Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I've read some news here and there where apparently a "wider and freer" euthanasia has been approved where you only have to fill in an application form, less hassle. I have read that more than 10,000 people agreed to it without having a disease, just because of financial problems or not having the will to live. I don't know to what extent this is the case.

disorder

disorder

Jan 10, 2023
i wish this happened in my country where euthanasia is also legal (however it is very stigmatised so therefore it is very difficult to get approved i guess) but i don't know the statistics as it was approved last year i think? i wish the right to die peacefully was an option to everyone i hate capitalism and forced productivity to a system that doesn't even work

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Euthanasia in Canada for the poor and the homeless is sensible policy. But what does the cause matter? People can decide how they want to live their lives so why can´t we determine the time of our own death? However, euthanasia should be a human right in all countries. The politicians should not have power over human euthanasia - it is my death and my choice.

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, Chronicoverwhelm, conarc and 1 other person
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
But what does the cause matter? People can decide how they want to live their lives so why can´t we determine the time of our own death? However, euthanasia should be a human right in all countries. The politicians should not have power over human euthanasia - it is my death and my choice.
I agree. Countries should follow what Canada has done. Recently "Sarco" was approved in Switzerland.

A

anonaon

Student
Feb 26, 2023
But what does the cause matter? People can decide how they want to live their lives so why can´t we determine the time of our own death?
I'm a strong advocate for maid and agree with you in the sense that peaceful dying should be a human right but it matters because not everyone who chooses maid WANTS to die. Instead, they are FORCED to die (as are we to live) because of financial instability. You shouldnt have to resort to killing yourself simply cuz u cant pay rent or afford food. Our government is shit so killing the poor and homeless is far easier to them than changing current socio-economic structures

Last edited:
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm and Zegers
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
You can apply for MAID but it doesn't mean they will let you die. The homeless people are not being euthanasized via MAID they are simply applying. I won't get my hopes up for it. The Canadien government haven't even posted a clear requirement for mentally ill ppl applying for MAID. This leaves room for them to bitch about who gets it and who doesn't. I think you would have to conpletely fucked over for them to let you die via MAID. Which most of us here aren't.

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
You can apply for MAID but it doesn't mean they will let you die. The homeless people are not being euthanasized via MAID they are simply applying. I won't get my hopes up for it. The Canadien government haven't even posted a clear requirement for mentally ill ppl applying for MAID. This leaves room for them to bitch about who gets it and who doesn't. I think you would have to conpletely fucked over for them to let you die via MAID.
What do you mean by being completely fucked up?

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
What do you mean by being completely fucked up?
Like barely able to function or severe ptsd, I'm just saying the requirement for MAID is going to be pretty strict and most of us most likely cannot get it.