When do you wish you had (successfully) CTB?

• I have no wish to CTB

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Child

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Preteen

• Young teen

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Mid teens

• Late teens

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Early adulthood

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Adulthood

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Older

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I had never been born

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
Inspired by this thread

Thought I'd make it a poll, so...

What age do you wish you would have CTB? Do you wish to at all? Or do you simply wish you were never born?

Feel free to reply to this thread with the exact number!

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
I would have liked to ctb as a newborn or infant exactly but that's not an option lol

• Hugs
Reactions: CTBookOfLife
P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
As horrific as my life has been, I can still appreciate small things amongst the horror. However, the last 10 years have been beyond inhumane, and I know I'll never be close to the same person again. But my breaking point should have been at 24.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTBookOfLife, EternalShore and voyager
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
at 18 years old i wish i'd ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Prime0 and CTBookOfLife
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I'm currently 20 years old and that's probably where my counter will end :). My birthday is in the middle of the year, so it is extremely unlikely that I will survive until then. However, if my situation were different, 35 years would be perfect. This is my personal maximum in terms of the age I would like to live to.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTBookOfLife and hevlalab
protector_iorek

protector_iorek

Sep 26, 2023
I wish I'd succeeded at my first attempt at age 22, but I'd been suicidal as early as my teens, so I put teens/early adulthood.

I'm now 32 and life is even more difficult and cruel thanks to the added burden of finances, job responsibilities, and trying to function as an adult.

I truly believe functioning as an adult is a privilege for healthy, non-abused people. Society is set up for the non-mentally-ill to thrive and the rest of us are struggling and suffering.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, CTBookOfLife, SmollMushroom and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Am 23 now, wish I had it when I was 12-16

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, CTBookOfLife and Nefer
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
The most ideal case is strangling myself when I was still inside the womb lol.
Or that time when I was 12, naive (with no fear of failure and consequences) and suicidal and decided to jump, but hesitated for literally a few seconds and lost my chance (got caught). I'm still thinking if it would be better if I jumped straight away...

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, CTBookOfLife and voyager
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Wrapped the umbilical cord around my neck.

Failing that 10.

Failing that 20.

Failing that a millisecond prior to any given moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTBookOfLife and voyager
Is0lated

Is0lated

2024/2025 Livestream
May 29, 2023
Inspired by this thread

What age do you wish you would have CTB? Do you wish to at all? Or do you simply wish you were never born?

• Hugs
Reactions: CTBookOfLife and Nefer
Nefer

Nefer

2025 Nov 19🤞
Mar 22, 2023
12-16 a young death

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and CTBookOfLife
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish I never existed in the first place, of course never existing will always be the best possibility, it's perfection not to be burdened with the ability to suffer so extremely in this cruel and meaningless existence, existence wasn't something desirable in the first place, only the peace of nothingness is. I believe the less time spent trapped in this existence the better.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Skathon, Seered Doom and 4 others
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
I tried to ctb at 9 nine and I wish it worked because my younger siblings would have been too young to realize what happened and my older siblings would have moved on from it by now but im glad I stayed alive for I have found my boyfriend but also I wish I died cuz he took his own life too
I tried to ctb at 9 nine and I wish it worked because my younger siblings would have been too young to realize what happened and my older siblings would have moved on from it by now but im glad I stayed alive for I have found my boyfriend but also I wish I died cuz he took his own life too

• Hugs
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I wish I did it at 15! >_< People would still care yet it was the beginning of the end for me! :((( ofc, I wouldn't have actually known to do it until 16 or 17, in which case, I'm they'd just count it as a casualty of Covid more than anything else! :/

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and CTBookOfLife
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
24/5. All my joy seems to have been over since then. Am 49 now. Half my life has been shit.

• Hugs
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Well, I'm 46 now and 30 years into a life sentence (metaphorical ofc), and ticked adulthood, because I certainly don't want to get any older. The first seven of this sentence were the worst, was ill, innocent and unprepared. The following seven bearable despite some horrible things (how the standards have changed). Ever since 2008 Anhedonia has been encroaching more and more, which seems to be a bottomless pit, tbh, and in 2018 an event led to the ultimate demise.

I could always enjoy the little things, and finding this forum in 2019 was certainly something I'm glad I didn't miss, as was playing RW/F/RDR2 (pathetic, really, but great advertising lol), but yeah, feel asthough I've pulled back the slingshot as far as it goes and should really let go.

• Hugs
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep and CTBookOfLife
S

saddavyd

Sep 18, 2023
11 years ago, when I was 48, 5 years before my son hanged himself, 4 years before my mum became lost to alzheimers, my dad died and my mother in law died of a brain tumour. Also when my mental health problems started.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, CTBookOfLife, avaruus and 1 other person
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I wish I was never born!

• Hugs
Reactions: CTBookOfLife, Skathon, sserafim and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I don't regret not ctb up until now. Now/soon is the right time.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTBookOfLife and Darkover
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Inspired by this thread

I wish I had not been born. I wish I had ctb at 17 or 18, maybe even younger. I'm planning on doing so before 25 though
I wish I either had been aborted or never conceived in the first place.
Same!

Last edited:
  • Hugs