have soul right to do with yourself as you want this reality is tough(understatement) if you choose to exit CTB anything that tries to get to you by telling you you are wrong and you have to go back or whatever is trying to play you. Cultural programming from the beginning has really set that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: SinisterKid
D

durba1

Jun 5, 2019
The answer is simple, don't ever dare to kill yourself whatever the pain & the suffering you're in. But who knows, maybe in the future when you'll stop repeating those silly old verses like a parrot, then you'll realise that Allah isn't almighty & therefore he's just imaginary. Then it's possible for you to consider suicide.

Reactions: blackballoon and Faraway1990
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I wish to find the way out of the hell I am now in - I do not wish stabbing myself forever - I desire to go to paradise. I wish to life my life as it was meant to be.

I truly hope you will find that, I really do. I think we're all looking for the way out of the hell that is our lives. Nobody deserves to suffer so grievously.

Reactions: nw7, Deleted member 4288, camille and 3 others
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I am Muslim and I am asking other Muslims ... please advice on suicide

Sounds like you already got your answer then. If Allah is sovereign [in your life] why the hell ask anyone here if you claim the scriptures say its illegal?

EDIT: Maybe you should be posting this on a terrorism board. They could use it more than the masses here.

Last edited:
camille

camille

Dec 7, 2018
I wish we could ban religion from the forum tbh, it's just totally inappropriate for people in our situation. I think it's okay in a low-key sort of way, or discussing it through PM, but having this shit plastered all over the boards, I dunno.

For me, we should not ban religion which is --- spirituality --- in anyway. I am fortune to find here a forum where we can discuss and talk about this sadness and feelings without being judged or being harmed and further traumatised by psych wards.

You can not talk with a psychologist about these thinks freely as in the moment you talk with him, he has right to take legal actions and he has responsibility over you. If you talk about suicidal feelings, you may possibly harm yourself and can be forced to be injected harmful neuroleptics. Other forums may also not be so open.
I truly hope you will find that, I really do. I think we're all looking for the way out of the hell that is our lives. Nobody deserves to suffer so grievously.

Thank you much. I appreciate

Last edited:
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
For me, we should not ban religion which is --- spirituality --- in anyway. I am fortune to find here a forum where we can discuss and talk about this sadness and feelings without being judged or being harmed and further traumatised by psych wards.

You can not talk with a psychologist about these thinks freely as in the moment you talk with him, he has right to take legal actions and he has responsibility over you. If you talk about suicidal feelings, you may possibly harm yourself and can be forced to be injected harmful neuroleptics. Other forums may also not be so open.

Sounds like your psychiatrist has more sovereignty than Allah...too many contradictions here.

Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019

I feel that neuroleptics are needed in you case...I take them myself so I do not mean it in an offensive way... :aw:

Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Experienced
Jun 3, 2019
Allah is only one out of thousands of other self-proclaimed gods. I don't see why Allah, and not Thor or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, is the one true god. Probably because your parents raised you to be Muslim...?

Reactions: marcusuk63
camille

camille

Dec 7, 2018
This topic was meant for the muslims and everyone respecting -- Islam -- in this forum ---- in a constructive way. If you not feel the way and not care -- so why you feel offended -- you have your other kind of religion - be it atheist - in something you know/believe.

Please take some respect.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, laila888 and Meretlein
laila888

laila888

Jun 15, 2019

You can talk to us about these feelings openly, we can relate to you but as far as Allah is concered, you are in the wrong place. I think it is safe to assume that most of us here do not even believe in god.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, marcusuk63 and Faraway1990
Status
Not open for further replies.