Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
This can range from small things to big things.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
You weren't really abused & you don't deserve sympathy. Just ask @Chinaski, he knows all about these things. He knows I'm a fucking egomaniacal fraud who wasn't actually fucked by his own father for a decade & deserves to be crushed like the most disgusting insect of them all

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
You weren't really abused & you don't deserve sympathy. Just ask @Chinaski, he knows all about these things. He knows I'm a fucking egomaniacal fraud who wasn't actually fucked by his own father for a decade & deserves to be crushed like the most disgusting insect of them all
Don't make my thread about you.

Reactions: sourokraandfish and Red Scare
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
A type of conditioning, maybe? Maybe some part of you anticipates punishment, or reprisal.

If you had a traumatizing experience that involved a particular situation, maybe you will be conditioned in the future to become anxious if you find yourself in a similar situation later on. Subconsciously you would be worried about reliving that particular moment.

I dunno.

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
A type of conditioning, maybe? Maybe some part of you anticipates punishment, or reprisal.

If you had a traumatizing experience that involved a particular situation, maybe you will be conditioned in the future to become anxious if you find yourself in a similar situation later on. Subconsciously you would be worried about reliving that particular moment.

I dunno.
Yeah anticipates punishment makes sense. How do I stop this?

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Yeah anticipates punishment makes sense. How do I stop this?
Depends on the situation, sometimes it is perfectly reasonable. Like breaking the law, if you have ever been to jail before. That is a deterrent from committing more crimes.

But if it has to do with doing something fun, like going skinny dipping with a pretty girl, and you're anxious because your parents scared you with stories of going to hell... it just takes realizing that you're an adult and there is no one there to punish you, no man in the sky who will send you to hell. Really the only people who can stop you from doing anything is law enforcement, and only if it's illegal, or you, due to an artificial limitation you have placed on yourself.

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Depends on the situation, sometimes it is perfectly reasonable. Like breaking the law, if you have ever been to jail before. That is a deterrent from committing more crimes.

But if it has to do with doing something fun, like going skinny dipping with a pretty girl, and you're anxious because your parents scared you with stories of going to hell... it just takes realizing that you're an adult and there is no one there to punish you, no man in the sky who will send you to hell. Really the only people who can stop you from doing anything is law enforcement, and only if it's illegal, or you, due to an artificial limitation you have placed on yourself.
Yeah it's the artificial limitations.